Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara 14:10 - May 10 with 3017 viewsburnbudgiesburn

All no longer in our plans you would assume, but i'm guessing all now on Premier League wages and will be harder to sell.

Could it be we end up giving them away for free to try and facilitate a transfer?

Actually i'm not aware of Camaras contract situation, it may well be we have an option only which may not be taken up.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:14 - May 10 with 2947 viewsZx1988

I'd hope (maybe those with better knowledge of such things can add more detail?) that their contracts have been sufficiently well-drafted that a PL wage uplift would be contingent on certain criteria having been met (appearances, 25-man squad inclusion etc.,) rather than just being a case of 'you're contracted to the club, so here's a 100% wage increase'.

I'd have thought it would have made it exceptionally difficult to shift those players who won't be joining us on the next stage of our journey, otherwise.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:18 - May 10 with 2901 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:14 - May 10 by Zx1988

I'd hope (maybe those with better knowledge of such things can add more detail?) that their contracts have been sufficiently well-drafted that a PL wage uplift would be contingent on certain criteria having been met (appearances, 25-man squad inclusion etc.,) rather than just being a case of 'you're contracted to the club, so here's a 100% wage increase'.

I'd have thought it would have made it exceptionally difficult to shift those players who won't be joining us on the next stage of our journey, otherwise.

We'll settle up with Ladapo but his wages increased significantly on promotion. So we'll settle and he'll get a contract somewhere on much less money in L1 I assume.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:19 - May 10 with 2901 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:14 - May 10 by Zx1988

Camara is out of contract. We'll not get much of a fee for the other two, given where they're likely to go. No idea on whether their deals mean their wages go up, but presume they may well have done, but they will have got bonuses.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:20 - May 10 with 2848 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:18 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

We'll settle up with Ladapo but his wages increased significantly on promotion. So we'll settle and he'll get a contract somewhere on much less money in L1 I assume.

I suppose the increase in wages would make getting anything back for them impossible.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:22 - May 10 with 2815 viewsMillsTash

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:18 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

I don't think any one can have any issues with Ladapo getting both his bonus/increase on wages. Contributed hugely in League 1 and the 2 goals at Cardiff last season. Wish him all the best. At the right League 1 team he will score goals
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:27 - May 10 with 2753 viewsIllinoisblue

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:22 - May 10 by MillsTash

I don't think any one can have any issues with Ladapo getting both his bonus/increase on wages. Contributed hugely in League 1 and the 2 goals at Cardiff last season. Wish him all the best. At the right League 1 team he will score goals

I know for Aluko the tribute at the dinner was for his retirement situation, but stats-wise, Freddie contributed significantly more.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:42 - May 10 with 2629 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:27 - May 10 by Illinoisblue

I know for Aluko the tribute at the dinner was for his retirement situation, but stats-wise, Freddie contributed significantly more.

On the pitch for sure. Aluko obviously done a lot behind the scenes.

Ladapo was a brilliant signing overall.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:47 - May 10 with 2600 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Ladapo contributed enough in our League One days for us not to begrudge him any extra money he may get for this promotion. Good luck to him.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Login to get fewer ads

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:06 - May 10 with 2496 views_clive_baker_

Camara is out of contract so guess he'll leave on a free.

Ahadme and Ladapo were signed in L1, so I would doubt there's too much by way of Premier league specific clauses in their deals. Perhaps just generic promotion related raises, although both will be from a relatively low base in the context of PL money. That doesn't mean they're easy to get rid of, I would imagine we'll have to bridge their salary or pay a golden handshake otherwise they'll understandably stay put. We might get a small fee for Ahadme though, so there might still be upside or at least it would go some way to offsetting whatever we would need to pay him.

Ladapo will probably cost us money to move on. Lets say he was on £5k a week in L1 and got a 30% and another 30% raise, he could well be on the best part of £10k a week for the final year of his deal, and nobody in L1 is paying anything close to that.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:23 - May 10 with 2359 viewsusm

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:06 - May 10 by _clive_baker_

Ahadme and Ladapo were signed in L1, so I would doubt there's too much by way of Premier league specific clauses in their deals. Perhaps just generic promotion related raises, although both will be from a relatively low base in the context of PL money. That doesn't mean they're easy to get rid of, I would imagine we'll have to bridge their salary or pay a golden handshake otherwise they'll understandably stay put. We might get a small fee for Ahadme though, so there might still be upside or at least it would go some way to offsetting whatever we would need to pay him.

Ladapo will probably cost us money to move on. Lets say he was on £5k a week in L1 and got a 30% and another 30% raise, he could well be on the best part of £10k a week for the final year of his deal, and nobody in L1 is paying anything close to that.

Wrexham might well pay £10K PW, Birmingham too.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:30 - May 10 with 2309 viewsIllinoisblue

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:42 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

On the pitch for sure. Aluko obviously done a lot behind the scenes.

Ladapo was a brilliant signing overall.

He was. Right signing at the right time. Something we regularly failed to get right under Evans and previous managers.

62 - 78 - 81

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:44 - May 10 with 2205 viewsitfcjoe

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:06 - May 10 by _clive_baker_

I think that will massively underestimate what Freddie is on - in the Evans era the contracts at the time halved into L1 and doubled into the PL and I think that was pretty standard....I could imagine Freddie signing in L1 on north of £5k a week and being on £25k a week for next season quite easily - but ultimately it is what it is and is one of the things that is difficult to manage with back to back promotions.

