Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton Interview 10:02 - May 16 with 6326 viewsPaul

https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/8e864569-3028-4898-a567-6324835c158d
Ashton Interview on 10:04 - May 16 with 3999 viewsle2blue

A good one for the conspiracy theorists...he usually does these with Kieran
Ashton Interview on 10:08 - May 16 with 3939 viewsKeno

Ashton Interview on 10:04 - May 16 by le2blue

A good one for the conspiracy theorists...he usually does these with Kieran

Im 4 minutes in and he hasn't mentioned Kieran is staying

doesnt look good

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ashton Interview on 10:09 - May 16 with 3924 viewswkj

Ashton Interview on 10:08 - May 16 by Keno

doesnt look good

We should probably sack Ashton unless he can give us assurances that he'll address this on his next statement.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ashton Interview on 10:35 - May 16 with 3757 viewsPaul

Ashton Interview on 10:08 - May 16 by Keno

doesnt look good

Having just watched it all, it was part 1 looking back at the season. Part 2 to follow.

Ashton also got his tattoo!
Ashton Interview on 10:38 - May 16 with 3729 viewsBossy

It's as clear as day that McKenna has had talks with Man Utd and himself and Ashton have talked about it.

I think in all likelihood they are waiting to see what Man Utd decide, which will prob be after the FA Cup final.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Ashton Interview on 10:39 - May 16 with 3685 viewsGuthrum

Ashton Interview on 10:38 - May 16 by Bossy

It's as clear as day that McKenna has had talks with Man Utd and himself and Ashton have talked about it.

I think in all likelihood they are waiting to see what Man Utd decide, which will prob be after the FA Cup final.

Is it clear?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ashton Interview on 10:47 - May 16 with 3611 viewsBossy

Ashton Interview on 10:39 - May 16 by Guthrum

Is it clear?

It's about as clear as you can get without being actually told one way or another.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Ashton Interview on 10:56 - May 16 with 3529 viewsSwansea_Blue

I really wish you wouldn't have posted that. Now I've got even less chance of hitting my deadline having taken out 30 mins to watch it . Worth it though.

He's very reassuring. I wonder if he'll address the McK links in part two or if they'll keep off the speculation. There's a bit in the Guardian piece about him being confident KM will stay. Let's hope so.

I don't know why I'm worrying about what Bristol City fans think, but while watching that I couldn't help but find it strange that they couldn't see what Ashton brings. Maybe they hadn't had a Marcus Evans to compare him against.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashton Interview on 10:59 - May 16 with 3500 viewsGuthrum

Ashton Interview on 10:47 - May 16 by Bossy

It's about as clear as you can get without being actually told one way or another.

Not particularly. We have an article which 'understands' or 'believes' that he is 'under consideration' and that some tentative contact - between representatives - may have been made (according to 'sources'). That's hardly full-blown talks between McKenna and ManU.

Same article states that ITFC are 'determined to keep hold of' him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ashton Interview on 11:04 - May 16 with 3409 viewsitfcjoe

Made the mistake of drinking every time I head the word ‘process’, big mistake

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ashton Interview on 11:08 - May 16 with 3359 viewssmithy69

Ashton Interview on 10:47 - May 16 by Bossy

So not clear at all lol

I’m gonna put it out there. Manchester United will not hire a manager that has never managed a single game in the top flight. Fact
Ashton Interview on 11:12 - May 16 with 3323 viewstextbackup

Ashton Interview on 11:04 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Where should we send the funeral flowers?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ashton Interview on 11:13 - May 16 with 3314 viewsessexpaul64

Ashton Interview on 11:08 - May 16 by smithy69

So not clear at all lol

I’m gonna put it out there. Manchester United will not hire a manager that has never managed a single game in the top flight. Fact

Totally agree. I still think Kieran will still be an Ipswich Town manager come end of next season. After that, who knows
Ashton Interview on 11:14 - May 16 with 3296 viewsBossy

Ashton Interview on 10:59 - May 16 by Guthrum

Not particularly. We have an article which 'understands' or 'believes' that he is 'under consideration' and that some tentative contact - between representatives - may have been made (according to 'sources'). That's hardly full-blown talks between McKenna and ManU.

