Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. 09:19 - Apr 29 with 6906 viewsWallingford_Boy

Suspensions and injuries….

Any tips on how I can go more than 10 seconds without thinking about this match?

RIP Sir Bobby

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:15 - Apr 30 with 1867 viewspointofblue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:09 - Apr 30 by ElderGrizzly

I can see it being another high scoring game.

Their front 3 (or 4) if they play Casey Palmer as well isn't going to be kept out by us for 90 minutes, so it will be down to us to get 3 i'd suggest to win?

They didn't turn up at Blackburn. Have to hope it's the same tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:27 - Apr 30 with 1801 viewsitfctilidie

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 18:34 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

1 CB suspended
1 backup CB injured
2 RW injured
1 DM (captain) borderline through injury (not confirmed yet)

Not sure which FB you're thinking about as our two LB are fit (but tired) and our RB is fit/tired.

Predicted team from Coventry live - Brad Collins; Milan van Ewijk, Bobby Thomas, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell; Josh Eccles, Liam Kelly; Callum O’Hare, Kasey Palmer, Haji Wright; Ellis Simms.

Dangerous looking attack but a midfield we can hopefully control and a defence we can certainly get at. Come on Town
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 10:03 - Apr 30 with 1718 viewsSomethingBlue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:27 - Apr 30 by itfctilidie

Predicted team from Coventry live - Brad Collins; Milan van Ewijk, Bobby Thomas, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell; Josh Eccles, Liam Kelly; Callum O’Hare, Kasey Palmer, Haji Wright; Ellis Simms.

Dangerous looking attack but a midfield we can hopefully control and a defence we can certainly get at. Come on Town

Really good front four and a lot might depend on whether Sheaf is around to pin things together behind them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 10:23 - Apr 30 with 1637 viewsRyorry

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 10:03 - Apr 30 by SomethingBlue

Really good front four and a lot might depend on whether Sheaf is around to pin things together behind them.

Anyone amongst us who could do the 'Hustle' trick of swiping a security badge & getting into the home dressing room to inject some laxative into their water bottles? 🙏

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:08 - Apr 30 with 1547 viewsVegtablue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:27 - Apr 30 by itfctilidie

Latibeaudiere seems to be their Mr Versatile: began the season as first choice CB but has since also filled in at RB and DM. He's started two-thirds of their games so doesn't appear to be a clear weakness, albeit Kitching has more often claimed the CB slot as the season's unfolded. Bidwell/Dasilva are our Axel/Clarke but on the left side, while Collins, van Ewijk, Thomas and Eccles are all first choice in their positions.

The only player obviously out of place in a normal Coventry lineup is Kelly in CM. A full strength team would have Sheaf, no doubt, and maybe Sakamoto too, but this prediction from Coventry Live really isn't far off. If we gain a peculiar advantage tonight it will be in their fitness levels and bench options, rather than the names in their XI.

Thankfully we're not reliant on them helping our cause tonight, but I am bracing myself for another heartstopper.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:18 - Apr 30 with 1509 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:08 - Apr 30 by Vegtablue

Latibeaudiere seems to be their Mr Versatile: began the season as first choice CB but has since also filled in at RB and DM. He's started two-thirds of their games so doesn't appear to be a clear weakness, albeit Kitching has more often claimed the CB slot as the season's unfolded. Bidwell/Dasilva are our Axel/Clarke but on the left side, while Collins, van Ewijk, Thomas and Eccles are all first choice in their positions.

The only player obviously out of place in a normal Coventry lineup is Kelly in CM. A full strength team would have Sheaf, no doubt, and maybe Sakamoto too, but this prediction from Coventry Live really isn't far off. If we gain a peculiar advantage tonight it will be in their fitness levels and bench options, rather than the names in their XI.

Thankfully we're not reliant on them helping our cause tonight, but I am bracing myself for another heartstopper.

I can't see it being anywhere near as comfortable as some of us think. Leicester have shown how to do it when it counts but it's rare we easily see a team off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:21 - Apr 30 with 1480 viewsVegtablue

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:18 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

I can't see it being anywhere near as comfortable as some of us think. Leicester have shown how to do it when it counts but it's rare we easily see a team off.

This is the way 🫣
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:23 - Apr 30 with 1456 viewstractorboy1978

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:08 - Apr 30 by Vegtablue

I just think that whatever anyone says, without anything to play for we will have more intensity than them tonight. Hull had something to play for at 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 down. Coventry don't. And our legs will count as the game goes on too.
Login to get fewer ads

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:49 - Apr 30 with 1373 viewsBobbychase

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:23 - Apr 30 by tractorboy1978

I just think that whatever anyone says, without anything to play for we will have more intensity than them tonight. Hull had something to play for at 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 down. Coventry don't. And our legs will count as the game goes on too.

Exactly - the last 20 minutes should be our time. I doubt any of their main men will have a whole game in their legs, even if they start. Things feel like they are falling into place for us with Hirst and Burns back and almost all our key players fully fit.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:54 - Apr 30 with 1346 viewsbaxterbasics

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:49 - Apr 30 by Bobbychase

Exactly - the last 20 minutes should be our time. I doubt any of their main men will have a whole game in their legs, even if they start. Things feel like they are falling into place for us with Hirst and Burns back and almost all our key players fully fit.

For a change can the *first* 20 mins please be our time tonight? Couple of early goals then Cov just crumple into token efforts.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:29 - Apr 30 with 1254 viewsRyorry

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 11:23 - Apr 30 by tractorboy1978

Teams with all the pressure off, and the freedom to go out there, express and enjoy themselves in front of their fans, are bloody dangerous imho, esp when kids keen to prove themselves might be chucked in.

