Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Collins 00:15 - Dec 30 with 7111 viewstheinbetweener

I can see us going in for him in January. Kept an eye on him a lot this season and he is exactly the kind of option we could do with up top, the final piece of the jigsaw imo.
Aaron Collins on 00:29 - Dec 30 with 5666 viewstextbackup

9 goals, 12 assists.... beats what we currently have

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Aaron Collins on 09:04 - Dec 30 with 5222 viewsbilllm

Agree, plays across the front 3 mobile what's not to like,
Be disappointed if we weren't after him,
Aaron Collins on 09:15 - Dec 30 with 5160 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Aaron Collins on 09:04 - Dec 30 by billlm

Agree, plays across the front 3 mobile what's not to like,
Be disappointed if we weren't after him,

The questions will be:

Can KM improve him?
Can he play in the Championship?

It's the latter that is the real question mark. KM improving him is a given.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Aaron Collins on 09:22 - Dec 30 with 5114 viewsSheffordBlue

Aaron Collins on 09:15 - Dec 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

The questions will be:

Can KM improve him?

That's the January transfer window conundrum isn't it? We don't want to sign someone on a 2-3 year deal who won't cut it in the Championship

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Aaron Collins on 10:18 - Dec 30 with 4937 viewsbilllm

Aaron Collins on 09:22 - Dec 30 by SheffordBlue

That's the January transfer window conundrum isn't it? We don't want to sign someone on a 2-3 year deal who won't cut it in the Championship

Agree on both posts but it's going to be difficult to get any championship striker this time of year,
Apart from will Keane perhaps,
Aaron Collins on 10:21 - Dec 30 with 4910 viewscressi

Aaron Collins on 10:18 - Dec 30 by billlm

Agree on both posts but it's going to be difficult to get any championship striker this time of year,
Apart from will Keane perhaps,

One good season I hope not
Aaron Collins on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 4739 viewsipswichtillidie

Aaron Collins on 09:15 - Dec 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

The questions will be:

Can KM improve him?

This is the question. He’s output ration of goals and assists is very impressive. But we have seen that before. I like him from what I’ve seen, not perhaps the bigger 9 we were after in the summer but a mobile no 10 who can play 9.

Gav

Aaron Collins on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 4593 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aaron Collins on 00:29 - Dec 30 by textbackup

Other way around but yes, his stats are very impressive and in a team that are only 12th and have scored 38 goals total.

If he is the right style of forward for us, he would be an excellent addition.

He has a contract until 2025 and I am sure they will want a decent fee for him, but that shouldn't stop us unless there is serious Championship interest.

Brown at Exeter is another whose stats look good.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Collins on 12:26 - Dec 30 with 4511 viewsFrimleyBlue

Course we can.

Concentrate on this league. Can he help get us up. Fab.

If we end up loaning him out after this season who cares.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Aaron Collins on 14:17 - Dec 30 with 4258 viewsWallingford_Boy

Aaron Collins on 00:29 - Dec 30 by textbackup

12 goals

RIP Sir Bobby

Aaron Collins on 14:32 - Dec 30 with 4211 viewsbournemouthblue

Aaron Collins on 12:26 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

Course we can.

That wouldn't be ideal though in truth, we want players who can kick on

And he might do that in fairness, I don't know enough about him to make a judgement on that

Luongo and Wickham on a free would be sensible squad additions but the owners are probably a bit more ambitious than that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Aaron Collins on 14:36 - Dec 30 with 4191 viewsBroadhill

We might not be in the championship next season. It isn't a given. We look very wobbly now. Lose to Lincoln and that will be 1 point out of 9 away. I'm not convinced we can beat them.
Aaron Collins on 14:41 - Dec 30 with 4158 viewsbournemouthblue

Aaron Collins on 14:36 - Dec 30 by Broadhill

We might not be in the championship next season. It isn't a given. We look very wobbly now. Lose to Lincoln and that will be 1 point out of 9 away. I'm not convinced we can beat them.

We can definitely beat them, they'll have to come at us at Lincoln

They're not an easy team to beat by any means but we shouldn't be fearing too many teams at this level, let's be honest

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Aaron Collins on 14:45 - Dec 30 with 4115 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aaron Collins on 14:36 - Dec 30 by Broadhill

Lose to Lincoln, Plymouth, Oxford, Morecambe and Accrington and we will have lost every league match in January. It would be a dreadful run and not only 5 straight defeats but only 2 wins in 10 matches. We should be very worried. In fact, in anticipation of this dreadful form you keep predicting, McKenna out! Better to sack him before it happens than wait until we have lost that ground.

Aaron Collins on 14:53 - Dec 30 with 4054 viewsFrimleyBlue

Aaron Collins on 14:45 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Lose to Lincoln, Plymouth, Oxford, Morecambe and Accrington and we will have lost every league match in January. It would be a dreadful run and not only 5 straight defeats but only 2 wins in 10 matches. We should be very worried. In fact, in anticipation of this dreadful form you keep predicting, McKenna out! Better to sack him before it happens than wait until we have lost that ground.

