Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Hirst 20:59 - Apr 30 with 4656 viewspennblue

do we have a buy clause in his loan agreement?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

George Hirst on 21:00 - Apr 30 with 4101 viewsbazza

I hope so.🙏🏻
George Hirst on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 4054 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea, but he needs a home. He’s 24 so can’t keep doing the loan thing. It’s time to settle down at a club where he can grow and reach his potential. I can’t think of a better place for him than under McKenna, so hopefully he’ll be with us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

George Hirst on 21:09 - Apr 30 with 4043 viewsPhilTWTD

I asked at the time of the signing and was told nothing formally part of the deal.I'm sure it will be something Town will pursue this summer.
George Hirst on 21:23 - Apr 30 with 3906 viewsbazza

George Hirst on 21:09 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

I asked at the time of the signing and was told nothing formally part of the deal.I'm sure it will be something Town will pursue this summer.

I bet hirst wasn’t expecting the type of club on show when he joined, I think McKenna was saying he’s only seen those kinds of scenes at European and big premier league games, what a turnaround of the previous 20 years, truly is a club to be so proud to be a fan of again !!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 21:31]
George Hirst on 23:56 - Apr 30 with 3421 viewsBigCommon

George Hirst on 21:04 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

No idea, but he needs a home. He’s 24 so can’t keep doing the loan thing. It’s time to settle down at a club where he can grow and reach his potential. I can’t think of a better place for him than under McKenna, so hopefully he’ll be with us.

Similar situation to Walton, before he signed.....There comes a time when a player needs a home proper...He looks like he's enjoying his time here. Hard not to I guess?...... I mean, that goal at Barnsley, plus the win. And the 5k supporters there on a Tuesday night. There won't be many clubs out there than can give that to a player, outside of The Prem'.... Let's hope it happens.
George Hirst on 00:50 - May 1 with 3276 viewsPimsNumber1

Blackburn had a buy out deal in place with the loan ..but he never made an appearance for them.Not good enough i suppose ..he didnt look up to much when he first arrived so mc K has done wonders .
Would think we had a clause to buy if blackburn did ..why wouldnt we be treated the same as Blackburn ..its a sale for Leicester either way
George Hirst on 03:14 - May 1 with 3168 viewsStokieBlue

George Hirst on 00:50 - May 1 by PimsNumber1

Blackburn had a buy out deal in place with the loan ..but he never made an appearance for them.Not good enough i suppose ..he didnt look up to much when he first arrived so mc K has done wonders .
Would think we had a clause to buy if blackburn did ..why wouldnt we be treated the same as Blackburn ..its a sale for Leicester either way

Why would you say he never made an appearance for Blackburn?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

George Hirst on 06:37 - May 1 with 2951 viewswitchdoctor

bit unfair to say he didn’t look up to much at the start of his time here..yeah he took a while to get of the mark but he looked a really useful player from the off for me..really unlucky not to get off the mark on his debut at Oxford..
Login to get fewer ads

George Hirst on 06:41 - May 1 with 2941 viewsJeff_winger

He definitely played for them, he unfortunately missed a penalty for them as well.
George Hirst on 06:50 - May 1 with 2923 viewspennblue

George Hirst on 21:09 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

Will be interesting to see what happens for sure

I hope either way an agreement can be made early,
I don’t think another summer of speculation is good for
anyone

I am not sure the odds are in our favour still as i am guessing he has family up there, and in his generation he may perceive Leicester as a bigger club due to their success over the past 20 years

All i can remember is we always used to beat Leicester at filbert st

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

George Hirst on 07:56 - May 1 with 2750 viewsMark

I am wondering whether it is better for us if Leicester stay up (probably won't want Hirst in the Premier League) or come down (may need to sell players).
[Post edited 1 May 2023 11:02]
George Hirst on 07:57 - May 1 with 2739 viewstextbackup

Heard a little rumour that something has been agreed.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

George Hirst on 08:09 - May 1 with 2674 viewsDJR

Whilst the goals on Saturday haven't had much of a mention in all the excitement, I thought the timing of Hirst's run for his goal was top drawer.
George Hirst on 08:29 - May 1 with 2581 viewsKieran_Knows

George Hirst on 07:57 - May 1 by textbackup

Corrrr that would be class!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

George Hirst on 08:35 - May 1 with 2532 viewsBloomBlue

I would think it depends if Leicester are relegated, they've been short of money to buy players this season. They will sell Maddison, Tielemans , plus Vardy's last season it then depends on do they use transfer money to buy new players or utilise the larger squad. If they use the larger squad then you can only assume Hirst will be one of those players.

