Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? 21:41 - Nov 8 with 25647 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Pixies - Doolittle album is outstanding.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:06 - Nov 9 with 5674 viewsDarth_Koont

The The

Pronouns: He/Him

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:25 - Nov 9 with 5662 viewsIPS_wich

I'm not sure The Pixies are underrated - maybe by the current generation of kids but when I was a teenager in the late 80s/early 90s they were NME darlings and Monkeys Gone to Heaven was played at every student night at Uni. Kurt Cobain cited them as a massive influence and they headlined Reading. Bloody great band with four completely different (yet similar - if that makes sense) albums. Gouge Away is still probably in my top ten favourite songs by any band.

Now, if you're talking underrated then I would say The Chameleons. Given they came from Manchester in the early-mid 80s it's incredible that they didn't make it big alongside other bands of the same era. They did two Peel Sessions, signed to Geffen in the USA and then imploded. Script of the Bridge is in my top 3 every albums and (for me) just pips The Stone Roses to the mantle of greatest debut album ever.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 0:26]
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:58 - Nov 9 with 5651 viewshoppy

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:06 - Nov 9 by Darth_Koont

The The

I we going to say The The, so was glad to see them already mentioned by someone.

Also a shout out for ‘The House of Love’

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 01:02 - Nov 9 with 5647 viewsKBsSocks

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 00:58 - Nov 9 by hoppy

I we going to say The The, so was glad to see them already mentioned by someone.

Also a shout out for ‘The House of Love’

Dub Sex.

But I also agree with many of the other underrated bands mentioned.

Over-rated: most of bands that have made $$$$.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 1:03]

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 03:14 - Nov 9 with 5630 viewsIllinoisblue

Housemartins. Echo and the Bunnymen

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 04:11 - Nov 9 with 5621 viewstrncbluearmy

Magnum
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 05:03 - Nov 9 with 5613 viewsdistractored

Fun Boy Three
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 07:09 - Nov 9 with 5594 viewsBlueBadger

For me:

The Wildhearts(and leader Ginger's solo material), Jon Boden John Martyn, MEily Portman and Dan the Automator's Deltron 3030 project.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 07:46 - Nov 9 with 5576 viewsFoD_Blue

Thunder

Should have been a much bigger band, but struggled when the grunge scene became huge. Danny Bowes is one of the best voices in rock.

Playing in Ipswich in February next year, always fantastic live. I am travelling from Gloucestershire to see them with my sister who is also a big fan. Good news is that they are playing on a Saturday night, and Town are also playing at home that day!
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:10 - Nov 9 with 5569 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Super furry animals

Gus Uhlenbeek

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:18 - Nov 9 with 5564 viewsBLUEBEAT

Beta Band

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:22 - Nov 9 with 5558 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rudimentary Peni!....great lyrics

....and one for Callis...
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 9:09]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:26 - Nov 9 with 5559 viewsHerbivore

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:10 - Nov 9 by ShropshireBluenago09

Super furry animals

That's a very decent shout, they've produced some utterly superb work and are one of the best live acts of the last 25 years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:30 - Nov 9 with 5548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not forgetting The (mighty) Mob....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:55 - Nov 9 with 5536 viewsfactual_blue

The Beatles

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:57 - Nov 9 with 5527 viewssolemio

The Zombies
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:00 - Nov 9 with 5527 viewsEwan_Oozami

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 23:03 - Nov 8 by Melford

XTC definitely. This, from their later work is ***king lovely

Well, how about that! :-) And your ava is good old Wolfie Smith of the Tooting Popular Front, which just happens to be where I was born!

Also, if you do listen to Radio Suffolk apart from the football stuff, Stephen Foster has been playing some stuff this week by TC&I, who are Colin Moulding and Terry Chambers from the original XTC line-up

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:17 - Nov 9 with 5508 viewsDarth_Koont

The Brian Jonestown Massacre are also criminally underrated.

And the documentary Dig! is outstanding too.

Pronouns: He/Him

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:22 - Nov 9 with 5500 viewsWeWereZombies

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 08:57 - Nov 9 by solemio

The Zombies

Ah, thanks

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:25 - Nov 9 with 5497 viewsurbanblue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:17 - Nov 9 by Darth_Koont

The Brian Jonestown Massacre are also criminally underrated.

And the documentary Dig! is outstanding too.

Brilliant Movie that!
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:35 - Nov 9 with 5491 viewsurbanblue

Midnight Oil ... Great songs and superb live!

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:43 - Nov 9 with 5477 viewsTractorFactor

I never thought Doves got as much credit as they deserved. Some great material. The Last Broadcast is a tremendous album.
On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 10:12 - Nov 9 with 5463 viewsLord_Lucan

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 09:35 - Nov 9 by urbanblue

Midnight Oil ... Great songs and superb live!

I saw them at MK Bowl backing up Simple Minds around 1990 I reckon

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 10:38 - Nov 9 with 5444 viewsWeWereZombies

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 23:03 - Nov 8 by Melford

XTC definitely. This, from their later work is ***king lovely

I was slightly, but only slightly, late onto XTC but then became a completist (not just singles as well as albums but tracks only on samplers like 'Traffic Light Rock' and the Mr. Partridge and Dukes of Stratosfear stuff) until around 'Nonesuch' I just stopped for some reason, well kids probably.

So I have never heard that track, if it had been recorded by The Kronos Quartet and with their instrumentation then it would have been lauded as high art but as it is some blokes from Swindon then it gets blindsided. Due to Partridge's insecurity they were not the greatest of live bands (not the two times I saw them anyway) but endlessly inventive.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 10:51 - Nov 9 with 5438 viewsurbanblue

On the topic of the most Overrated band ever - who's the most Underrated? on 10:12 - Nov 9 by Lord_Lucan

I saw them at MK Bowl backing up Simple Minds around 1990 I reckon

I've seen them about 10 times ... here and in UK often in smaller venues. Always a sweaty, singalong mental night! Love em.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024