Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? 15:53 - Dec 13 with 5034 viewsdominiciawful

I mean, somebody who would properly gee up his team-mates and drag them all up when things weren't going right?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:56 - Dec 13 with 2674 viewsIllinoisblue

Chambers

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:57 - Dec 13 with 2657 viewsLowie

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:56 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

Chambers

Matt Holland and then later Magic Jim.

Nothing in their league since sadly.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 15:58]
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:59 - Dec 13 with 2637 viewsWD19

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:57 - Dec 13 by Lowie

Pfft.

Lovely guy. Underated footballer.

Was lucky he was captain of a team full of leaders.
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:04 - Dec 13 with 2604 viewsjayessess

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:56 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

Chambers

Just objectively not the case.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:27 - Dec 13 with 2560 viewsWickets

Chambers of course not too sure he is able to do it now but he did for years .
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:40 - Dec 13 with 2522 viewsernie

Chambers

delusional
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:41 - Dec 13 with 2509 viewsHerbivore

Chambers

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:42 - Dec 13 with 2501 viewsBlueBadger

Chambers

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take one Chambers over a dozen Nolan, Judges and Norwoods.

What a man.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:43 - Dec 13 with 2496 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:04 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Presumably you have numbers for this then, if you can do it objectively...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:46 - Dec 13 with 2482 viewsIllinoisblue

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:04 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Perhaps less so recently but 2014-15 Chambo was leader/legend material

62 - 78 - 81

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:47 - Dec 13 with 2476 viewsMrTown

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:42 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take one Chambers over a dozen Nolan, Judges and Norwoods.

What a man.

He waves his arms around and shouts a lot, but he’s equally as ineffective of a period of time than Norwood and Nolan. No one is a ineffective as Judge, so I’d agree on that.

But I want my captain to be a good footballer, lead by example on the pitch with your performances, and he hasn’t done it for multiple seasons now.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 16:49]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:47 - Dec 13 with 2476 viewsIllinoisblue

Of course, if we had a functioning team the role of captain would be less important

62 - 78 - 81

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:50 - Dec 13 with 2456 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:42 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

What a man.

Ah, the MonkeyAlan Downvote of 'Yep, I'm right about this'.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:54 - Dec 13 with 2447 viewsGuthrum

Chambers being slated because he missed one header yesterday - when everyone else left the Portsmouth players free to run onto the loose ball and put it into the net.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:06 - Dec 13 with 2401 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:54 - Dec 13 by Guthrum

Chambers being slated because he missed one header yesterday - when everyone else left the Portsmouth players free to run onto the loose ball and put it into the net.

Yes, but Mick made Chambers captain.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:07 - Dec 13 with 2398 viewsSwailsey

Chambers

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:11 - Dec 13 with 2384 viewsjayessess

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:43 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

Presumably you have numbers for this then, if you can do it objectively...

There you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ipswich_Town_F.C._seasons

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:16 - Dec 13 with 2363 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:54 - Dec 13 by Guthrum

I agree he shouldn't be singled out for a couple of mistakes. I also think he has generally played well this season.

However, I do not see him lifting the other players nor organising the defence around him.

James Collins and Jon Walters did this but for far too short a time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:19 - Dec 13 with 2349 viewsJoHnNnY

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:57 - Dec 13 by Lowie

Sadly true.

I'm sad for our younger supporters, if they had been present in the Holland / Magilton / Stewart days, which weren't THAT long ago, they'd know why we are bloody fuming at the lack of passion and creative talent.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:25 - Dec 13 with 2312 viewsjayessess

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:16 - Dec 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree he shouldn't be singled out for a couple of mistakes. I also think he has generally played well this season.

However, I do not see him lifting the other players nor organising the defence around him.

James Collins and Jon Walters did this but for far too short a time.

He's not why we are where we are, either this season or over the longer term, but he's not lifting us up either.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 17:26]

Chambers (n/t) on 17:37 - Dec 13 with 2262 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:51 - Dec 13 with 2230 viewsghostofescobar

Captain Caaaaaaavemaaaaaan.

GhostOfEscobar

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:54 - Dec 13 with 2221 viewswkj

I'm going to have to go with Chambers too, though yesterday has probably dented that in the eyes of many supporters and understandably so.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 18:34 - Dec 13 with 2161 viewsWickets

So ernie, Mr Town and hadleighboyblue you have never seen Chambers as a leader blimey ! each to their own .
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 18:36 - Dec 13 with 2157 viewsEwan_Oozami

De Vos

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024