Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but 08:16 - Oct 4 with 5142 viewsitfcpaul

if he can't turn it round I would love GH to be given an opportunity

fantastic passing football would be amazing to watch and his knowledge is astounding

Would be my choice

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:17 - Oct 4 with 4264 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:24 - Oct 4 with 4241 viewsernie

Are you on drugs? You actually think Hoddle would come here
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:25 - Oct 4 with 4238 viewsKeno

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:17 - Oct 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

you know it may just be his time

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:30 - Oct 4 with 4201 viewsBenters2

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:24 - Oct 4 by ernie

Harsh but fair.
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:52 - Oct 4 with 4125 viewsitfcpaul

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:24 - Oct 4 by ernie

Did I say he would?

He would be my choice

if ME wants to make the right offer then yes he would

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:54 - Oct 4 with 4105 viewsVaughan8

Its bad enough I hear him on BT Sport. How long is it since he managed? Its a different game now. TO appoint him would be certain relegation. He couldn't handle players this rubbish!
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:57 - Oct 4 with 4083 viewsBenters2

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:52 - Oct 4 by itfcpaul

Did I say he would?

He would be my choice

Any manager who comes here under the current Owner is going to struggle.

End of.
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 09:27 - Oct 4 with 4014 viewsernie

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:52 - Oct 4 by itfcpaul

Did I say he would?

He would be my choice

you seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land, first on the basis you think we could attract a manager of that caliber, then on thinking that any manager like Hoddle would want to work with the scraps being handed out by Evans to his managers. You are talking about Glenn Hoddle, a former England manager and probably one of the greatest players to wear an England shirt coming to a club headed for League 1. Wake up
Login to get fewer ads

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 09:28 - Oct 4 with 4015 viewsLord_Lucan

That's like working under a soon to be sacked boss at Jacks Cafe and hoping that the boss of McDonalds takes over.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 10:00 - Oct 4 with 3914 viewsfarkenhell

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:54 - Oct 4 by Vaughan8

Its bad enough I hear him on BT Sport. How long is it since he managed? Its a different game now. TO appoint him would be certain relegation. He couldn't handle players this rubbish!

Despite the fact that he hasn't managed for many years, Hoddle still has hugely impressive tactical knowledge and awareness. A small example for me was how he spotted straight away the tactical change that Croatia had made in the world cup SF and what England needed to do to counteract it. Then after the game, he had that impressive debate with Bilic (who, of course, has managed at the top level much more recently) where you could sense the respect that Bilic has for Hoddle.

Also remember that he has a track record of improving players at this level and with limited financial means.

I'm sorry, but to suggest that his appointment would result in certain relegation is nonsense, in my opinion. I would love to see him here, either working alongside Hurst or to replace him. Although, as others have said, whether he would be prepared to come here is debatable at best.
on 10:31 - Oct 4 with 3835 views_

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 10:32 - Oct 4 with 3831 viewsBlueForYou

Would be a very good choice. Always been a big fan of Hoddke. He's someone who has a lot of respect. Never thought he'd be a good manager but he did well at Chelsea & for me he's been one of the better England managers. Would he want the week to week grind though? I would view Ipswich as a wonderful opportunity with a sound welk coached youth system in place.

My first foray into this forum. Been a Town fan all my life since dad first took me in the sixties! Seen some great Town sides. Don't go anymore, live in rural Hampshire but follow closely. Things look desperately poor at the moment & for me Paul Hurst is probably not inspirational enough, he comes across as very four & uninteresting.

Really hope things turn around soon for all you diehards out there.
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 10:39 - Oct 4 with 3811 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Glenn Hoddle is a genius of football.

Listening to him speak is like listening to a guru of the game.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 10:44 - Oct 4 with 3796 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 08:54 - Oct 4 by Vaughan8

Based on his commentary/punditry I'm sure he'd still find a way to talk up Eric Dier and Dele Alli in his press conferences

His Tottenham bias during some England games has been unbelievable
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 10:50 - Oct 4 with 3770 viewshampstead_blue

The downside with Hoddle is that if he did come here, he would be by far the best footballer in the club!