Your reply to the poster is a bit strange.

You tend to base your posts on facts. What's wrong with the poster stating his thoughts?

1 point out of 9 wouldn't be great would it? A draw is the most likely outcome of the Lincoln game isn't it based on their home performances this season.

Waka waka eh eh

Aaron Collins on 14:55 - Dec 30 with 4040 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aaron Collins on 14:53 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

Your reply to the poster is a bit strange.

You tend to base your posts on facts. What's wrong with the poster stating his thoughts?

1 point out of 9 wouldn't be great would it? A draw is the most likely outcome of the Lincoln game isn't it based on their home performances this season.

The poster has projected a result and stated it as a fact. I have projected some other postulated results. The fact you see that is fine for the poster I reply to but you think it is odd for me to do says more about you than anything.

It's like rain on your wedding day really.

Aaron Collins on 14:58 - Dec 30 with 3982 viewsFrimleyBlue

Aaron Collins on 14:55 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

The poster has projected a result and stated it as a fact. I have projected some other postulated results. The fact you see that is fine for the poster I reply to but you think it is odd for me to do says more about you than anything.

It's like rain on your wedding day really.

Well in his/her defence. Its about the next game. Which tends to be discussed after a games been played. As KM says you look at each game as it comes. Not the ones that follow that. So I think it's appropriate for the next game to be discuss just like what lineup do people expect etc.. you don't see people suddenly sharing lineups about the next 4 games.

Waka waka eh eh

Aaron Collins on 16:16 - Dec 30 with 3820 viewsringwoodblue

Agreed, think we should do our best to get him but he’s on a long contract so won’t come cheap. £2m perhaps, I don’t know.

If he can help get us up, that investment would be paid back very quickly and if we don’t go up, he’s a very decent Lg1 striker.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Aaron Collins on 16:33 - Dec 30 with 3765 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Aaron Collins on 12:26 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

Course we can.

This is where you come unstuck a little.

You are genuinely suggesting spending £1.5-£2.5m of firefighters pension money on a player only to ship them out to loan next season when they've served their purpose.

Doesn't exactly seem the recipe for a happy camp does it? Nor does it seem a particularly good way to get a return on investment. If we are bringing in players this January it has to be players who we believe are good enough to play in the higher reaches of the Championship, otherwise we might as well just go and get Cole Stockton.

Aaron Collins on 16:41 - Dec 30 with 3719 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anyone who hasn't I encourage you to watch the highlights of Rovers game vs Exeter last night.

Aaron Collins was ridiculous. Directly involved in their 3 goals.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Aaron Collins on 16:49 - Dec 30 with 3657 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Aaron Collins on 16:41 - Dec 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

Anyone who hasn't I encourage you to watch the highlights of Rovers game vs Exeter last night.

Aaron Collins was ridiculous. Directly involved in their 3 goals.

I don't think anyone doubts he is a good player.

But he's gone from club to club to club in this league, if he can play at a higher level, why hasn't anyone come sniffing? If we are going for it this year, we need players who can make the step up, otherwise we'll have to do it all again when we do.

Aaron Collins on 16:53 - Dec 30 with 3617 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Aaron Collins on 16:49 - Dec 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think anyone doubts he is a good player.

But he's gone from club to club to club in this league, if he can play at a higher level, why hasn't anyone come sniffing? If we are going for it this year, we need players who can make the step up, otherwise we'll have to do it all again when we do.

Some players maintain a level of consistency through their careers some players have one breakout season and they go from there.Some players are one season wonders. I haven't watched enough of his career to tell you why,,

He's probably been the best player in the league this season, along with Cooper at Plymouth. He is a still a good age and has attributes that have consistently been improving. Im not saying we should sign him, nor do I think we will. But I do think hes the sort of player McKenna will be looking at.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Aaron Collins on 18:02 - Dec 30 with 3468 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Collins would be a good punt. He is direct, a good ball carrier and get's a lot of shots and crosses off. If there is one criticism of Harness and Aluko, it's that they don't test opposition goalkeepers enough. Collins scores a real variety of goals.
Aaron Collins on 18:34 - Dec 30 with 3379 viewsmidastouch

I would be very happy if we signed Collins, looks a cracking player at this level and may have the potential to play at a higher level too.

He looked a real handful again last night in their crazy 3-4 defeat to Exeter.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Aaron Collins on 18:54 - Dec 30 with 3308 viewsFrimleyBlue

Aaron Collins on 16:33 - Dec 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

This is where you come unstuck a little.

You are genuinely suggesting spending £1.5-£2.5m of firefighters pension money on a player only to ship them out to loan next season when they've served their purpose.

Doesn't exactly seem the recipe for a happy camp does it? Nor does it seem a particularly good way to get a return on investment. If we are bringing in players this January it has to be players who we believe are good enough to play in the higher reaches of the Championship, otherwise we might as well just go and get Cole Stockton.

If Stockton was the player to get us then go get him.

I Don't care what we do. Just get the players in that will get us promoted.
If that's spending 3 mill on Taylor. 2 on whittaker etc. Do it.
If its on jch go for it.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024