Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? 21:41 - Nov 8 with 25563 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Pixies - Doolittle album is outstanding.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:08 - Nov 9 with 4396 viewsShropshireBluenago09

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:43 - Nov 9 by TractorFactor

I never thought Doves got as much credit as they deserved. Some great material. The Last Broadcast is a tremendous album.

Yes one of my favourite albums

Gus Uhlenbeek

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:19 - Nov 9 with 4392 viewsGlasgowBlue

Chic. The musicianship of Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson is stunning.

That all three went on to work with Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Bryan Ferry and a host of other “credible acts” shows the6 were more than just a disco band.

And that’s before you even consider their songwriting.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:24 - Nov 9 with 4385 viewsBryanPlug

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:43 - Nov 9 by TractorFactor

I never thought Doves got as much credit as they deserved. Some great material. The Last Broadcast is a tremendous album.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:37 - Nov 9 with 4373 viewsHerbivore

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:24 - Nov 9 by BryanPlug

The Charlatans are sheeeeeiiiiiiiittttteeeee.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:42 - Nov 9 with 4370 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:24 - Nov 9 by BryanPlug

I don't mind the Charlatans but their longevity was more to do with the fact that they were savvy enough to hang on the coattails of whatever musical genre was fashionable at the time.

Iron Lion Zion

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:45 - Nov 9 with 4366 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:06 - Nov 9 by Darth_Koont

The The

Good call. Not a bad track on Infected. Dusk is also an absolutely stunning piece of work.

Not so keen on his Hank Williams album.

Iron Lion Zion

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:50 - Nov 9 with 4365 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 03:14 - Nov 9 by Illinoisblue

Housemartins. Echo and the Bunnymen

Paul Heaton is criminally underrated. The heir to Ray Davies imo.

Iron Lion Zion

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:51 - Nov 9 with 4366 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 10:12 - Nov 9 by Lord_Lucan

I saw them at MK Bowl backing up Simple Minds around 1990 I reckon

Weren't they the warm up act for Bowie at the MKB? Or was that the Men they Couldn't hang?

It was very hot and AAI was pissed.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:58 - Nov 9 with 4363 viewsPJH

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:57 - Nov 9 by solemio

The Zombies

One of the few bands mentioned in this thread that I have heard of-Rod Argent etc.
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:59 - Nov 9 with 4361 viewsPJH

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:50 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

Paul Heaton is criminally underrated. The heir to Ray Davies imo.

Nobody can replace Sir Raymond Douglas Davies.
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 12:02 - Nov 9 with 4354 viewsPJH

Runrig hugely underrated and I only really came across them two or three years ago which was thirty odd years too late.
They have now finished but at least I did get to see them once.
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 12:05 - Nov 9 with 4349 viewsDarth_Koont

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:45 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

Good call. Not a bad track on Infected. Dusk is also an absolutely stunning piece of work.

Not so keen on his Hank Williams album.

Yes. There are a few bits and pieces from Hanky Panky onwards but not much.

But those 4 albums at his height (Soul Mining, Infected, Mindbomb and Dusk) are as good and strong a series of albums as I can think of.

Pronouns: He/Him

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 12:10 - Nov 9 with 4342 viewsurbanblue

Thought of another great band who should have been massive ... Echo and the Bunnymen.
I don't think Ian McCulloch wanted it though!
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 12:12 - Nov 9 with 4341 viewsKeno

The Ra Band

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 13:42 - Nov 9 with 4312 viewsBryanPlug

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:42 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

I don't mind the Charlatans but their longevity was more to do with the fact that they were savvy enough to hang on the coattails of whatever musical genre was fashionable at the time.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 13:55 - Nov 9 with 4302 viewsLord_Lucan

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 11:51 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

Weren't they the warm up act for Bowie at the MKB? Or was that the Men they Couldn't hang?

It was very hot and AAI was pissed.

Ah you could be right because I saw Bowie around the same time at MKB.

Yes, I must have got muddled up. The Stranglers supported Simple Minds..........which give me a chance to post this belter!

Although I dunno what Jim Kerr was playing at.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 14:43 - Nov 9 with 4269 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 13:42 - Nov 9 by BryanPlug

They were on the arse end of Baggy and as soon as Oasis went massive they came over all “North Country Boy” which was the sort of song Noel was knocking out in his sleep.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 14:44]

Iron Lion Zion

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 15:30 - Nov 9 with 4246 viewsScottCandage

Jellyfish
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 15:54 - Nov 9 with 4229 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 13:55 - Nov 9 by Lord_Lucan

Ah you could be right because I saw Bowie around the same time at MKB.

Yes, I must have got muddled up. The Stranglers supported Simple Minds..........which give me a chance to post this belter!

Although I dunno what Jim Kerr was playing at.

Simple minds are a good addition to most underrated bands list.

In the mid 80's they were neck and neck with U2 as the dominant stadium band but fell way ion the 90's whereas U2 kicked on with Actung Baby.

Listening back to those early simple minds records and I appreciate them far more.

Iron Lion Zion

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 15:56 - Nov 9 with 4224 viewsartsbossbeard

The Teardrop Explodes.

*closes thread*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 16:09 - Nov 9 with 4212 viewsLord_Lucan

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 15:56 - Nov 9 by artsbossbeard

The Teardrop Explodes.

*closes thread*

Love em

Treason must be one of the best "Pop songs" ever.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 16:15 - Nov 9 with 4203 viewsGlasgowBlue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 16:09 - Nov 9 by Lord_Lucan

Love em

Treason must be one of the best "Pop songs" ever.

As is Reward, JC got off to a good start with The Greatness And Perfection Of Love and World Shut Your Mouth, but I think the drugs did for him in the end.

Iron Lion Zion

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 17:55 - Nov 9 with 4162 viewsthecheek

The Go-Betweens

and more recently

British Sea Power
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 18:00 - Nov 9 with 4158 viewsWeWereZombies

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 16:15 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

As is Reward, JC got off to a good start with The Greatness And Perfection Of Love and World Shut Your Mouth, but I think the drugs did for him in the end.

Astonishingly he is still alive at 61 and just four years ago had a novel published by Faber and Faber.

But I used to work for someone who had engineered for both Cope and The Stranglers, Cope did in a weekend what all four Stranglers put together did in a fortnight.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 18:01 - Nov 9 with 4156 viewsgt81

The Sound/Adrian Borland. Best accidental discovery ever.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 18:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024