The players we have would not be able to keep up with him on a skill and awareness basis.

The current crop need an organiser. Hoddle is out of their league They would not be able to half of what he's want.

Moyes or Warburton for me.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hoddle would be amazing, but not for us.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 3596 viewsPositivelyPortman

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 09:27 - Oct 4 by ernie

you seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land, first on the basis you think we could attract a manager of that caliber, then on thinking that any manager like Hoddle would want to work with the scraps being handed out by Evans to his managers. You are talking about Glenn Hoddle, a former England manager and probably one of the greatest players to wear an England shirt coming to a club headed for League 1. Wake up

“One of the greatest players to wear an England shirt”?
Behave.
He couldn’t tackle, didn’t head a ball, wasn’t exactly pacey and had the most ludicrous perm when performing in his pop career singing with Waddle.
Also he’s mental, re his comments on disabled folk.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 16:18]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:41 - Oct 5 with 3400 viewsfarkenhell

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 15:00 - Oct 4 by PositivelyPortman

Behave.
He couldn’t tackle, didn’t head a ball, wasn’t exactly pacey and had the most ludicrous perm when performing in his pop career singing with Waddle.

When you can do things like this, you don't really need to tackle, head a ball or run like forrest gump:

I agree with you about his non-football mistakes. But as a footballer, his technique, skill and ability was up there with the best.
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:46 - Oct 5 with 3388 viewsStokieBlue

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:41 - Oct 5 by farkenhell

When you can do things like this, you don't really need to tackle, head a ball or run like forrest gump:

I agree with you about his non-football mistakes. But as a footballer, his technique, skill and ability was up there with the best.

That's a ridiculous goal.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:48 - Oct 5 with 3381 viewsSwansea_Blue

I would love him to take a DoF role and overhaul the whole structure of the footballing side of the club.

Would never happen though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:48 - Oct 5 with 3379 viewsghostofescobar

Not for me in any way. There must be a reason why he's been out of the game so long. Being a good pundit is a bit different from managing. From what I've read about him, he's a genius footballer (many years ago), great tactician, absolutely awful at man management. You can only play passing football if you have the quality of squad to do that. Do you really think he could do that with our squad!? And if not this squad, do you think him or any other manager will be given the money to get those players? Dream on.

GhostOfEscobar

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:50 - Oct 5 with 3374 viewsLord_Lucan

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:41 - Oct 5 by farkenhell

When football was football - and fans were fans.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:59 - Oct 5 with 3339 viewsfarkenhell

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 11:46 - Oct 5 by StokieBlue

That's a ridiculous goal.

SB

I remember my mates and I trying to re-enact this one many times:

Never got anywhere near of course!
Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 12:06 - Oct 5 with 3323 viewsSouperJim

I've never understood why Glenn Hoddle is mentioned every time we're looking for a manager. He hasn't had a job for 12 years, is a pundit these days and doesn't appear to have any interest in returning to management.

To call him yesterdays man is a ridiculous understatement.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 12:18 - Oct 5 with 3304 viewsjeera

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 12:06 - Oct 5 by SouperJim

I've never understood why Glenn Hoddle is mentioned every time we're looking for a manager. He hasn't had a job for 12 years, is a pundit these days and doesn't appear to have any interest in returning to management.

To call him yesterdays man is a ridiculous understatement.

Many people who have been linked to his academy would disagree.

He's always maintained his interest and is still respected in the game.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 12:20 - Oct 5 with 3296 viewsartsbossbeard

Glenn Hoddle-i really want PH to succeed but on 15:00 - Oct 4 by PositivelyPortman

Behave.

Hahaha! What a dripper.

Edit: Isn't it also rather hypocritical to refer to Glenn as "mental" whilst having a pop at him for his treatment of disabled people?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 12:31]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024