Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? 16:30 - Jul 9 with 7923 viewsunbelievablue

Regardless of your political persuasion. Please show your working.

e.g. I am considering who might be the least threat to a Labour challenge at the next election, as well as "the lesser of all evils" scenario until then, but am as of yet undecided. Whereas you, a staunch Tory, might have a favourite for the opposite reason.

Go.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 16:39 - Jul 9 with 3297 viewsBlueBadger

This was my favourite one in my lifetime.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 16:48 - Jul 9 with 3275 viewsJ2BLUE

Hunt.

Shouldn't be Raab, Sunak, Rees-Mogg or any of the others who have been right at the heart of the government.

Hunt seems competent enough to fill in temporarily without being good enough to stop Labour.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 16:52 - Jul 9 with 3254 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 16:48 - Jul 9 by J2BLUE

Hunt.

Shouldn't be Raab, Sunak, Rees-Mogg or any of the others who have been right at the heart of the government.

Hunt seems competent enough to fill in temporarily without being good enough to stop Labour.

Hunt only seems 'competent enough' compared that current shower. He remains the second worst ever health secretary of my lifetime.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 17:45 - Jul 9 with 3146 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 16:52 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

Hunt only seems 'competent enough' compared that current shower. He remains the second worst ever health secretary of my lifetime.

A surprising comment, because having very close contacts with Bury Hospital, I can remember how impressed the staff were with his knowledge of the trust and his understanding of their issues and problems - most were indeed followed up.
I guess you believe the last decent one was Andy Burnham!!

The West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (WSFT) was delighted to host a visit from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care last week (26 April), to discuss patient safety in the NHS.

During his visit to the West Suffolk Hospital, the Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP commended staff for their efforts in achieving the Trust’s latest ‘outstanding’ rating from the Care Quality Commission, and highlighted the “fantastic work” undertaken on their learning from deaths programme.

After hearing about tools from electronic dashboards to new equipment and apps that WSFT is using to improve patient safety, Mr Hunt spoke candidly to staff about his own experience and journey of patient safety in the NHS. Mr Hunt discussed the role of the Care Quality Commission, performance, patient satisfaction, and the importance of listening to and acting on patient experiences, before taking questions from staff in the room.

Mr Hunt said: “I want to thank staff at West Suffolk Hospital for welcoming me so warmly.

“I was hugely impressed by their commitment to improving patient safety - in particular the push to ensure technology to benefit patients is used right across the Trust, whether through innovative apps or electronic records.

“It was fantastic to see the work they’re doing on the learning from deaths programme - setting an example for the rest of the NHS to follow.

“Staff should be rightly proud of the outstanding rating from the CQC - and the rest of the NHS should take note of their commitment to improve beyond outstanding to ‘world-leading’. Keep up the excellent work.”

The Secretary of State also praised leaders and staff alike for securing the top spot in the recent NHS Staff Survey 2017, where WSFT came top in the country against comparable trusts for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive care.

He was then shown a demonstration of the Trust’s new vital signs monitors by nurse and nursing informatics lead Ian Coe; these machines measure a patient’s blood pressure, temperature, oxygen saturation and pulse and all other required parameters to enable immediate calculation of Early Warning Scores (EWS), which help to identify acutely unwell patients early. By scanning a barcode on the patient’s wrist, these readings are then placed directly into the patient’s electronic care record, reducing the risk of human error and saving time from data having to be inputted manually.

Chief executive Dr Stephen Dunn said: “It was a pleasure to welcome the Secretary of State to our Trust in order to hear about patient safety from a national perspective.

“In the NHS we’re all passionate about patient safety — it’s the bread and butter of what we do and why we’re here, and it was a fantastic opportunity to highlight the work we’re undertaking to continuously improve.”
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 17:46 - Jul 9 with 3137 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 17:45 - Jul 9 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

A surprising comment, because having very close contacts with Bury Hospital, I can remember how impressed the staff were with his knowledge of the trust and his understanding of their issues and problems - most were indeed followed up.

The West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (WSFT) was delighted to host a visit from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care last week (26 April), to discuss patient safety in the NHS.

During his visit to the West Suffolk Hospital, the Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP commended staff for their efforts in achieving the Trust’s latest ‘outstanding’ rating from the Care Quality Commission, and highlighted the “fantastic work” undertaken on their learning from deaths programme.

After hearing about tools from electronic dashboards to new equipment and apps that WSFT is using to improve patient safety, Mr Hunt spoke candidly to staff about his own experience and journey of patient safety in the NHS. Mr Hunt discussed the role of the Care Quality Commission, performance, patient satisfaction, and the importance of listening to and acting on patient experiences, before taking questions from staff in the room.

