Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A12 18:09 - Sep 12 with 1323 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Does anyone know if there are still night time closures on the A12 between Ipswich and Colchester?
A12 on 18:23 - Sep 12 with 1303 viewsGeoffSentence

No idea, nor could I fathom out why there were miles of 40 mile an hour limits over the weekend when no work was taking place.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A12 on 18:36 - Sep 12 with 1285 viewsbluelagos

A12 on 18:23 - Sep 12 by GeoffSentence

No idea, nor could I fathom out why there were miles of 40 mile an hour limits over the weekend when no work was taking place.

They've had the 40 limits for about 3 months. No work in day, but limits still apply (along with average speed cameras to catch anyone driving over 40 mph on the dual carriage way)
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 18:46]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A12 on 18:46 - Sep 12 with 1260 viewsDeano69

A12 on 18:23 - Sep 12 by GeoffSentence

They have had central reservations out so restricted speeds.

That said, why does it need 10 miles at a time coned off? Surely they could work on significantly shorter sections leaving much less disruption?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A12 on 20:38 - Sep 12 with 1152 viewshoppy

We had to do the manningtree diversion on Friday night when we came back from London… so unless it’s changed since then, still in place.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A12 on 21:14 - Sep 12 with 1095 viewsTrequartista

It was open last night Suffolk-bound albeit at 40mph, and the cones on most of the Colchester bypass section have gone.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A12 on 21:17 - Sep 12 with 1092 viewsTrequartista

A12 on 18:46 - Sep 12 by Deano69

They have had central reservations out so restricted speeds.

That said, why does it need 10 miles at a time coned off? Surely they could work on significantly shorter sections leaving much less disruption?

Why does a dual carriageway with a central reservation with some sections missing require 40mph, whilst a single carriageway with just a white line separating oncoming traffic allows 60mph? It's bullsh**. They just can't be bothered / haven't got the money to clear away the cones when they are not working on it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A12 on 09:25 - Sep 13 with 917 viewsmarvellous

https://one.network/

This shows all planned road closures, roadworks, diversions, etc. Check out the complete poo-cart that is Ipswich's major road network over the next week or so - tremendous work!
A12 on 09:29 - Sep 13 with 891 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A12 on 21:17 - Sep 12 by Trequartista

Why does a dual carriageway with a central reservation with some sections missing require 40mph, whilst a single carriageway with just a white line separating oncoming traffic allows 60mph? It's bullsh**. They just can't be bothered / haven't got the money to clear away the cones when they are not working on it.

Yep. It's the same all over the place isn't it.

Separate point but did I read somewhere that there is likely to be a review of speed limits on motorways, i.e. to potentially increase the speed limit to say 80mph?
Login to get fewer ads

A12 on 09:37 - Sep 13 with 868 viewsunbelievablue

A12 on 09:29 - Sep 13 by PrideOfTheEast

Separate point but did I read somewhere that there is likely to be a review of speed limits on motorways, i.e. to potentially increase the speed limit to say 80mph?

If it's variable then suits me. Can't be all the time though like in Europe because weight of traffic here would make it dangerous.

80 is a nice speed to drive. Moving the limit to 80 wouldn't make me drive 90, which feels a lot in this country.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

A12 on 09:38 - Sep 13 with 867 viewsbaxterbasics

A12 on 09:29 - Sep 13 by PrideOfTheEast

That was a policy suggestion back around 2010 but the government dropped it once stats were published about the expected increase in road deaths. No idea if it's being resurrected by the new minister for transport, Anne-Marie Trevelyan.

As for the A12 and the Manningtree diversion - yuck. Be warned I went through it around 2am back in July and there was a speed van in one of the villages. At 2AM! Easy to fall foul of that trap on a country road in the middle of the night. Thankfully I was being observant of the limit.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

A12 on 12:02 - Sep 13 with 782 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A12 on 09:37 - Sep 13 by unbelievablue

If it's variable then suits me. Can't be all the time though like in Europe because weight of traffic here would make it dangerous.

80 is a nice speed to drive. Moving the limit to 80 wouldn't make me drive 90, which feels a lot in this country.

Yep agree. In an era of "smart" motorways it seems to make sense to allow for greater speed at appropriate sections and times too.
A12 on 12:11 - Sep 13 with 744 viewsKieran_Knows

A12 on 18:36 - Sep 12 by bluelagos

They've had the 40 limits for about 3 months. No work in day, but limits still apply (along with average speed cameras to catch anyone driving over 40 mph on the dual carriage way)
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 18:46]

I drive to Marks Tey from Ipswich to work everyday, and my god it has absolutely done my head in. Cannot wait for them to be finished (they have now begun opening up sections, think there's just one last bit to go).

Absolutely pointless having all that done at 40mph, as someone else has said, surely would've been better doing shorter sections at a time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024