Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. 09:19 - Apr 29 with 6544 viewsWallingford_Boy

Suspensions and injuries….

Any tips on how I can go more than 10 seconds without thinking about this match?

RIP Sir Bobby

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:23 - Apr 29 with 4747 viewsBlueDouglas

I hear cryogenic freezing has come on a long way over the last few years
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:31 - Apr 29 with 4667 viewsSufferingCovFan

Some quick suggestions

1) Eat a dozen Jalapenos or 3 Chicken Vindaloos. Sport generally will be the last thing on your mind for a while.

2) Try and solve the Financial Times crossword. It'll melt your brain enough to stop cognizant thinking.

3) Watch Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves, the Directors Cut. So long, you'll be asleep before you get to understand the story. Ipswich will be temporarily forgotten.

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:42 - Apr 29 with 4564 viewsgainsboroughblue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:31 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

Some quick suggestions

1) Eat a dozen Jalapenos or 3 Chicken Vindaloos. Sport generally will be the last thing on your mind for a while.

2) Try and solve the Financial Times crossword. It'll melt your brain enough to stop cognizant thinking.

3) Watch Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves, the Directors Cut. So long, you'll be asleep before you get to understand the story. Ipswich will be temporarily forgotten.

Some excellent tips there.

I kind of want to go to sleep at night then wake up at the end of the month and read the news.

It may be recency bias but I don't recall this level of anxiety this time last year.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:47 - Apr 29 with 4520 viewswischip

Last week I realised I hadn't watched any Life's a Pitch episodes since December. I watched about 12 to get up to date. That killed some time.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:48 - Apr 29 with 4507 viewsRadlett_blue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:31 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

Some quick suggestions

But will we be dancing with the Wolves next season?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:49 - Apr 29 with 4501 viewsBrandonsBlues

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:42 - Apr 29 by gainsboroughblue

Some excellent tips there.

I kind of want to go to sleep at night then wake up at the end of the month and read the news.

It may be recency bias but I don't recall this level of anxiety this time last year.

There was different feel to getting out of the league last year. Last year was a please desperately get out of this league. This year is more OMG we could be in the prem.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:53 - Apr 29 with 4449 viewsgainsboroughblue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:49 - Apr 29 by BrandonsBlues

There was different feel to getting out of the league last year. Last year was a please desperately get out of this league. This year is more OMG we could be in the prem.

This is all on Mckenna and the players.

I'd have been happy with 10th-12th place but oh no, they have to go on a ridiculous run and sit 10 points ahead of third for much of the season, then tantalise us with draws towards the end when the gravity of the situation gets more real.

Teasing sods.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 10:06 - Apr 29 with 4335 viewstonybied

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:49 - Apr 29 by BrandonsBlues

Also, last year at this point we were almost indestructible. It seemed almost inevitable that we were going to go on and grab any chance we had. We are a lot more vulnerable this year, we're wobbling toward the finish line, but thankfully so are the other teams around us.
Login to get fewer ads

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:28 - Apr 29 with 3927 viewsBossy

Who are they missing exactly? How bare-bones is it? Missing both CB's? A LB/RB? Both?

This gives me great hope. I want a half empty stadium and the Cov players to not really give a damn. I worry about there being a load of Cov youngsters coming into the team and wanting to put in a stonking performance to impress the Cov coaching team.

In such a situation they should be easy to break though, if we score a goal or two first, heads will hopefully drop and they won't put in much of a fight.

Also, do Coventry hate Leeds? I'm looking for anything right now.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:30 - Apr 29 with 3911 viewsBlueNomad

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 10:06 - Apr 29 by tonybied

Also, last year at this point we were almost indestructible. It seemed almost inevitable that we were going to go on and grab any chance we had. We are a lot more vulnerable this year, we're wobbling toward the finish line, but thankfully so are the other teams around us.

I don't think we actually wobbled on Saturday - we played really well.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:35 - Apr 29 with 3863 viewsBossy

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:30 - Apr 29 by BlueNomad

Agreed, we didn't wobble at all. It was a great performance marred by a couple of mistakes. But if you're honest with yourself Hull misses a couple of sitters.

Hull are one of the better teams at the moment, not an easy win, especially with them needing something for the playoff chase.
[Post edited 29 Apr 12:36]
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:39 - Apr 29 with 3818 viewstonybied

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:30 - Apr 29 by BlueNomad

Oh don't get me wrong, I think we've played well in the last couple of matches and should have come away with more than a couple of points but results-wise we have wobbled. No wins in the last 4 is definitely a bit of a wobble if you're aiming for the top 2 at the business end of the season. Luckily no one has taken advantage as their results have been no better than ours.