I do agree with other comments he needs a 'home', I would like to think Hirst has seen what Broadhead did, as he was in the same situation and choose to finally accept he also had to find a home and left Everton. Even better for him is that he will have a couple of games against Everton next season.
George Hirst on 08:38 - May 1 with 2497 viewsWickets

George Hirst on 08:09 - May 1 by DJR

Whilst the goals on Saturday haven't had much of a mention in all the excitement, I thought the timing of Hirst's run for his goal was top drawer.

Both Hirst and Broadhead did just great for the first goal too ,holding off defenders but that sort of team play that KM has installed rarely gets noticed .
George Hirst on 08:40 - May 1 with 2464 viewsbrogansnose

George Hirst on 23:56 - Apr 30 by BigCommon

Similar situation to Walton, before he signed.....There comes a time when a player needs a home proper...He looks like he's enjoying his time here. Hard not to I guess?...... I mean, that goal at Barnsley, plus the win. And the 5k supporters there on a Tuesday night. There won't be many clubs out there than can give that to a player, outside of The Prem'.... Let's hope it happens.

Hirst's face was a picture of 'Whoo 'kinell' when he looked up when the Blue Army chant as going on at Barnsley.
George Hirst on 08:54 - May 1 with 2365 viewsDJR

It's interesting because both Hirst and Luongo's initial comments when they came here were a bit non-committal, whereas now they seem completely committed to the cause. And who wouldn't be?

The other factor in all this is that there won't really be any much bigger clubs in the Championship for them to go to, unless a club like Leeds or Everton comes down.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 8:54]
George Hirst on 09:04 - May 1 with 2308 viewsPrideOfTheEast

George Hirst on 07:57 - May 1 by textbackup

Yep so did I. Would be unlike Ashton not to have done that - ie he was always likely to come here and score goals so would be a surprise if we were in a position where there’s now a big bump in price as a result.
George Hirst on 09:26 - May 1 with 2217 viewstractorboy1978

George Hirst on 08:54 - May 1 by DJR

It's interesting because both Hirst and Luongo's initial comments when they came here were a bit non-committal, whereas now they seem completely committed to the cause. And who wouldn't be?

The other factor in all this is that there won't really be any much bigger clubs in the Championship for them to go to, unless a club like Leeds or Everton comes down.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 8:54]

I think in both cases it's whether we want them rather than the other way around. Neither of them were getting a kick in the Championship 6 months ago. They won't have better options on the table this summer.
George Hirst on 09:29 - May 1 with 2201 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

George Hirst on 09:04 - May 1 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep so did I. Would be unlike Ashton not to have done that - ie he was always likely to come here and score goals so would be a surprise if we were in a position where there’s now a big bump in price as a result.

All these rumours really amount to are 'he might sign, but then he might not', which isn't really that helpful to anyone.

I'd have thought the biggest stumbling block will be his wages.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

George Hirst on 09:30 - May 1 with 2183 viewsDJR

George Hirst on 09:26 - May 1 by tractorboy1978

I think in both cases it's whether we want them rather than the other way around. Neither of them were getting a kick in the Championship 6 months ago. They won't have better options on the table this summer.

Very fair point.
George Hirst on 09:38 - May 1 with 2120 viewstextbackup

George Hirst on 09:29 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

All these rumours really amount to are 'he might sign, but then he might not', which isn't really that helpful to anyone.

I'd have thought the biggest stumbling block will be his wages.

Cheers

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

George Hirst on 11:00 - May 1 with 1970 viewsJakeITFC

George Hirst on 09:04 - May 1 by PrideOfTheEast

Also wonder if you can be cute and get it done in League One from an accounting perspective?
George Hirst on 11:04 - May 1 with 1936 viewsHipsterectomy

when can we start the celina rumours

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024