Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure it’s been said 15:21 - Apr 16 with 4889 viewsDeepBlueSea

But Southampton play FOUR times before we next play a match. What odds that they will be above us by the time we kick of on evening of the 27th?

I can’t lie, it’s got me a little worried.
I’m sure it’s been said on 15:28 - Apr 16 with 3930 viewsHerbivore

You're right, it's been said.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:28 - Apr 16 with 3935 viewsIllinoisblue

Russell Martin’s smug celebratory face is the stuff of nightmares. They surely won’t win all 5, will they? Don’t expect much of PNE tonight, nor Cardiff Saturday. Gulp.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:39 - Apr 16 with 3838 viewsSitfcB

Want them to lose tonight and probably win the next 2

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:40 - Apr 16 with 3830 viewsWestSussexBlue

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:28 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Russell Martin’s smug celebratory face is the stuff of nightmares. They surely won’t win all 5, will they? Don’t expect much of PNE tonight, nor Cardiff Saturday. Gulp.

Preston won’t pose too many problems for them unfortunately, Cardiff on the other hand as we know are a tricky opponent. Four points from those two but failure to win at Leicester will effectively leave them Play off bound.
I’m sure it’s been said on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 3774 viewstractorboy1978

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:40 - Apr 16 by WestSussexBlue

Preston won’t pose too many problems for them unfortunately, Cardiff on the other hand as we know are a tricky opponent. Four points from those two but failure to win at Leicester will effectively leave them Play off bound.

This is the team that edged past Watford at the weekend with a dubious late winner. Preston are a horrible side to play.

I'm not in the camp of 'hope they win so they have something to play for against Leicester/Leeds'. We just need them killed off asap. They have motivation to end the season well to have momentum to take into the play offs anyway.
I’m sure it’s been said on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 3682 viewsStokieBlue

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:46 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

This is the team that edged past Watford at the weekend with a dubious late winner. Preston are a horrible side to play.

I'm not in the camp of 'hope they win so they have something to play for against Leicester/Leeds'. We just need them killed off asap. They have motivation to end the season well to have momentum to take into the play offs anyway.

Totally disagree.

We really want them to have something to play for against the other two and take some points of them.

Can you explain why we need them "killed off asap"?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 3619 viewsYppswyche

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:40 - Apr 16 by WestSussexBlue

Preston are 5th in the last-six form table, whilst Cardiff are 23rd.
I’m sure it’s been said on 16:03 - Apr 16 with 3576 viewsLeoMuff

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:59 - Apr 16 by Yppswyche

Preston are 5th in the last-six form table, whilst Cardiff are 23rd.

Indeed, I would say Preston would be the more tricky proposition, Cardiff were shocking against us until we completely run out of gas.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:06 - Apr 16 with 3562 viewstractorboy1978

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:54 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

Totally disagree.

We really want them to have something to play for against the other two and take some points of them.

SB

Do you really want them (and Leeds) still in the running on the final day of the season?

If Southampton win all their games and Leicester win all theirs bar Southampton then we are going to need 7 points - assuming Southampton don't overtake our GD, in which case we would need all 9. They are still a threat (albeit slightly distant at present).

I think the idea they are suddenly not going to bother trying once they are out of it a bit of a nonsense really.
[Post edited 16 Apr 16:33]
I’m sure it’s been said on 16:09 - Apr 16 with 3545 viewsbaxterbasics

Even if they win all 5 games - which they probably won't - finish with WWD and we should still be above them on GD. And if not, in this scenario Leeds and Leicester have both lost at least one game each.

My ideal final table:

Ips
Sou
Leeds
Leics
WBA
Nodge (ok, ideally they are not here at all, but will be nice to see them tonked out of the playoffs by any of the above)

WBA to sneak the win in the playoff final please.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:11 - Apr 16 with 3500 viewsJ2BLUE

Totally disagree.

SB

Agree.

They must be thinking they need to win all five to have a chance. If they drop 3-4 points over next two games they might start resting players.

Also, Martin is likely the type to think he would rather play us in the play offs than Leicester/Leeds so wouldn't be surprising to see him field weakened sides.

It's probably best they take 6/6 over next two games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:13 - Apr 16 with 3486 viewsportmanking

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:06 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

Do you really want them (and Leeds) still in the running on the final day of the season?

If Southampton win all their games and Leicester win all theirs bar Southampton then we are going to need 7 points - assuming Southampton don't overtake our GD, in which case we would need all 9. They are still a threat (albeit slightly distant at present).

I think the idea they are suddenly not going to bother trying once they are out of it a bit of a nonsense really.
[Post edited 16 Apr 16:33]

Yeah, I think 3 into 2 is obviously a much better ratio than 4 into 2.

It would need to be a desperate drop-off for Southampton to just 'stop trying' too i.e. losing to both Preston and Cardiff before Martin even considers resting players for the playoffs.

Draw/Lose tonight and beat Cardiff - enough to keep them on the hook for the Leicester game, I say.
I’m sure it’s been said on 16:18 - Apr 16 with 3433 viewstractorboy1978

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:13 - Apr 16 by portmanking

Yeah, I think 3 into 2 is obviously a much better ratio than 4 into 2.

