Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo - Game changer 08:15 - Sep 4 with 1834 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s only when you watch the game from behind the goal that you really appreciate the work Freddie Ladapo does.

He stretches the defence, which creates the space for the likes of Chaplin and Harness. Chases every ball and never stops working.

He must have touched the ball more times in his 25 minutes than Jackson did in his 65.

The whole game changed when he came on.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:35 - Sep 4 with 1679 viewstownblue

He was really good when he came on. Jackson was there to play a different role so would not expect as many touches - really interesting hearing McKenna talk about why we set up that way to start.
Ladapo - Game changer on 08:39 - Sep 4 with 1639 viewsJ2BLUE

Underrated, Would be great to see him get a couple of goals in the home games just to get the minority off his back.

I think Jackson's work running them ragged was also underappreciated. Bringing three off the bench in the second half who don't weaken the side is clearly something McKenna likes to do. Probably not a coincidence Accrington bucked late on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:39 - Sep 4 with 1631 viewstextbackup

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:35 - Sep 4 by townblue

He was really good when he came on. Jackson was there to play a different role so would not expect as many touches - really interesting hearing McKenna talk about why we set up that way to start.

Once Acc saw KJ was playing they were never going to leave it 1 on 1 at the back, so refreshing to have a manager that sees things arent working, and can make the necessary changes.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:41 - Sep 4 with 1615 viewsDubtractor

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:35 - Sep 4 by townblue

Yeah, I thought Jackson did OK overall, paved the way for Ladapo to come on against a tired set of defenders and bully them a bit.

I think we look pretty well set in the attacking 3 positions now - that 5 sub rule will definitely be in out favour as we'll probably replace all 3 attackers in most games, and there will be pace and power coming on to the pitch each time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:45 - Sep 4 with 1551 viewsDubtractor

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:39 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

Underrated, Would be great to see him get a couple of goals in the home games just to get the minority off his back.

I think Jackson's work running them ragged was also underappreciated. Bringing three off the bench in the second half who don't weaken the side is clearly something McKenna likes to do. Probably not a coincidence Accrington bucked late on.

You've made pretty much the same post as me J2. Great minds etc.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ladapo - Game changer on 08:47 - Sep 4 with 1544 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Yep, Ladapo was vital and seemed to immediately intimidate their defence. I found Jackson incredibly frustrating yesterday and he really ought to have done better in that one on one.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Agreed on 08:52 - Sep 4 with 1485 viewsunstableblue

Ladapo looked really sharp

A surprise he didn’t start given the confidence boost of his mid week goal

But McKenna had a game plan, that didn’t pan out in the first half, which was a poor affair. As McKenna stated Accy locked on to players upfield, and there was no chance for Morsy or Evans to feed balls in behind for Jackson.

Ladapo have some real energy and a more intelligent mobility than we’d seen from Jackson. And of course Chaplin was just so industrious.

What did you think of Burns performance Glasgow, he looked to be in second gear to me?

I really liked the brief cameo from Ahadme… he looks to have work rate in spades and I suspect is a nightmare to play against.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ladapo - Game changer on 09:00 - Sep 4 with 1443 viewsArnieM

It’s all about “ roles”. Each player has a role in the team. More so than a position. A subtle but very calculated difference by McKenna. He’s using different approaches through different players doing different roles, in each half. McKenna’s understanding of the game is light years ahead previous managers we had here in the last 20 years. He is absolutely phenomenal. But he has also acquired a carefully chosen group of players, that have “ specific profiles” and skill sets to enable them to execute McKenna’s game plan. For instance, the players here under Lambert would be incapable of performing to the level this current squad now do.

Ipswich Town FC have morphed into a totally different animal and the scariest thing is this has happened in just over 12 months!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Agreed on 09:03 - Sep 4 with 1421 viewsblueislander

Agreed on 08:52 - Sep 4 by unstableblue

Ladapo looked really sharp

A surprise he didn’t start given the confidence boost of his mid week goal

But McKenna had a game plan, that didn’t pan out in the first half, which was a poor affair. As McKenna stated Accy locked on to players upfield, and there was no chance for Morsy or Evans to feed balls in behind for Jackson.

Ladapo have some real energy and a more intelligent mobility than we’d seen from Jackson. And of course Chaplin was just so industrious.

What did you think of Burns performance Glasgow, he looked to be in second gear to me?

I really liked the brief cameo from Ahadme… he looks to have work rate in spades and I suspect is a nightmare to play against.

Ahadme’s first touch didn’t look great, but unfair to make a judgement on those few minutes.
Ladapo - Game changer on 09:03 - Sep 4 with 1420 viewsGuthrum

Arguably, we can actually step up the quality in the final half-hour, having absorbed pressure from the opposition and applied some of our own for the first 60.

We're not going to be able to do that against the best sides in the division, but it will work on a lot. Wonder if we start to see teams making tactical defensive subs in Town games?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ladapo - Game changer on 09:08 - Sep 4 with 1378 viewsblueislander

Ladapo - Game changer on 09:03 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

Arguably, we can actually step up the quality in the final half-hour, having absorbed pressure from the opposition and applied some of our own for the first 60.

We're not going to be able to do that against the best sides in the division, but it will work on a lot. Wonder if we start to see teams making tactical defensive subs in Town games?

Interesting that several on here were very critical after the draw with Barnsley who were reckoned to be mid table. They beat Wednesday at Hillsborough quite comfortably. By that reckoning our game against them is a must win.
Ladapo - Game changer on 09:18 - Sep 4 with 1325 viewsBigCommon

Ladapo - Game changer on 09:00 - Sep 4 by ArnieM

It’s all about “ roles”. Each player has a role in the team. More so than a position. A subtle but very calculated difference by McKenna. He’s using different approaches through different players doing different roles, in each half. McKenna’s understanding of the game is light years ahead previous managers we had here in the last 20 years. He is absolutely phenomenal. But he has also acquired a carefully chosen group of players, that have “ specific profiles” and skill sets to enable them to execute McKenna’s game plan. For instance, the players here under Lambert would be incapable of performing to the level this current squad now do.

Ipswich Town FC have morphed into a totally different animal and the scariest thing is this has happened in just over 12 months!

McKenna's thinking is light years ahead of some supporters, too.... Yet again, we we score twice, get the three points and only , really carve out one chance for our strikers. Jackson going through and missing. Which was more of an opportunist break, than anything prescribed. Imo...
Keep saying it. But I honestly hope people don't get on Ladapo, Jackson or Gas's back. If none of them are banging goals in for fun..
Like you say, they have a "role" to play. For the good of the team. And it's working well atm.
Ladapo - Game changer on 09:41 - Sep 4 with 1190 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. The first half at least was fairly attritional. But Jackson (and TJJ) still did miles of running to work the defenders and tire them even when we weren’t that fluid in attack.

Ladapo and Chaplin were exactly what was needed for the knockout blow, but it was still a team performance.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ladapo - Game changer on 09:46 - Sep 4 with 1152 viewsGlasgowBlue

It wasn’t Jackson’s game. Through no fault if his own.

KM selected him to catch Accrington’s lone on the break. When they saw Jackson in the team they changed tactics and left two at the back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ladapo - Game changer on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 898 viewsPendejo

Ladapo - Game changer on 09:00 - Sep 4 by ArnieM

Light Years Away travelling at Warp 9

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024