There used to be a podcast called The Longman with Owain Tudor Jones, he signed a 3 year deal at start of Norwich L1 promotion season, was not rated by Lambert and basically spent 2.5 years out on loan but no way he could leave because was on something like £20k in 3rd year and had spent the previous season on loan at Yeovil.

Ahadme seemingly had a good spell on loan at Cambridge, and wages would have started from a much lower point than Freddie's we should be able to secure him a decent loan to cover most of it but with Freddie we'll prob end up paying him 80% of his wages next season - but the price of success

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 16:43 - May 10 with 1916 viewsBlueBadger

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:47 - May 10 by ThatMuhrenCross

Ladapo contributed enough in our League One days for us not to begrudge him any extra money he may get for this promotion. Good luck to him.

Without Freddie's brace at Cardiff in September it could have been us facing the budgies in the playoffs...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 16:46 - May 10 with 1902 viewsNutkins_Return

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:44 - May 10 by itfcjoe

I think that will massively underestimate what Freddie is on - in the Evans era the contracts at the time halved into L1 and doubled into the PL and I think that was pretty standard....I could imagine Freddie signing in L1 on north of £5k a week and being on £25k a week for next season quite easily - but ultimately it is what it is and is one of the things that is difficult to manage with back to back promotions.

There used to be a podcast called The Longman with Owain Tudor Jones, he signed a 3 year deal at start of Norwich L1 promotion season, was not rated by Lambert and basically spent 2.5 years out on loan but no way he could leave because was on something like £20k in 3rd year and had spent the previous season on loan at Yeovil.

Ahadme seemingly had a good spell on loan at Cambridge, and wages would have started from a much lower point than Freddie's we should be able to secure him a decent loan to cover most of it but with Freddie we'll prob end up paying him 80% of his wages next season - but the price of success

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Freddie is now on £25k a week. That would be a very poorly drafted contract because you would know he's never going to play for you in the prem. Surely it would be more bonus based.

Ditto Ahadme and must be something about actually playing for us built in.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 16:48 - May 10 with 1880 viewsNutkins_Return

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 14:19 - May 10 by PhilTWTD

Camara is out of contract. We'll not get much of a fee for the other two, given where they're likely to go. No idea on whether their deals mean their wages go up, but presume they may well have done, but they will have got bonuses.

If wages aren't the issue can't see why we couldn't get some semi decent money for Ahadme. We must have paid a £250-300k for him and he's been brilliant this season. Someone in L1 would surely match that fee at least.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 17:16 - May 10 with 1762 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 16:46 - May 10 by Nutkins_Return

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Freddie is now on £25k a week. That would be a very poorly drafted contract because you would know he's never going to play for you in the prem. Surely it would be more bonus based.

Closer to 16 after promotion which was a 100% increase.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 17:21 - May 10 with 1727 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

We might end up keeping Ahadme. Kieran must've seen something in him to sign him. He's young and raw like Al Hamadi. Maybe a Championship loan next season with his value increasing considerably if he stays fit.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 18:25 - May 10 with 1519 viewsIllinoisblue

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 17:16 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Closer to 16 after promotion which was a 100% increase.

No wonder he’s always smiling!

62 - 78 - 81

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 18:44 - May 10 with 1457 viewsFrimleyBlue

Would they all be on prem wages?

I could see champ promotion raise considering that was our main aim when they signed. But with prem..would it jave even come up in the negotiations?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 19:14 - May 10 with 1386 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 16:48 - May 10 by Nutkins_Return

If wages aren't the issue can't see why we couldn't get some semi decent money for Ahadme. We must have paid a £250-300k for him and he's been brilliant this season. Someone in L1 would surely match that fee at least.

Has anyone who would be interested have that sort of money? Maybe one or two towards the top but think most are fairly cash-strapped.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 19:25 - May 10 with 1336 viewsSharkey

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 15:23 - May 10 by usm

Wrexham might well pay £10K PW, Birmingham too.

I think I read somewhere that Wycombe will be matching anyone in L1 for wages next season.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 19:29 - May 10 with 1310 viewsibbleobble

Ahadme and Camara were both very odd signings anyway and most said as much at the time.
Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 07:15 - May 11 with 940 viewsitfcjoe

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 16:46 - May 10 by Nutkins_Return

Contracts will have some general standardisation in them - all the U21 squad doubled their money at the weekend and none will be close to the first team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 08:38 - May 11 with 726 viewschicoazul

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 07:15 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Contracts will have some general standardisation in them - all the U21 squad doubled their money at the weekend and none will be close to the first team

This implies Lameberk will potentially have doubled his money which, if true, means we must all gather and march on Downing Street immediately.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 08:53 - May 11 with 673 viewskiwiblue

Ahadme, Ladapo & Camara on 08:38 - May 11 by chicoazul

This implies Lameberk will potentially have doubled his money which, if true, means we must all gather and march on Downing Street immediately.

Freddie is on 14k a week according to sport salaries site if you believe it. Panuche is on 7,800 and Gassam on 4800.2023 wages
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024