Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? 13:29 - Jul 24 with 2543 viewsBlueNomad

I won’t as I don’t want it to succeed or have any credibility.
Will anyone on here on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 2516 viewsSuperblue95

I won’t as it’ll be a crap league, same way as nobody took any notice of the Chinese league when they had their splurge a few years back

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Will anyone on here on 13:39 - Jul 24 with 2472 viewsIllinoisblue

I will not be watching that corrupt circus.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Will anyone on here on 13:48 - Jul 24 with 2438 viewstextbackup

I have zero interest in anything but Town when it comes to football if I’m honest. I’ll watch MOTD and the odd Super Sunday. But if it isn’t Town, I just don’t really care

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will anyone on here on 13:49 - Jul 24 with 2434 viewsElderGrizzly

Will anyone on here on 13:39 - Jul 24 by Illinoisblue

I will not be watching that corrupt circus.

We asked about the Saudi League, not the Premier League :)
Will anyone on here on 13:56 - Jul 24 with 2398 viewsKieran_Knows

Have Sky got the rights for it now? I know they showed a few Al-Nassr games from January onwards once Ronaldo went there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Will anyone on here on 13:57 - Jul 24 with 2387 viewsKentish_Tractor

I imagine it will get little to no interest across the whole of the Western world.

I imagine it will get the vast majority of its following across the Arab world and China where they don't really care about the teams but go gaga for the big names.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 13:58]

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Will anyone on here on 14:01 - Jul 24 with 2348 viewsjayessess

Didn't watch the last world cup, wouldn't watch this.

Not much of a sacrifice really, regardless of the quality of player they bring in. Enjoying football is only about 25% about admiring skill, 75% of it is about meaning. You watch your own team and the meaning is obvious. Watching football tournaments you're familiar with (Premier League, EFL, European competitions, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, international football), you get what it means to everyone involved, even if it's not your team.

Who's going to care who wins the Saudi PL?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:05 - Jul 24 with 2309 viewshoppy

No.

I rarely watch anything even from the English Premier League, and for the last few years, the Championship as little interest in it. Even less inclination to watch anything from the Saudi League.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:05 - Jul 24 with 2306 viewsthe_toff

I barely follow the premier league so sure as anything won't follow that
Will anyone on here on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 2282 viewsRozz

If the LIV golf saga of the last few years is anything to go by it's not really about creating a desirable or competitive product, it's about furthering influence in Western business. I don't expect it'll garner much interest, but it doesn't rely on a spectatorship as it's bankrolled by the PIF.
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:10 - Jul 24 with 2269 viewsgtsb1966

No. The atmosphere will be dreadful for a start. The crowd and atmosphere are an essential part of a televised game for me. Take that away and you lose so much.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 14:12]
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:12 - Jul 24 with 2258 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't guarantee I wouldn't watch the odd game but very unlikely.

I don't want to support it and the numbers put me off

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:24 - Jul 24 with 2208 viewsSE1blue

Nope.

If I wanted to watch soulless football, that has no history, being played in front of clueless supporters, I’d go to Carrow Road.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:27 - Jul 24 with 2160 viewsipswichtillidie

Certainly not. Without question once you’ve gone there you will be lost. Even the likes of Ronaldo who went there.. no one cares. They could buy up all the best players in the world year on year and the majority still wouldn’t watch it. There is too much generational history in other leagues for people to just start watching something else because some player decided to earn ridiculous money. People struggle to associate with it anyway. The only reason we tolerate it now in the Premiership is because we were all here before the money came.

Gav

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:43 - Jul 24 with 2082 viewsMookamoo

No. I barely drum up the enthusiasm to watch the Premier league let alone that nonsense
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 2057 viewsChurchman

No, I won’t be watching that. I hope it fails dismally.
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:51 - Jul 24 with 2044 viewssuffolkpoker

What if our owners buys a francise and calls it 'Inter Ipswich' and employs Clegg to run in?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:58 - Jul 24 with 2019 viewsGuthrum

Ipswich Town don't (currently) play in it, so no.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 15:23 - Jul 24 with 1964 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It doesn’t have the global appeal of the PL hence why the Saudis, Qataris et al are investing in England. The Saudi League might pull in a few regional viewers, but at no point will it ever overtake the PL and La Liga. The same way the Russian, Chinese and US Leagues never really took off internationally.

How many people in Latin America for example, are going to be tuning in to see Jordan Henderson’s dazzling skills. Japanese viewers tired of Pep’s lovely football can always switch over to watch Gerrard’s team hoofing it up the field I guess.
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 15:37 - Jul 24 with 1877 viewsRimsy

I will, can't wait to see all those superstars.

Not really. They can throw as much cash at it as they like, you can never compete against the history of the European leagues and all the famous trophies.

BlueBlood

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 15:58 - Jul 24 with 1821 viewsfloridablue

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:10 - Jul 24 by gtsb1966

No. The atmosphere will be dreadful for a start. The crowd and atmosphere are an essential part of a televised game for me. Take that away and you lose so much.

When i worked out there in the early 80s I went to one game in Jeddah to see the great Brazilian Rivelino, who had just signed for one of the teams. if my memory is correct, he scored a cracking free kick but cannot remember if it was for the home or away team!
Certainly a very strange atmosphere with nearly all the crowd dressed in their white robes and headwear adding to it. Glad I went though.
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 16:17 - Jul 24 with 1767 viewsjontysnut

Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 14:10 - Jul 24 by gtsb1966

Take away the politics of it all it just sounds like a desperately soulless exhibition league which will end up with bussed in 'fans' clapping excitedly at players who are only interested in the money. Any player claiming it's a new and exciting challenge will have me reaching for the sick bag. Go and watch non league instead.
Will anyone on here follow the Saudi League? on 17:06 - Jul 24 with 1681 viewstheinbetweener

Is this even a question?

Absolutely not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024