Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) 07:59 - Nov 3 with 9692 viewsITFCed

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:04 - Nov 3 with 4287 viewsgordon

Definitely! Leeds are surely going to be our main rivals - if they lose tomorrow they'll have dropped 15 more points than us!
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:06 - Nov 3 with 4266 viewsFixed_It

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:04 - Nov 3 by gordon

Definitely! Leeds are surely going to be our main rivals - if they lose tomorrow they'll have dropped 15 more points than us!

Two games in 2 days is a tough task. Who've they got tomorrow?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:07 - Nov 3 with 4257 viewstonybied

Indeed, couldn't care less what they do against any teams outside the top 6 but I want them to beat any teams inside the top 6 (not including us obviously!) to give us as much wiggle room as possible with a couple of tough months upcoming.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:09 - Nov 3 with 4226 viewsgordon

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:06 - Nov 3 by Fixed_It

Two games in 2 days is a tough task. Who've they got tomorrow?

Lol
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:10 - Nov 3 with 4201 viewsSitfcB

Oh yes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:16 - Nov 3 with 4165 viewsHerbivore

I don't get this. I'd much prefer a draw, gives us a chance to be level with Leicester on Tuesday night whilst still extending the gap to Leeds. I think a mindset that sees us wanting to chase the team above us is much more healthy than seeking to defend against those below us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:18 - Nov 3 with 4151 viewsRimsy

Nah, still not given up on catching Leicester. We've still got to play them twice. I always think that if your close competitors draw against each other they're not doing enough to catch up (or pull away).

Beat me to it Herbivore
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 8:20]

BlueBlood

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:24 - Nov 3 with 4069 viewsWeWereZombies

Not me, I'm for the ref. Show no tolerance, yellow card for any minor foul, abusive language, time wasting. Once each side is down to five players abandon the match and recommend points deductions all round.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:31 - Nov 3 with 4031 viewsorfordbuoy

Leiester is our ally
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:39 - Nov 3 with 3977 viewsTractorCam

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:16 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

I don't get this. I'd much prefer a draw, gives us a chance to be level with Leicester on Tuesday night whilst still extending the gap to Leeds. I think a mindset that sees us wanting to chase the team above us is much more healthy than seeking to defend against those below us.

Not quite the same scenario, but similar last year when people wanted Sheffield Wednesday to beat Barnsley as they were considered too far gone. Look how that turned out.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:42 - Nov 3 with 3960 viewsgordon

Just think we're much, much more likely to finish a point or two above or below Leeds - don't really think it's realistic to imagine we're competing with Leicester for the title!
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:45 - Nov 3 with 3935 viewstractorboy1978

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:39 - Nov 3 by TractorCam

Not quite the same scenario, but similar last year when people wanted Sheffield Wednesday to beat Barnsley as they were considered too far gone. Look how that turned out.

Yep. A draw means only 2 points dished out to our rivals whereas a win either way is 3 points. Draw means we can go level with Leicester if we beat Birmingham and Rotherham with our game in hand.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:52 - Nov 3 with 3900 viewsHerbivore

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:42 - Nov 3 by gordon

Just think we're much, much more likely to finish a point or two above or below Leeds - don't really think it's realistic to imagine we're competing with Leicester for the title!

The table says otherwise.

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:54 - Nov 3 with 3879 viewsDinDjarin

Draw for me, both teams drop points, we win tomorrow we gained another 2 on Leeds and 3 points behind Leicester with a game in hand.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:58 - Nov 3 with 3851 viewsBuhrer

I think a draw is the second best option, if our only goal is maintaining our automatic promotion spot. Surely points gained on any below is always best? Our mindset will be to win every game but Leicester beating our challengers is perfect for me.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:00 - Nov 3 with 3830 viewstractorboy1978

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:58 - Nov 3 by Buhrer

I think a draw is the second best option, if our only goal is maintaining our automatic promotion spot. Surely points gained on any below is always best? Our mindset will be to win every game but Leicester beating our challengers is perfect for me.

You'd rather be competing for two automatic spots than one though. Leicester are obviously a very good team but they are going to drop points and they aren't infallible. It took a worldy for them to beat 10 man QPR last week.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:01 - Nov 3 with 3829 viewsgordon

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 08:52 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

The table says otherwise.

The other aspect is that the difference between finishing 1st and 2nd in terms of the consequences for the club are insignificant, while the difference between finished 2nd and 3rd is enormous.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:02 - Nov 3 with 3817 views_clive_baker_

Yeah, Leicester are going to win the league whether they beat Leeds tonight or not, so I would be perfectly happy for them to run away with it and take points off all those around us.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:03 - Nov 3 with 3801 viewsHerbivore

Not for me. I want us to keep chasing Leicester and a crew means we can be level with them on Tuesday with a couple of good performances. Leeds would still drop 2 points on us and if we manage back to back away wins that would see us 14 points clear of them. I'd rather have the positive mindset of looking to be at the top than the negative mindset of trying not to drop to third.

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:06 - Nov 3 with 3785 viewsHerbivore

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:00 - Nov 3 by tractorboy1978

You'd rather be competing for two automatic spots than one though. Leicester are obviously a very good team but they are going to drop points and they aren't infallible. It took a worldy for them to beat 10 man QPR last week.

Indeed. Much like ourselves they've had lots of games where they've managed to come out on the right side of the fine margins, they aren't routinely blowing everyone away. In fact some of the underlying stats show we're slightly outperforming them, we have a better xG difference than they do. Leicester will very likely go up but I'd rather we are looking to compete with them than waving them off and panicking about the teams below us. It's a much healthier mindset, imo.

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:07 - Nov 3 with 3774 viewsHerbivore

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:01 - Nov 3 by gordon

The other aspect is that the difference between finishing 1st and 2nd in terms of the consequences for the club are insignificant, while the difference between finished 2nd and 3rd is enormous.

Best that we aim for first to give ourselves a buffer between us and third place in that case.

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:09 - Nov 3 with 3761 viewsPinewoodblue

Remember it is one game at a time, should we gain promotion it will be on merit. Leicester v Leeds is a game to enjoy as a neutral. Tomorrow’s game is the one that matters.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:10 - Nov 3 with 3761 viewsorfordbuoy

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:03 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Not for me. I want us to keep chasing Leicester and a crew means we can be level with them on Tuesday with a couple of good performances. Leeds would still drop 2 points on us and if we manage back to back away wins that would see us 14 points clear of them. I'd rather have the positive mindset of looking to be at the top than the negative mindset of trying not to drop to third.

This particular match means we can increase the crucial gap between 2nd and 3rd and strike a psychological blow at the same time. Leicester are free to lose to teams outside the top 6 - anytime.
We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:12 - Nov 3 with 3738 viewsHerbivore

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:10 - Nov 3 by orfordbuoy

This particular match means we can increase the crucial gap between 2nd and 3rd and strike a psychological blow at the same time. Leicester are free to lose to teams outside the top 6 - anytime.

We can increase the gap if it's a draw.

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:13 - Nov 3 with 3731 viewsorfordbuoy

We’re all Leicester tonight? (n/t) on 09:12 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

We can increase the gap if it's a draw.

But not maximise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024