Same article states that ITFC are 'determined to keep hold of' him.

Like I said, we don't know for sure as we've not bugged McKenna or Old Trafford.

But just look at the facts of the situation. Man Utd are very likely to want to change manager and set the club up with a long-term plan. That's either going to be some big name top level manager, which every big club that's looking at the moment are struggling to identify or it's going to have to be a promising manager that is from a smaller club.

McKenna isn't just some other manager to them. He has deep Man Utd links and has shown in no time at all that he is a top level manager in the making.

"Determined to keep hold of him" is an admission that they recognise the links to other clubs.

Ashton Interview on 11:18 - May 16 with 3247 viewsMattinLondon

Ashton Interview on 10:38 - May 16 by Bossy

It is as clear as day, agreed. Well as long as that particular day is cloudy, overcast and in December at 430pm.
Ashton Interview on 11:19 - May 16 with 3238 viewsBossy

Ashton Interview on 11:08 - May 16 by smithy69

So not clear at all lol

I'm not saying they are going to hire him. I'm saying I think it's very likely that he's had discussions with Man Utd, along with other candidates. Whether they go for him is another question, which we won't have the answer to until the FA Cup final. Then McKenna will either suddenly be a lot more visible to us again, or he'll be announced as the next Man Utd manager.

The naivety on this forum is something to behold.

Ashton Interview on 11:26 - May 16 with 3162 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Ashton does his job well. But I cant watch his interviews anymore. His corporate / David Brent style just grates on me.

Keep up the good work though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ashton Interview on 11:27 - May 16 with 3136 viewsBossy

Ashton Interview on 11:26 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think Ashton does his job well. But I cant watch his interviews anymore. His corporate / David Brent style just grates on me.

Funnily enough I sort of agree.

Ashton Interview on 11:28 - May 16 with 3121 viewschicoazul

How many times does he talk about world class basics

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ashton Interview on 11:38 - May 16 with 2970 viewsReuser_is_God

Do you need some oxygen?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ashton Interview on 11:47 - May 16 with 2892 viewsSitfcB

Ashton Interview on 11:26 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don’t get that at all, I know it’s a bit corporate with the process stuff etc but it’s something he truly believes in so always emphasises it.

The bit at the end talking about the Coventry game is basically all of us and how we felt, I think it’s brilliant to have someone in his position, and as an ‘outsider’, to be as passionate as we all are about the club.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashton Interview on 11:53 - May 16 with 2825 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ashton Interview on 11:47 - May 16 by SitfcB

I don’t get that at all, I know it’s a bit corporate with the process stuff etc but it’s something he truly believes in so always emphasises it.

The bit at the end talking about the Coventry game is basically all of us and how we felt, I think it’s brilliant to have someone in his position, and as an ‘outsider’, to be as passionate as we all are about the club.

Each to their own, I just dislike the corporate delivery.

I get my insight from player and manager interviews.

He has every right to believe in corporate jargon, as I have every right to not listen to it.

I think he's done a great job, and hope he continues to do so.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ashton Interview (n/t) on 11:55 - May 16 with 2784 viewsKieran_Knows

[Post edited 16 May 11:55]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ashton Interview on 11:57 - May 16 with 2752 views_clive_baker_

Wonder what the Mark Ashton drinking game rules would be?

Process : Swig of beer
Community : Half pint
Football Club : 1 Shot
Lets be really clear : 1 pint

I'd last 5 minutes max.
Ashton Interview on 11:58 - May 16 with 2737 viewsSitfcB

Ashton Interview on 11:53 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Each to their own, I just dislike the corporate delivery.

I get my insight from player and manager interviews.

He has every right to believe in corporate jargon, as I have every right to not listen to it.

I think he's done a great job, and hope he continues to do so.

That’s all fair, like I say have to expect a little bit of corporate but when he’s talking a kit McKenna winning awards and the games you can see it’s from the heart and meaningful.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024