I think we will have enough in the tank to get across the line, it would just calm me so much more if we could get the win tomorrow night to put proper breathing room between us and Leeds heading into the final day.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:52 - Apr 29 with 3703 viewsBobbychase

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:39 - Apr 29 by tonybied

Oh don't get me wrong, I think we've played well in the last couple of matches and should have come away with more than a couple of points but results-wise we have wobbled. No wins in the last 4 is definitely a bit of a wobble if you're aiming for the top 2 at the business end of the season. Luckily no one has taken advantage as their results have been no better than ours.

I think we will have enough in the tank to get across the line, it would just calm me so much more if we could get the win tomorrow night to put proper breathing room between us and Leeds heading into the final day.

If you want to see a wobble, see Leeds losing at home to Blackburn and getting thumped at QPR. We've tailed off results wise but we've kept picking up points.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:00 - Apr 29 with 3633 viewsBossy

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:52 - Apr 29 by Bobbychase

If you want to see a wobble, see Leeds losing at home to Blackburn and getting thumped at QPR. We've tailed off results wise but we've kept picking up points.

Agreed, and we have come incredibly close to winning some of those games, Leeds have totally bottled it and even Leicester were so close to not beating WBA. Admittedly they smashed Southampton.

And Leeds beat Middlesborough with a 2 yard offside goal.
[Post edited 29 Apr 16:36]
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 16:12 - Apr 29 with 3291 viewsRadlett_blue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:52 - Apr 29 by Bobbychase

And Leicester had a string of poor results in March & April, after being well clear. If the team comes out in the right frame of mind, we really shouldn't lose at Coventry & then we should be able to deal with relegated Huddersfield in front of a packed PR.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 16:24 - Apr 29 with 3226 viewsFreddy

4 regulars out plus 1 suspended, so will be a patched up team according to Cov fans
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 16:35 - Apr 29 with 3165 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:00 - Apr 29 by Bossy

Agreed, and we have come incredibly close to winning some of those games, Leeds have totally bottled it and even Leicester were so close to not beating WBA. Admittedly they smashed Southampton.

And Leeds beat Middlesborough with a 2 yard offside goal.
[Post edited 29 Apr 16:36]

Exactly, and in each of those three drawn games we've hit the goal frame and the ball rebounded out. Perhaps if we were a lucky team, some or all of those efforts may have gone in and we could potentially have an extra 2, 4 or 6 points - fine margins.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 16:38 - Apr 29 with 3129 viewsbaxterbasics

Imagine if our penultimate and final games will mirror last seasons.

0-6 v Coventry then an underwhelming but "who cares?!" draw Vs Hudders.

Difference being we won't know we are up already following Cov, so brown trousers to the final whistle. Unless we know Leeds are blowing it Vs Southampton.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 16:40 - Apr 29 with 3096 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

............ and if you want to take your mind off the match, try watching this video

(then again, perhaps not )
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 17:01 - Apr 29 with 2990 viewsyorkshireblue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:28 - Apr 29 by Bossy

Who are they missing exactly? How bare-bones is it? Missing both CB's? A LB/RB? Both?

This gives me great hope. I want a half empty stadium and the Cov players to not really give a damn. I worry about there being a load of Cov youngsters coming into the team and wanting to put in a stonking performance to impress the Cov coaching team.

In such a situation they should be easy to break though, if we score a goal or two first, heads will hopefully drop and they won't put in much of a fight.

I think Ben Sheaf is injured? Hopefully just doesn't want to play against his next employers.

And everyone hates Leeds.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 17:21 - Apr 29 with 2881 viewsFreddy

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 17:01 - Apr 29 by yorkshireblue

I think Ben Sheaf is injured? Hopefully just doesn't want to play against his next employers.

And everyone hates Leeds.

From their usual.starting eleven 1 is suspended, 2 cbs out, midfielder out and a full back ?
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 18:34 - Apr 29 with 2690 viewsSufferingCovFan

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 17:21 - Apr 29 by Freddy

From their usual.starting eleven 1 is suspended, 2 cbs out, midfielder out and a full back ?

1 CB suspended
1 backup CB injured
2 RW injured
1 DM (captain) borderline through injury (not confirmed yet)

Not sure which FB you're thinking about as our two LB are fit (but tired) and our RB is fit/tired.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 18:44 - Apr 29 with 2633 viewspointofblue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:28 - Apr 29 by Bossy

They're managed by a former Norwich player. Not sure what his feelings for them, therefore against us, are like.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 08:25 - Apr 30 with 2161 viewsFreddy

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 18:34 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

1 CB suspended
1 backup CB injured
2 RW injured
1 DM (captain) borderline through injury (not confirmed yet)

Not sure which FB you're thinking about as our two LB are fit (but tired) and our RB is fit/tired.

Thanks for update mate
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:09 - Apr 30 with 1944 viewsElderGrizzly

I can see it being another high scoring game.

Their front 3 (or 4) if they play Casey Palmer as well isn't going to be kept out by us for 90 minutes, so it will be down to us to get 3 i'd suggest to win?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024