I'd rather face a team under pressure with the nerves transmitting to their legs, leading to skewed shots & silly mistakes , than a team with nothing to lose.

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:37 - Apr 30 with 1217 viewspointofblue

Coventry pushed Hull all the way and only lost to a late goal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:42 - Apr 30 with 1206 viewstractorboy1978

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:37 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Coventry pushed Hull all the way and only lost to a late goal.

That was when they had something to play for and 180 less minutes of a punishing fixture schedule in their legs. To be clear, I don't expect them to roll over but it's a perfect fixture for us at this point in time. They are the most tired team in the league right now.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:45 - Apr 30 with 1181 viewsBobbychase

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:42 - Apr 30 by tractorboy1978

That was when they had something to play for and 180 less minutes of a punishing fixture schedule in their legs. To be clear, I don't expect them to roll over but it's a perfect fixture for us at this point in time. They are the most tired team in the league right now.

That's what I was thinking. It was their second game in a run of four in 10 days, and they had something to aim for. Since then their play off chances have gone and they had a tricky away game which they had to play some of with 10 men.

Quite like Cov, and if there was any justice they'd be looking forward to an FA Cup final. But just get the job done Town.

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:48 - Apr 30 with 1164 viewsitfctilidie

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:29 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

Teams with all the pressure off, and the freedom to go out there, express and enjoy themselves in front of their fans, are bloody dangerous imho, esp when kids keen to prove themselves might be chucked in.

I'd rather face a team under pressure with the nerves transmitting to their legs, leading to skewed shots & silly mistakes , than a team with nothing to lose.

Really need to come flying out the blocks and not let them settle into it. The longer it goes on and they are in it the more they will fancy it
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:03 - Apr 30 with 1097 viewsBobbychase

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:48 - Apr 30 by itfctilidie

Really need to come flying out the blocks and not let them settle into it. The longer it goes on and they are in it the more they will fancy it

Good start definitely needed.

But you also fancy they will not have their strongest team on the pitch at the end due to subs/weariness etc

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:41 - Apr 30 with 1019 viewsBent_double

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:03 - Apr 30 by Bobbychase

Good start definitely needed.

But you also fancy they will not have their strongest team on the pitch at the end due to subs/weariness etc

I'm trying not to worry about this, but the way Coventry came back late in the games against Wolves and Man U scares me.

Obviously there is nothing at stake for them tonight, so if we are 3-0 up with 15 mins to go, they'll just accept the defeat this time

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:46 - Apr 30 with 1009 viewsBobbychase

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 13:41 - Apr 30 by Bent_double

I'm trying not to worry about this, but the way Coventry came back late in the games against Wolves and Man U scares me.

Obviously there is nothing at stake for them tonight, so if we are 3-0 up with 15 mins to go, they'll just accept the defeat this time

They have had impressive resilience this season it's true. But whatever people say about still wanting to put in professional performance etc, there is a reason Preston lost 3-0 last night and we battered Exeter 6-0 last season. Not having anything to play for takes an edge off sometimes. Not every time, but sometimes

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 956 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I think people are stressing themselves out by making Coventry into world-beaters. They had a decent cup run, but their league form is pretty woeful (16th over the last 12 games). I don’t think we need to disrespect them as a walkover because they have good individuals, but they’ve hardly set the world alight in the league.

It will be tough as there are no easy Championship games, but it’s not like they have some undefeated home record, or an impenetrable defence. A winnable game so long as we keep our concentration and cut out the mistakes.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:07 - Apr 30 with 926 viewsitfcjoe

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 12:29 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

The evidence wouldn't back that up though, it's why teams with something to play for always end up as much shorter odds than you'd expect as the money piles in on them from the big players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:43 - Apr 30 with 828 viewsRyorry

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:00 - Apr 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I think people are stressing themselves out by making Coventry into world-beaters. They had a decent cup run, but their league form is pretty woeful (16th over the last 12 games). I don’t think we need to disrespect them as a walkover because they have good individuals, but they’ve hardly set the world alight in the league.

It will be tough as there are no easy Championship games, but it’s not like they have some undefeated home record, or an impenetrable defence. A winnable game so long as we keep our concentration and cut out the mistakes.

And have a ref. as good as Saturday's (or at least not an incompetent or a homer).

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:45 - Apr 30 with 821 viewsRyorry

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:07 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

The evidence wouldn't back that up though, it's why teams with something to play for always end up as much shorter odds than you'd expect as the money piles in on them from the big players

Bookies odds don't matter.

I wonder what the odds were of leeds losing 0-4.

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 15:01 - Apr 30 with 755 viewsITFCBlues

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 14:45 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

Bookies odds don't matter.

I wonder what the odds were of leeds losing 0-4.

QPR had something to play for though...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 16:35 - Apr 30 with 638 viewsquad

I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 09:48 - Apr 29 by Radlett_blue

But will we be dancing with the Wolves next season?

Yes. And we will be dancing with the foxes this season.

There will also be remakes of Silence of the Lambs which will be called Silence of the Budgies and Silence of the Peacocks.
I see Cov are down to the bare bones defensively tomorrow night.. on 18:13 - Apr 30 with 492 viewsskinnybob72

I went to Preston the week after we were relegated from the Championship thinking that now that the pressure was off, i.e. relegation was confirmed, that we would put in a decent performance. I'm fairly sure Preston were also on a really poor run of form as well. We got hosed 4-0 and were lucky it wasn't more.

Hoping Coventry put in that kind of performance!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024