Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore update 21:35 - Jan 23 with 12486 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

“Panic signings” on 08:52 - Jan 24 with 2618 viewsDyland

Kieffer Moore update on 22:39 - Jan 23 by pointofblue

My fear is we'll be left scrabbling around at the last minute and bring in panic signings - see Camara and Ahadme in September 2022.

FFS. Again.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kieffer Moore update on 08:57 - Jan 24 with 2580 viewstractorboy1978

Kieffer Moore update on 23:10 - Jan 23 by JakeITFC

I think it’s probably that it will take a few million + 2-3 years of £30k a week (at least) in order for it to happen - so that’s a lowball estimate of about £6m for a player who might not even be a starter for us come April.

As an expensive loan it makes some sense as it’s a needs must situation, but I’d be less keen on us mortgaging our future in order to sign Moore.

Bournemouth might want a permanent move but feels like a bit of a no-go to me. Leeds, Leicester and Southampton don't seem to be in the market for a striker and I don't think there's a lot of money (or rather FFP scope) knocking around outside of that for fees. Imagine it'll end up being a late loan move to whoever offers the biggest loan fee.
Kieffer Moore update on 09:05 - Jan 24 with 2513 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kieffer Moore update on 22:39 - Jan 23 by pointofblue

My fear is we'll be left scrabbling around at the last minute and bring in panic signings - see Camara and Ahadme in September 2022.

We don’t seem to have any problems getting in defenders, midfielders or wingers. But we’ve really struggled when it comes to strikers.

Couldn't get Hirst in the summer of 2022 and ended up with Ahadme on deadline day. Managed to get Hirst on Loan in the January of 2023 as he wasn’t getting any minutes. Then after signing him on a permanent in the summer of 2023 we couldn’t get any of the other striker targets in and brought in Scarlett at the last minute.

Is it because we require a certain type of striker and there aren’t that many of them around?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kieffer Moore update on 09:10 - Jan 24 with 2476 viewsvilanovablue

Kieffer Moore update on 00:31 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Thing is, both Camara and Ahadme were stymied by injuries. We never really got to find out how good they might have been. Both arrived with decent pedigrees, the former a lively midfielder for Plymouth, the latter having scored goals for Burton (and doing pretty well for Cambridge since, before getting injured again).

It wasn't quality which let them down, so much as fitness.

I was really excited by the Camara signing at the time and also surprised as many thought he'd end up in the Championship at the time. A real shame that injuries me never really got a chance to see what might have happened.
Kieffer Moore update on 09:19 - Jan 24 with 2384 viewsDennyx4

Kieffer Moore update on 06:53 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

Really?

I doubt he nor Spurs want to send him here again. Would be a strange move all round if that happened.

He's clearly a talent as played for England u21s but I'm not sure he's the answer.

Agree, that I don’t necessarily see him as the answer.

But, as he has played for us and Spurs this season, I don’t believe he can play for another club this season. Is he going to get more game time here, than at Spurs?

Think it may make more sense for Spurs and Scarlett, than it does for us.
Kieffer Moore update on 09:24 - Jan 24 with 2345 viewsITFC_Forever

Kieffer Moore update on 06:53 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

Really?

I doubt he nor Spurs want to send him here again. Would be a strange move all round if that happened.

He's clearly a talent as played for England u21s but I'm not sure he's the answer.

He can't go anywhere else... either stay at Spurs and not play, or come here and not play.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Kieffer Moore update on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 2327 viewsITFC_Forever

Kieffer Moore update on 09:05 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

We don’t seem to have any problems getting in defenders, midfielders or wingers. But we’ve really struggled when it comes to strikers.

Couldn't get Hirst in the summer of 2022 and ended up with Ahadme on deadline day. Managed to get Hirst on Loan in the January of 2023 as he wasn’t getting any minutes. Then after signing him on a permanent in the summer of 2023 we couldn’t get any of the other striker targets in and brought in Scarlett at the last minute.

Is it because we require a certain type of striker and there aren’t that many of them around?

Probably.

And because decent strikers cost a fortune and are very scarce.