It would need to be a desperate drop-off for Southampton to just 'stop trying' too i.e. losing to both Preston and Cardiff before Martin even considers resting players for the playoffs.

Draw/Lose tonight and beat Cardiff - enough to keep them on the hook for the Leicester game, I say.

I think you'd be mad to rest players for the play offs. There's a week between the end of the season and the play offs starting. You just want to end the season as strongly as possible and go into them with as much momentum/continuity as you can. Martin isn't going to suddenly give Armstrong, Downes, Adams, Harwood-Bellis etc a couple of games off.
I’m sure it’s been said on 16:25 - Apr 16 with 3332 viewsJ2BLUE

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:18 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

I think you'd be mad to rest players for the play offs. There's a week between the end of the season and the play offs starting. You just want to end the season as strongly as possible and go into them with as much momentum/continuity as you can. Martin isn't going to suddenly give Armstrong, Downes, Adams, Harwood-Bellis etc a couple of games off.

They could manage their minutes though. If you're someone like Downes you would probably ease off a bit as well. No point getting into a battle and going into the playoffs with a knock.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:51 - Apr 16 with 3168 viewstractorboy1978

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:25 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

They could manage their minutes though. If you're someone like Downes you would probably ease off a bit as well. No point getting into a battle and going into the playoffs with a knock.

Personally I don't see it.

I also think that this time next week, we could easily be seeing Southampton as a bigger threat to us than Leeds.
I’m sure it’s been said on 17:00 - Apr 16 with 3088 viewsGarv

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:03 - Apr 16 by LeoMuff

Indeed, I would say Preston would be the more tricky proposition, Cardiff were shocking against us until we completely run out of gas.

That's harsh, they could have easily scored in that first half. They looked handy and solid at the back.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I’m sure it’s been said on 17:54 - Apr 16 with 2852 viewsChurchman

Win our three games and the rest can do the third act of singing in the rain for all I care. No need to think about what we cannot control.

We can do this.
I’m sure it’s been said on 18:18 - Apr 16 with 2782 viewsLeistonBlue

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:09 - Apr 16 by baxterbasics

Even if they win all 5 games - which they probably won't - finish with WWD and we should still be above them on GD. And if not, in this scenario Leeds and Leicester have both lost at least one game each.

My ideal final table:

Ips
Sou
Leeds
Leics
WBA
Nodge (ok, ideally they are not here at all, but will be nice to see them tonked out of the playoffs by any of the above)

WBA to sneak the win in the playoff final please.

Disagree - surely we would want to go up with Leicester?? Given their off field issues and almost definite prem points deductions they would surely be guaranteed to go straight back down, thus one less relegation place for us to worry about..

I do realise I might be getting slightly ahead of myself though
I’m sure it’s been said on 18:24 - Apr 16 with 2752 viewsibbleobble

Totally disagree.

SB

To increase the odds of us making a top two place. PNE win tonight they have an outside chance of play-offs and still have Leicester to play. Southampton lose and they still have an outside chance of automatics to keep them interested. PNE win all the way tonight.
[Post edited 16 Apr 18:28]
I’m sure it’s been said on 18:28 - Apr 16 with 2738 viewsbazza

I’m sure it’s been said on 15:28 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

You're right, it's been said.

Pretty sure I’ve done every single possible scenario in my head, and I’m starting over again, because I can’t remember the first scenario. This is going to be mental Torture.
I’m sure it’s been said on 18:38 - Apr 16 with 2698 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m sure it’s been said on 18:18 - Apr 16 by LeistonBlue

Disagree - surely we would want to go up with Leicester?? Given their off field issues and almost definite prem points deductions they would surely be guaranteed to go straight back down, thus one less relegation place for us to worry about..

I do realise I might be getting slightly ahead of myself though

That’s a step too far from me. Promotion is the first and only goal; whatever comes next year we’ll deal with it then. Besides, who says we’ll be worrying about relegation if we go up? ;). And I’m only half joking. I think we’re in a much better place than those who went up last year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m sure it’s been said on 19:30 - Apr 16 with 2522 viewsGuthrum

But they will be at most four points ahead of us (having dented Leicester in the process), with just one left to play against our three. Southampton winning that would damage Leeds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m sure it’s been said on 21:48 - Apr 16 with 2190 viewsWestSussexBlue

I’m sure it’s been said on 16:03 - Apr 16 by LeoMuff

This hasn’t aged well?
I’m sure it’s been said on 21:55 - Apr 16 with 2143 viewsWeWereZombies

I’m sure it’s been said on 21:48 - Apr 16 by WestSussexBlue

This hasn’t aged well?

At least Preston got the door shut for the last hour.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I’m sure it’s been said on 21:56 - Apr 16 with 2135 viewsYppswyche

I’m sure it’s been said on 21:48 - Apr 16 by WestSussexBlue

This hasn’t aged well?

Wait til you see how many they stuff Cardiff by…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024