Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Writing a letter to the club 18:46 - Jan 7 with 1777 viewswkj

I have decided to take a little of my own advice and proactively try and communicate with the club with a letter this week. I had considered making it "an open letter" as seems to be the rage, but then felt that is just a horrible thing to do in this situation. I would like to share with you what I have put together so far, and would like to know if there is anything I am missing out, or might do well to change.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ru9M5oaJArK0zSSgyFlFWarTT1UQRY-sfH0PhGW52g4/

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Writing a letter to the club on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 1709 viewsJ2BLUE

I would ask for a five year plan with SMART objectives. That way we have something to measure against rather than drifting along with no clear aim other than 'try to compete' which is meaningless. The club has shown with the academy targets that they will lower the bar to whatever level shows some sort of achievement and it would be good to have a published 5 year plan beginning at the start of next season with a new manager and everyone on board. As of now the plan for next season is do the same as the last five seasons with no long term aim. It's depressing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Writing a letter to the club on 19:13 - Jan 7 with 1627 viewswkj

Writing a letter to the club on 19:02 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

I would ask for a five year plan with SMART objectives. That way we have something to measure against rather than drifting along with no clear aim other than 'try to compete' which is meaningless. The club has shown with the academy targets that they will lower the bar to whatever level shows some sort of achievement and it would be good to have a published 5 year plan beginning at the start of next season with a new manager and everyone on board. As of now the plan for next season is do the same as the last five seasons with no long term aim. It's depressing.

Excellent thanks for that, and I totally agree. Having a plan in place has been a phrase is certainly no good without having a degree of measurability in which we can base our opinions off of.

Crybaby

Writing a letter to the club on 19:19 - Jan 7 with 1581 viewsfooters

Learn the difference between 'it's' and 'its'.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 19:19]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Writing a letter to the club on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1543 viewsoldbluestu

Writing a letter to the club on 19:02 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

Yes you cannot beat those America smart objectives. Maybe like the one Sheepshanks/Burley had; promotion, relegation, administration
Writing a letter to the club on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1534 viewswkj

Writing a letter to the club on 19:19 - Jan 7 by footers

Learn the difference between 'it's' and 'its'.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 19:19]

You are just the kind of plucky forward thinker I am looking for in a spelling and punctuation checker... what is your going rate?

Crybaby

Writing a letter to the club on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 1443 viewshoppy

Writing a letter to the club on 19:22 - Jan 7 by wkj

You are just the kind of plucky forward thinker I am looking for in a spelling and punctuation checker... what is your going rate?

Keno is cheaper...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Writing a letter to the club on 19:48 - Jan 7 with 1406 viewswkj

Writing a letter to the club on 19:43 - Jan 7 by hoppy

Keno is cheaper...

But does Keno charge a monthly fee AND vat within that fee?

Crybaby

Writing a letter to the club on 20:52 - Jan 7 with 1252 viewsPinewoodblue

A bit long winded and not sure what you are looking to achieve.

If it just to get it off your chest, read what you written again tomorrow morning and then delete it.

if you are looking for answers then you need to ensure your letter asks questions rather than spending too long on a preamble and unnecessary background.

Personally I only ever wrote to David Sheepshanks twice and both times he rang and invited me into the boardroom for a chat, but in those days the club as a whole was more in tune with the fsns.

Whatever you write keep it to yourself, don't share it on here.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Writing a letter to the club on 21:02 - Jan 7 with 1201 viewsjas0999

You are pretty much wasting your time im afraid. They won't respond nor care. That is our club under Marcus Evans.

But in order to get your point across this letter needs to be snappier and to the point. Starting off by sucking up is pointless. Milne is a business man and won't be interested in that. Would recommend you bullet point the key issues in less details, whilst start the letter with your main objective, not say thank you!
Writing a letter to the club on 21:06 - Jan 7 with 1182 viewswkj

Writing a letter to the club on 21:02 - Jan 7 by jas0999

You are pretty much wasting your time im afraid. They won't respond nor care. That is our club under Marcus Evans.

But in order to get your point across this letter needs to be snappier and to the point. Starting off by sucking up is pointless. Milne is a business man and won't be interested in that. Would recommend you bullet point the key issues in less details, whilst start the letter with your main objective, not say thank you!

Out of curiosity have you ever tried proactively reaching the club, or have you made an assumption on how worth while the exercise may or may not be- I ask because I have seldom seen you actually be very positive on here. Not a dig, just more curious if you have and what lead you to your conclusion

Crybaby

Writing a letter to the club on 21:41 - Jan 7 with 1098 viewstextbackup

Writing a letter to the club on 19:22 - Jan 7 by oldbluestu

Yes you cannot beat those America smart objectives. Maybe like the one Sheepshanks/Burley had; promotion, relegation, administration

that happened, and is in the past..... why the fck do you bring that up but you wont slate the utter sht thats currently on the pitch?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Writing a letter to the club on 21:46 - Jan 7 with 1068 viewstractorshark

By posting a link doesn't that make it an open letter?
I'm not being critical of you personally, but so often when people post open letters, it's all about their ego, not the points they raise.
I genuinely hope you get a reply. You should at least get an acknowledgement.
Writing a letter to the club on 21:54 - Jan 7 with 1029 viewswkj

Writing a letter to the club on 21:46 - Jan 7 by tractorshark

I'm not being critical of you personally, but so often when people post open letters, it's all about their ego, not the points they raise.

Kind of sort of, but this is just a draft, and shall probably look nothing like it once sent. I suppose when I was thinking Open Letter, I was thinking the types who will publish something online, and do a rain dance around it to get noticed and start a revolution, I was just looking for a bit of grounding I guess

Crybaby

Writing a letter to the club on 22:52 - Jan 7 with 932 viewshoppy

Writing a letter to the club on 21:46 - Jan 7 by tractorshark

Didn't J2Blue do an open letter that was just about his ego?

Oh no, my mistake... that was just about his egg, wasn't it?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024