Then when we're in a division where parachute clubs have ten times tbe budget we do, it's very hard.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Kieffer Moore update on 09:41 - Jan 24 with 2230 viewsrkc123

All the suggestions I have seen for strikers seem to have been familiar names, out of favour prem players, or trying to pry someone away from a fellow championship club. Does anyone think it possible we pull off something a bit left-field and bring someone in from a European club? I know Ashton said the club were looking to expand their scouting reach. If we bring in a previously unknown Dutchman I will consider promotion all but guaranteed.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore update on 11:57 - Jan 24 with 1995 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Kieffer Moore update on 08:57 - Jan 24 by tractorboy1978

Bournemouth might want a permanent move but feels like a bit of a no-go to me. Leeds, Leicester and Southampton don't seem to be in the market for a striker and I don't think there's a lot of money (or rather FFP scope) knocking around outside of that for fees. Imagine it'll end up being a late loan move to whoever offers the biggest loan fee.

Agreed.

Bournemouth are waiting to see if someone is desperate enough to pay a fee. If they don't have any movement by next Tuesday you'd imagine they'll be welcoming of a loan to take his wages off the books if they don't think he'll play. Getting £500k off the books is material for anyone, including teams in the PL.
Kieffer Moore update on 12:05 - Jan 24 with 1930 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieffer Moore update on 09:24 - Jan 24 by ITFC_Forever

He can't go anywhere else... either stay at Spurs and not play, or come here and not play.

He can go abroad though, overlapping seasons means he can play for a third club

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kieffer Moore update on 12:06 - Jan 24 with 1916 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieffer Moore update on 09:25 - Jan 24 by ITFC_Forever

Probably.

Then when we're in a division where parachute clubs have ten times tbe budget we do, it's very hard.

But apart from those 3 that just came down, how much of an advantage are other clubs having? All i keep reading is how clubs are having to sell to buy as close to FFP issues, and there's not been many high value sales going on...

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kieffer Moore update on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 1831 viewspointofblue

Kieffer Moore update on 09:25 - Jan 24 by ITFC_Forever

Probably.

We had this problem last season, when we were in League One and had a financial advantage. Then again, we were probably going “above and beyond” with our initial targets.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieffer Moore update on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 1734 viewsMeadowlark

Why do we think he's our saviour?

We've done OKish without Hirst, and although I agree we're a bit light up front, I don't think KM is the answer.
Kieffer Moore update on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 1640 viewsVegtablue

Kieffer Moore update on 12:06 - Jan 24 by FrimleyBlue

But apart from those 3 that just came down, how much of an advantage are other clubs having? All i keep reading is how clubs are having to sell to buy as close to FFP issues, and there's not been many high value sales going on...

Theoretically, they're able to continue paying the wages of players they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. Or they've managed to remove the high earners from the wage bill early and consequently have much greater spending power. Even better, they've sold these high earners for a significant transfer fee.

Realistically, a number of parachute clubs will be saddled with high earners that are no better than average Championship earners (or at least performing like it), which reduces or completely wastes their advantage. Three additional clubs currently enjoy parachute payments, with the other three in the cycle having since been promoted again. They are West Brom, Norwich and Watford.

Parachute clubs as of today: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th.

Correction: West Brom received two years of payments due to spending only one year in the PL, so this is their first season without.
[Post edited 24 Jan 17:15]
Kieffer Moore update on 13:09 - Jan 24 with 1610 viewsVegtablue

Kieffer Moore update on 12:44 - Jan 24 by Meadowlark

We've done OKish without Hirst, and although I agree we're a bit light up front, I don't think KM is the answer.

KM not the answer
Kieffer Moore update on 13:22 - Jan 24 with 1536 viewsblueoxford

Kieffer Moore update on 08:50 - Jan 24 by Simonds92

I guess if you're paying a monthly fee to get dud links you'd have to justify it, but I dont think he's any different to the online 'Tipsters' who get 1 winner out of however many bets they place, more by luck than judgement.

If you can find me any links he's given that have resulted in a signing, which aren't rehashes of other journalist's stories, maybe I'll start to be a believer!