Mr Hunt said: “I want to thank staff at West Suffolk Hospital for welcoming me so warmly.

“I was hugely impressed by their commitment to improving patient safety - in particular the push to ensure technology to benefit patients is used right across the Trust, whether through innovative apps or electronic records.

“It was fantastic to see the work they’re doing on the learning from deaths programme - setting an example for the rest of the NHS to follow.

“Staff should be rightly proud of the outstanding rating from the CQC - and the rest of the NHS should take note of their commitment to improve beyond outstanding to ‘world-leading’. Keep up the excellent work.”

The Secretary of State also praised leaders and staff alike for securing the top spot in the recent NHS Staff Survey 2017, where WSFT came top in the country against comparable trusts for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive care.

He was then shown a demonstration of the Trust’s new vital signs monitors by nurse and nursing informatics lead Ian Coe; these machines measure a patient’s blood pressure, temperature, oxygen saturation and pulse and all other required parameters to enable immediate calculation of Early Warning Scores (EWS), which help to identify acutely unwell patients early. By scanning a barcode on the patient’s wrist, these readings are then placed directly into the patient’s electronic care record, reducing the risk of human error and saving time from data having to be inputted manually.

Chief executive Dr Stephen Dunn said: “It was a pleasure to welcome the Secretary of State to our Trust in order to hear about patient safety from a national perspective.

“In the NHS we’re all passionate about patient safety — it’s the bread and butter of what we do and why we’re here, and it was a fantastic opportunity to highlight the work we’re undertaking to continuously improve.”

By the way - he is not my choice ( Hunt not Badger!) to be the next leader of the Tory party...
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 17:53 - Jul 9 with 3123 viewstractordownsouth

Best politically: Tom Tugendhat is probably the best of a bad bunch although he's a massive NIMBY which is disappointing. Penny Mordaunt seems relatively moderate which isn't saying much in this current Tory party. Shapps probably wouldn't do much damage because he's a bit of a non-entity but he probably won't even make the first ballot of MPs.

Best chance for Labour to win an election: Truss is David Brent mark 2. Sunak's campaign is terrible too. Braverman is clearly the lunatic candidate and would lose an election but her views are so awful I wouldn't want her to be in charge even only for a year or two.

I think Kemi Badenoch is the most interesting candidate. If she gets to the final 2 I can see her appealing to the members.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:05 - Jul 9 with 3080 viewsChurchman

Jacob Rees-Mogg. An outstanding candidate. He has a real grasp of the issues. Fine public speaker with the common touch and real empathy with the people. The endearing old stick insect even leaves touching little notes on desks for people. What a sense of humour.

I’m sure he’d have had a full grasp of the Brexit Select Committee I attended, if he’d bothered to read the briefing - which he clearly hadn’t.

Yep, he’s the man for me. Not least because it would see the end of this disgraceful shower for decades. If not him, haystack Nadine because the outcome would be the same.
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:14 - Jul 9 with 3070 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 17:45 - Jul 9 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

As a former employee of WSH, you are talking crap. The only people who were 'impressed' with him were the brown nosing senior management.

Ask anyone who was a junior doctor on his watch - he was the health secretary who instigated the catastrophic junior doctors contract which is in part responsible for dropping numbers of GPs.

Ask anyone in nurse recruitment and staffing(in particular) - he was the health secretary who allowed George Osborne to remove the student nurse bursary. He wa the health secretary who sat back and allowed his colleagues to demonise overseas workers and create a toxic working environment for EU healthcare workers.

Privatisation of services rocketed on his watch.

All with massive implications for quality of care and patient safety.

His concern for patient safety was invariably a front.

Nice, 'yes but Labour', at the end by the way, though.

[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 19:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:16 - Jul 9 with 3046 viewsFreddies_Ears

Liz Truss would surely never win a general election? So she gets my vote for Tory leader...
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:20 - Jul 9 with 3028 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:14 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

As a former employee of WSH, you are talking crap. The only people who were 'impressed' with him were the brown nosing senior management.

Ask anyone who was a junior doctor on his watch - he was the health secretary who instigated the catastrophic junior doctors contract which is in part responsible for dropping numbers of GPs.

Ask anyone in nurse recruitment and staffing(in particular) - he was the health secretary who allowed George Osborne to remove the student nurse bursary. He wa the health secretary who sat back and allowed his colleagues to demonise overseas workers and create a toxic working environment for EU healthcare workers.

Your claim to have 'contacts' at WSH would look a lot more credible if you hadn't just googled and copy-pasted a bit of PR guff, as well.

https://www.wsh.nhs.uk/News-room/news-posts/Jeremy-Hunt-talks-patient-safety.asp

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:24 - Jul 9 with 3004 viewsXYZ

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:14 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

Was Health Sec. when Operation Cygnus was run ....
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:39 - Jul 9 with 2959 viewsghostofescobar

Boris Johnson. Labours best electoral asset. Actually I wouldn’t put it past Johnson to somehow try and hang on. As usual he’s playing for time and will hope that something happens that means he can stay on. Maybe.

