Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Rosenior sacked 13:52 - May 7 with 5375 viewsitfcjoe

According to Talksport

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:32 - May 7 with 1203 viewsitfcjoe

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:27 - May 7 by ElderGrizzly

Have they given the resources teams above them have though?

We are very much an exception this season, but one built on stability

If you spend what they did in January, on short term players, then 28 points from 18 games, including 11 from 9 home games, isn't good enough.

I always thought it would go this way, because I could never see the sense in spending all that to chase 1 play off spot as the top 5 looked gone, and there was 4 clearly superior teams in the league, 2 of which would be in the play offs and likely win them.

I can't imagine it was his choice to recruit like that in January, but once they had, it basically meant promotion was only acceptable outcome.

They are in a big FFP hole now as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:32 - May 7 with 1192 viewsfooters

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:04 - May 7 by textbackup

Finished 7th with an expensive squad.

Typical of some owners these days, no patients.

Probably looked at us and went ‘they’ve spent less we should be there’

That's not a problem GPs have right now.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:33 - May 7 with 1176 viewsBellevue_Blue

They spent €11.65m according to trasnfermrkt which is the second highest net spend behind Stoke. That also wouldn't include the 5/6 Premier League loans who would not have come cheap.

Spend vs League table comparison here - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferausgabentabellenplatz/wettb
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:34 - May 7 with 1173 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess his remit after the January backing was to make the play offs.

But personally, I wouldnt've sacked him.

Would be an ideal appointment for a US owned League 1 club such as Birmingham or Huddersfield. (Although hopefully Mogga will be back to health to take the reigns at Birmingham again soon).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:34 - May 7 with 1167 viewswkj

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:32 - May 7 by footers

That's not a problem GPs have right now.

Bit of a issue if the goal is shiping em in, no one likes a Shipman

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:34 - May 7 with 1168 viewsKev_W

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:32 - May 7 by itfcjoe

If you spend what they did in January, on short term players, then 28 points from 18 games, including 11 from 9 home games, isn't good enough.

I always thought it would go this way, because I could never see the sense in spending all that to chase 1 play off spot as the top 5 looked gone, and there was 4 clearly superior teams in the league, 2 of which would be in the play offs and likely win them.

I can't imagine it was his choice to recruit like that in January, but once they had, it basically meant promotion was only acceptable outcome.

Agreed. Whilst they had some very good loanees it felt like Rosenior struggled to integrate them into a coherent team at times. They seeemd to dilute how he set out to play early in the season.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:37 - May 7 with 1147 viewsReusersTown

From the outside I would say they're definitely comparable to Norwich and West Brom. Gotta be a certain level of expectation when he's been provided with noth Philogene and Carvalho. I personally wouldn't have sacked him though.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:54 - May 7 with 1053 viewstractorshark

Seems very harsh. In the top three for Championship manager of the season and had to mould a much-changed squad together.
I’m sure they would have been in the mix next season in what would appear to be a weaker division.
Hull have got the look of a club who could fall foul of FFP down the line.
So glad our owners and chief executive have built the foundations for long term success rather than chasing instant returns.
I know they’ve achieved the Prem in three seasons but it’s quite clear that wasn’t the expectation and we’re going up with our eyes wide open.
Ashton and Gamechanger have massively impressed on that score and the love the club is getting from all over the country is not just down to McKenna and the players.
We really do have our club back.
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:56 - May 7 with 1046 viewsElderGrizzly

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:32 - May 7 by itfcjoe

Your penultimate point there is it for me "I can't imagine it was his choice to recruit like that"

Maybe he knew what he signed up for with the owners and that approach, but having a chance to build on 7th with a style and players you had introduced, rather than tear it up and start again appears illogical.

Anyway, not our problem anymore :)
Liam Rosenior sacked on 15:12 - May 7 with 970 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Maybe they've heard that Rooney is still avaliable and they want to get in quick...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 15:13 - May 7 with 970 viewsDanTheMan

Most of the Hull fans don't seem happy with it which is usually a good barometer as to whether he really should have been given a bit more time.

Feels harsh to me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Liam Rosenior sacked on 15:37 - May 7 with 883 viewsdavblue

Liam Rosenior sacked on 14:13 - May 7 by PhilTWTD

I wonder whether he'll end up at Plymouth, I heard a whisper they wanted him when the vacancy came up previously, but perhaps he'll have his sights set higher.

that would be a good move for him, he would get time, the club is reasonably well run. Last thing he needs now is a trigger happy club.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 15:58 - May 7 with 816 viewshype313

I wonder whether he'll end up at Plymouth, I heard a whisper they wanted him when the vacancy came up previously, but perhaps he'll have his sights set higher.

Farke isn't well thought of by the Leeds fans, wonder if they fall short in the PO's, Rosenier would be someone they might take.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Liam Rosenior sacked on 16:00 - May 7 with 811 viewsPhilTWTD

Liam Rosenior sacked on 15:58 - May 7 by hype313

Farke isn't well thought of by the Leeds fans, wonder if they fall short in the PO's, Rosenier would be someone they might take.

Possible. I think if Farke or Russell Martin fail in the play-offs they're out.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 16:04 - May 7 with 767 viewssoupytwist

Liam Rosenior sacked on 16:00 - May 7 by PhilTWTD

At least one of them will.
There's an argument Hull underacheived last season on 16:08 - May 7 with 738 viewsRadlett_blue

There's an argument Hull underacheived last season on 13:55 - May 7 by Dyland

Not a very strong one, but an argument nonetheless. Saying that, it's moronic not giving Rosenior a fair old crack at the whip unless they have someone even better lined up.

Wayne Rooney is now available...

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 17:41 - May 7 with 596 viewsJamestownPrince

He still lives in Ilkeston, my good friend teaches his kids.... when he was at Derby it was Rosenior sorting out the coaching and tactics, not Rooney...
Liam Rosenior sacked on 18:57 - May 7 with 529 viewsyorkshireblue

Rohl seems a good fit at Southampton for me.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:13 - May 7 with 497 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sunderland ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:33 - May 7 with 463 viewsstrikalite

Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:13 - May 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Sunderland ?

He'll have a choice of Clubs I'm sure...

I know it's a results business but he had them playing some great football, thought they were superb against us..
Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:35 - May 7 with 455 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:33 - May 7 by strikalite

He'll have a choice of Clubs I'm sure...

I know it's a results business but he had them playing some great football, thought they were superb against us..

They were good vs us.

I also know Hull fans who have been less than enamoured with his play style at times, feeling as though he was often bailed out by his star players, of which there are many.

But at the same time, Hull appointed a rookie manager. if that is what you are going to do, you have to give them time to learn.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:35 - May 7 with 453 viewsMK1

Terrible treatment from the owners. Maybe they are following the Watford way to success.
Liam Rosenior sacked on 19:49 - May 7 with 431 viewsDubtractor

You have to assume they will be less likely to get either team promoted next season, in the likely event that they lose some of their better players.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Liam Rosenior sacked on 22:07 - May 7 with 323 viewsyorkshireblue

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/welcome-liam-rosenior-maybe.128231/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024