The stats probably won’t bear me out on this, but Moore is a typical January transfer window signing. I’m sure he would do a job, but I whoever gets him will end up paying over the odds
Kieffer Moore update on 13:28 - Jan 24 with 1485 viewsStewart27

Kieffer Moore update on 12:44 - Jan 24 by Meadowlark

I’ve literally not seen one person refer to him as our saviour.
Kieffer Moore update on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 1357 viewsVegtablue

Kieffer Moore update on 13:07 - Jan 24 by Vegtablue

Theoretically, they're able to continue paying the wages of players they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. Or they've managed to remove the high earners from the wage bill early and consequently have much greater spending power. Even better, they've sold these high earners for a significant transfer fee.

Realistically, a number of parachute clubs will be saddled with high earners that are no better than average Championship earners (or at least performing like it), which reduces or completely wastes their advantage. Three additional clubs currently enjoy parachute payments, with the other three in the cycle having since been promoted again. They are West Brom, Norwich and Watford.

Parachute clubs as of today: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th.

Correction: West Brom received two years of payments due to spending only one year in the PL, so this is their first season without.
[Post edited 24 Jan 17:15]

Of the other clubs in the top 10:

6th Coventry: sold Gyökeres for €20M, Hamer for €17.3M in 23/24. Promoted from L1 in 19/20.

7th Hull: sold Lewis-Potter for €19M in 22/23. Philogene value: £**M. Promoted from L1 in 20/21.

10th Sunderland: sold Stewart for €9.3M in 23/24. Clarke value: £**M. Promoted from L1 in 21/22.

It's interesting that the four non-parachute clubs have all spent recent time in L1. They've all been able to reset the wage bill to some degree, with SCMP rules limiting wages to 60% of turnover (newly relegated Championship clubs are afforded some time to meet this requirement but must show progress).
Kieffer Moore update on 14:46 - Jan 24 with 1237 viewsWallingford_Boy

Kieffer Moore update on 21:54 - Jan 23 by pointofblue

I still expect Scarlett to come back, to be honest.

We sent him back, so don’t hold your breath!

RIP Sir Bobby

Kieffer Moore update on 14:58 - Jan 24 with 1169 viewsitfcjoe

Bournemouth can want a fee, but whether anyone is desperate enough to pay one is another matter

Personally I'd rather persist with Jackson and Broadhead than give Moore a 2.5 year contract on £25k a week because that will severely hamper us in the long term if he doesn't get us over the line.

I imagine when push comes to shove he'll end up going out on loan though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieffer Moore update on 15:01 - Jan 24 with 1140 viewsitfcjoe

Kieffer Moore update on 06:52 - Jan 24 by BuffaloBill

Agree, I even would go as far to say even chasing a game, we're not a lump it up there type team. Look at Mon as example - the goal cake from transition and overloading numbers.

We definitely don't need Moore as the main option.

Moore is a really good hold up player too, he'd get us up the pitch and build a platform to create the overloads from - he'd be an excellent signing for this season - but that's all we'd need him for

Kieffer Moore update on 15:04 - Jan 24 with 1092 viewsEuropablue

It's not even clear if Moore was ever a long-term option. He was a good option for a loan, but I'd assume we'd have to change our style of play to suit him. It might be good to score from headers from crosses though.
Kieffer Moore update on 15:04 - Jan 24 with 1089 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kieffer Moore update on 15:01 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

Moore is a really good hold up player too, he'd get us up the pitch and build a platform to create the overloads from - he'd be an excellent signing for this season - but that's all we'd need him for

James Norwood on a loan for the rest of the season?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kieffer Moore update on 15:09 - Jan 24 with 1027 viewsitfcjoe

Kieffer Moore update on 14:46 - Jan 24 by Wallingford_Boy

We sent him back, so don’t hold your breath!

Is that def the case, not really got to the bottom of it and been very little chat - my view would be we obviously weren't averse to him going back with how/when he did go back

Kieffer Moore update on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 971 viewsEuropablue

Kieffer Moore update on 00:31 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Thing is, both Camara and Ahadme were stymied by injuries. We never really got to find out how good they might have been. Both arrived with decent pedigrees, the former a lively midfielder for Plymouth, the latter having scored goals for Burton (and doing pretty well for Cambridge since, before getting injured again).

It wasn't quality which let them down, so much as fitness.

I suppose you could say that we had moved on by the time they were fit, but I still think if KM rated Camara that highly, he would have given him another chance.
The thing is, even great managers have a few duds, and even great players don't always get on well at certain clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024