GhostOfEscobar

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:53 - Jul 9 with 2927 viewsjaykay

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:20 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

Your claim to have 'contacts' at WSH would look a lot more credible if you hadn't just googled and copy-pasted a bit of PR guff, as well.

https://www.wsh.nhs.uk/News-room/news-posts/Jeremy-Hunt-talks-patient-safety.asp

i noticed the copy and paste to. i think is was meant as a gotcha
mind you he didn't copy and paste this bit . https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/bury-st-edmunds/news/west-suffolk-hospital-loses-o
with all the help from hunt look what happened. the workers were afraid to report their concerns to the brown noses as you called them ( the management)

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:56 - Jul 9 with 2910 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:53 - Jul 9 by jaykay

i noticed the copy and paste to. i think is was meant as a gotcha
mind you he didn't copy and paste this bit . https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/bury-st-edmunds/news/west-suffolk-hospital-loses-o
with all the help from hunt look what happened. the workers were afraid to report their concerns to the brown noses as you called them ( the management)

Forgot this bit, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jul/28/west-suffolk-hospital-chief-resi

The full report here:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/east-of-england/2021/12/09/west-suffolk-review-publis
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 18:58]

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:57 - Jul 9 with 2915 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:20 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

Of course I copied and pasted it. I remember the visit but Hunt did not give me a personal interview so why wouldn't I look it up?
That is so rich coming from a poster who along with others makes sure we are copied into very large swathes of The Guardian every day.
Must go, visiting The Angel later - hopefully they do non alcoholic (well 0.5%), ghost ship as my turn to drive...
Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:59 - Jul 9 with 2887 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:57 - Jul 9 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Of course I copied and pasted it. I remember the visit but Hunt did not give me a personal interview so why wouldn't I look it up?
That is so rich coming from a poster who along with others makes sure we are copied into very large swathes of The Guardian every day.
Must go, visiting The Angel later - hopefully they do non alcoholic (well 0.5%), ghost ship as my turn to drive...

Going down to see Ben Smith playing, eh?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 18:59]

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:00 - Jul 9 with 2864 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 18:59 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

Going down to see Ben Smith playing, eh?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 18:59]

As a by-the-by, I've moved the wedding photos to a different server now.

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:09 - Jul 9 with 2840 viewsKropotkin123

Rishi.

With no desirable candidates and candidates of similar ability, I'd rather move on minority representation.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:21 - Jul 9 with 2797 viewsNthQldITFC

Javid. Arguably has the best green credentials, and when it comes down to it, that's the thing the matters more than anything else. By a million miles.

Alternatively, whichever candidate ensures a LabLib coalition at the next election, and a real, no bullsh1t, honesty and integrity reset of politics.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:22 - Jul 9 with 2795 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:00 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

As a by-the-by, I've moved the wedding photos to a different server now.

Spoilsport

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:25 - Jul 9 with 2769 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolute crackers. The reality of his tenure away for puff PR pieces is one of drastically dropping performance, record low funding increases, disinvestment in staff and staff training schemes and slight of hand of stats manipulation. Widely seen as a shocking Health Sec.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:26 - Jul 9 with 2767 viewswkj

Jeremy Corbyn - As it would boil some piss
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 19:26]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:26 - Jul 9 with 2764 viewsElephantintheRoom

It doesn’t matter who gets in. There is no answer to the problems Johnson created and the Conservatives are ungovernable. Not even a circus lion tamer could do the job.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:30 - Jul 9 with 2753 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:26 - Jul 9 by ElephantintheRoom

It doesn’t matter who gets in. There is no answer to the problems Johnson created and the Conservatives are ungovernable. Not even a circus lion tamer could do the job.

Agreed. The presidential approach adopted by Johnson will simply be followed by whoever succeeds him (as all the candidates at some stage either ignored or openly encouraged it). Once your barrel of apples is rotten you need to do more than take out the top one, you need to throw the whole barrel away.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:31 - Jul 9 with 2752 viewsBlueBadger

Who is your preferred next Tory leader (thus PM), and why? on 19:25 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

Absolute crackers. The reality of his tenure away for puff PR pieces is one of drastically dropping performance, record low funding increases, disinvestment in staff and staff training schemes and slight of hand of stats manipulation. Widely seen as a shocking Health Sec.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/jeremy-hunt-tory-leadership-boris-johnson-nhs-j

This is a devastating piece. Lays bare the litany of Hunt's failures.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 19:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024