Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? 12:08 - Apr 28 with 4684 viewsSneakysquid

What’s everyone’s thoughts of players stepping up to the next level? it’s a big step!
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:13 - Apr 28 with 3238 viewsTheBoyBlue

No, but nobody does when they get promoted. Leicester will have to make additions and so will we if we went up.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 3215 viewsFrimleyBlue

No.

No disrepect to any town players. But the level isn't anything like league 1 to championship it's a whole new ball game.

Broadhead. Chappers etc have struggled many of times during this season.. that sort of consistency won't do us any good in the prem.

Hutchinson is as close to what prem quality we will need and he's a youngster with so much more to learn.

Davis.. maybe... defensively tho? Maybe not

But.... I didn't see this side being on 90 points with 2 games to go so I'm gonna say I'm wrong anyway.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:25 - Apr 28 with 3185 viewsJ2BLUE

No, but who does? Even Leicester would make 10 new signings.

Plenty of our squad would get a chance though and rightfully so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:25 - Apr 28 with 3179 viewsBlueOura

It's a massive step up and most of our best players will need to become our weakest players in the key positions. 7/8 very good players would need to arrive and a similar number leave imho.

Lets get there first though.
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 3166 viewsbournemouthblue

Currently no where near but that can be sorted

We'll recruit defensively and desperately need more legs in that midfield, we'll need a PL midfielder or two with an engine next to Morsy

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:32 - Apr 28 with 3111 viewspointofblue

If we can fight to the level Luton have this year, that would be a good season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:35 - Apr 28 with 3101 viewstextbackup

No.
We need 5/6 first teamers IMO.

But let’s get there then worry about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:39 - Apr 28 with 3074 viewspointofblue

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:35 - Apr 28 by textbackup

No.
We need 5/6 first teamers IMO.

But let’s get there then worry about it

We'd probably need a Forest style overhaul, which I'd personally hate considering what these players have done for us over the past couple of seasons.
[Post edited 28 Apr 12:39]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:40 - Apr 28 with 3057 viewsChurchman

No. But the body of these players have had earned a crack at it, should the miracle occur.

The team is better than the sum of its parts. I wouldn’t change too much. I’d add a goalkeeper, a forward to replace Moore and a full back. Possibly a defensive midfielder.
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:42 - Apr 28 with 3051 viewsRyorry

I’ll only be prepared to consider that question IF we get promoted.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:43 - Apr 28 with 3045 viewsStu_boy

No, we would need to add quality, i have no idea what the budget will be like but if we could add 4/5 quality additions even if we were relegated that could be sufficient to put us in a yoyo situation at a time when norwich would deteriorate until such time as we can start to stabilise in the prem. We are on a journey to with plenty of ups and downs to come
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:46 - Apr 28 with 3017 viewstextbackup

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:39 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

We'd probably need a Forest style overhaul, which I'd personally hate considering what these players have done for us over the past couple of seasons.

True, but standing still wouldn’t achieve anything.

Some of these players just aren’t athletic enough for the PL

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:46 - Apr 28 with 3015 viewsITFCBlues

Of course not. We'd probably come straight back down, but we'd be 150m better off and in a stronger position

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 2997 viewsITFCBlues

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:46 - Apr 28 by textbackup

True, but standing still wouldn’t achieve anything.

Some of these players just aren’t athletic enough for the PL

Pretty much spot on. You need strong, quick athletic players in the PL. We'd also need to change our system. We can't be going toe to toe with PL sides.

But even if we did come straight back down, the parachute payments give you such an advantage.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:00 - Apr 28 with 2931 viewsScuzzer

I believe yes if we can convert our loans into permanent.
Optimistic maybe but these players have got us to thos point for a reason. Because they are good players.

Established 1968

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:06 - Apr 28 with 2882 viewsbournemouthblue

I can't see us blazing £150 million on players

I think we'll be smarter than that, we definitely need legs in midfield though

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:08 - Apr 28 with 2872 viewsIllinoisblue

Obviously not. Will be a busy summer no matter what league we’re in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:09 - Apr 28 with 2872 viewsbournemouthblue

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:48 - Apr 28 by ITFCBlues

Pretty much spot on. You need strong, quick athletic players in the PL. We'd also need to change our system. We can't be going toe to toe with PL sides.

But even if we did come straight back down, the parachute payments give you such an advantage.

We need more pace on the counter along with engines in midfield I'd suggest

We will bring 2 or 3 PL defensive recruits but we really need to trade up across the squad with some canny project signings and more athleticism through out the squad

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:10 - Apr 28 with 2865 viewsmelonhead

I wouldn’t be confident with Wolfie ,Clark,Burgess starting in the premiership for us and i’m almost positive that Mckenna would feel the same way i feel the likes of Hirst,Morsey,Burns,Hutchinson,Davis,Moore,Sarrimento could all do a job for us.
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 2844 viewsbournemouthblue

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:10 - Apr 28 by melonhead

I wouldn’t be confident with Wolfie ,Clark,Burgess starting in the premiership for us and i’m almost positive that Mckenna would feel the same way i feel the likes of Hirst,Morsey,Burns,Hutchinson,Davis,Moore,Sarrimento could all do a job for us.

Harwood-Bellis has been linked, we'll clearly try and pick up players who can fit the style with a bit more quality

It would be great to get there and see what the plan is

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:18 - Apr 28 with 2816 viewsGarv

I think most of the squad could step up in some capacity and play a part. Remember we weren't all convinced the likes of Burns would even step up to the Championship - how stupid does that seem now?

We're a team, we don't often rely on individuals (we did a bit last night!)

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:44 - Apr 28 with 2693 viewsGuthrum

That much overhaul would risk destroying us. Retaining the core and well seasoned team cohesion are what's got us to the brink of promotion, just as much as clever tactics, style and approach.

We will need strengthening, more in some areas than others. But a completely new squad? Not for me.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 2648 viewscharlie1

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 13:12 - Apr 28 by bournemouthblue

Harwood-Bellis has been linked, we'll clearly try and pick up players who can fit the style with a bit more quality

It would be great to get there and see what the plan is

I know it’s only a minute sample size, but the Stoke forward just walked straight past him for their goal yesterday.
Barely an attempt at a tackle.

Might just be indicative of the general attitude around St Mary’s though.
Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 15:34 - Apr 28 with 2343 viewsMJallday

We should just sign some of leeds squad

Just to rub it in

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 16:26 - Apr 28 with 2179 viewsDublinBlue84

Premiership? Do we have a strong enough squad? on 12:15 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

No.

No disrepect to any town players. But the level isn't anything like league 1 to championship it's a whole new ball game.

Broadhead. Chappers etc have struggled many of times during this season.. that sort of consistency won't do us any good in the prem.

Hutchinson is as close to what prem quality we will need and he's a youngster with so much more to learn.

Davis.. maybe... defensively tho? Maybe not

But.... I didn't see this side being on 90 points with 2 games to go so I'm gonna say I'm wrong anyway.

Davis is absolutely good enough going forward to play in the Premiership.

However defensively he's not good enough and will get ripped to pieces. I think if you are going to play him in the Premiership it needs to be probably as a wing back with three central defenders to cover for his lack of defensive ability.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024