Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton 10:19 - May 1 with 2482 viewstextbackup

We really do owe him everything don’t we.

His stock (Ashtons) must be the highest it’s ever been, can CEOs be poached?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:24 - May 1 with 2121 viewsBlueBadger

He's so popular at Bristol City they named their ground after him....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:24 - May 1 with 2127 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was, and it was great that we got him before anyone else did.

But I suspect he was on a lot of clubs' radars and would have been actively looking for his management role. He wasnt plucked from obscurity.

He was assistant manager at Man Utd until about 4 weeks before we appointed him, so the timing of Solskjaers sacking was very fortuitous to us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:27 - May 1 with 2085 viewshomer_123

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:24 - May 1 by BlueBadger

You do wonder what they make of this!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:28 - May 1 with 2075 viewsGuthrum

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:27 - May 1 by homer_123

You do wonder what they make of this!

Wonder if the OTIB thread is still going?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:30 - May 1 with 2062 viewsGuthrum

'... can CEOs be poached?' - I think that's what we effectively did. Another top decision from the owners.

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:32 - May 1 with 2044 viewshomer_123

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:28 - May 1 by Guthrum

Wonder if the OTIB thread is still going?

https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-edition/page/89/

This one?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:36 - May 1 with 2015 viewsnrb1985

I thought about this a lot last few days in the context of the Evans era.

He must look at what's happening now and rue not getting a proper CEO/Ashton type in from the off?

We had a huge financial advantage then and it was spaffed up the wall by some horrendous off field appointments and a lot of ensuing poor transfer business.
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:41 - May 1 with 1968 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:36 - May 1 by nrb1985

He must look at what's happening now and rue not getting a proper CEO/Ashton type in from the off?

We had a huge financial advantage then and it was spaffed up the wall by some horrendous off field appointments and a lot of ensuing poor transfer business.

Simon Clegg, probably the worst decision ME made.

A bit of a sliding doors moment.

Literally knew nothing about football.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:41 - May 1 with 1957 viewsEdwardStone

CEOs can be poached....

Usually after they have been grilled by the Owners

They can be steaming after a poor spell and maybe even flambeed

But the are best served by the raw of an appreciative crowd
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:43 - May 1 with 1929 viewsSitfcB

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:32 - May 1 by homer_123

https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-edition/page/89/

This one?

Ho Ho Ho.

Pretty sure that Fevs must’ve walked in on Ashton rogering his wife or something

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:44 - May 1 with 1920 viewsle2blue

They can, but he and his team are well and truly locked in and stand to make some serious dollars from their long-term incentive plan. Build the value in the club, attract more investors or a buyout, and he cashes out big time. Will be fully deserved as well.
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:45 - May 1 with 1896 viewsnrb1985

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:41 - May 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

this
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:06 - May 1 with 1731 viewstextbackup

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:30 - May 1 by Guthrum

'... can CEOs be poached?' - I think that's what we effectively did. Another top decision from the owners.

I wasn’t sure if he was out of contract, or if that was even a thing?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:08 - May 1 with 1710 viewsJackSted

Makes it even funnier when you read this thread on Brizzles forum: https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-edition/page/88/

It's backfired massively on them hasn't it
[Post edited 1 May 11:08]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:13 - May 1 with 1644 viewsGuthrum

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:36 - May 1 by nrb1985

I think it was less about which Chief Exec he appointed as an altogether different, more old fashioned philosophy, whereby the Manager used to run everything, including all transfer dealings and a fair bit of the admin.

As a concept, it worked ok in the era of Sir Bobby. But football is far more tightly organised and analysed than back then, the workload is greater than most candidates can handle. Especially as they haven't been trained that way any more. On top of that, Roy Keane was not the man for such a situation (that was pure Evans, Clegg was only appointed a day or two before). McCarthy at that stage would have turned out much better, IMO.

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:18 - May 1 with 1591 viewsGuthrum

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:06 - May 1 by textbackup

I wasn’t sure if he was out of contract, or if that was even a thing?!

Bearing in mind he'd worked with O'Leary before, I'm convinced it was more than opportunism. Indeed, suspect he may have been in on the planning for the Gamechanger20 project from an early stage.

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:19 - May 1 with 1569 viewslongtimefan

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:41 - May 1 by EdwardStone

CEOs can be poached....

Usually after they have been grilled by the Owners

They can be steaming after a poor spell and maybe even flambeed

But the are best served by the raw of an appreciative crowd

Think you might get roasted for that
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:25 - May 1 with 1513 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:41 - May 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Do you think Clegg was appointed for his football knowledge, or just three years before the London Olympics, for his access to Olympic hospitality and tickets?

Call me cynical.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:43 - May 1 with 1399 viewsRadlett_blue

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 10:24 - May 1 by BlueBadger

CEOs are convenient whipping boys when things aren't going well on the pitch. Bristol City declined after Stephen Lansdown started putting in less money. Simon Clegg was used as an air raid shelter when Keane was making a mess of things at Town. We, as fans, probably see 1% of the things a CEO does so we aren't in a place to judge them.
I'm glad Ashton stopped his pitch side fist pumping, though.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 12:22 - May 1 with 1255 viewsSamWhiteUK

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 11:08 - May 1 by JackSted

Makes it even funnier when you read this thread on Brizzles forum: https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-edition/page/88/

It's backfired massively on them hasn't it
[Post edited 1 May 11:08]

I selected a random page of the forum and there was a comment about our loss at Preston which apparently was made up of "three amazing goals [...] all the mark of extreme arrogance without the ability at the back"

One was offside, and one was a blatant foul. I'm tempted to sign up for that forum if we go up and give a few of them both barrels
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 12:55 - May 1 with 1118 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't someone on Sky sports say last night that he'd been monitoring KM for 18 months before we offered Kieran the job? That would mean Aston was at least monitoring (and possibly in touch with) KM for at leat 8 or 9 months before he left Bristol. Certainly our gain.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 13:14 - May 1 with 1040 viewsRadlett_blue

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 12:55 - May 1 by Swansea_Blue

Didn't someone on Sky sports say last night that he'd been monitoring KM for 18 months before we offered Kieran the job? That would mean Aston was at least monitoring (and possibly in touch with) KM for at leat 8 or 9 months before he left Bristol. Certainly our gain.

We'll never know the full story, but McKenna had clearly been targeted by Town, rather than us interviewing the usual Holloway/FatSam/Pardew types so whoever found & selected him either did a brilliant job or else lucked out. I think the reaction of most of us when he was appointed was "Who?" but he seems exceptional. Let's hope promotion means that we hang onto him for a little longer! He's an ambitious guy so he will get some PL experience.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 13:28 - May 1 with 977 viewsBlueBadger

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 12:55 - May 1 by Swansea_Blue

PLEASE can someone add that in to the BCFC meg thread?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 13:32 - May 1 with 958 viewsLeaky

Wasn't Clegg involved with the London Olympics, how does ME's business make its money?
If the appointment of KM was fully down to Ashton on 13:33 - May 1 with 952 viewsZx1988

I met Martyn Pert on a professional matter about a month before the takeover went through - during the period where the rumours were bubbling away, and at about the point where the main rumour was that it had all died a death.

We got chatting football, and the subject of Ipswich came up. He certainly seemed to know a lot more about what was going on than an unconnected Man Utd coach should have known, and told me that, as far as he was aware, the fall-through rumours were well wide of the mark.

That would suggest to me that he and McKenna were probably involved in discussions from the off.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024