Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM 17:44 - Feb 3 with 3426 viewsOxfordTH_1981

for at least the first 20 minutes or so, to give the boys a fantastic lift, and for us to take some responsibility for supporting the club we say we allegedly follow? Any fool can sing when they are winning in the good times, but it takes character and strength and bravery to support them when they are struggling. I remember the North Stand singing "Johnny Lyall's Blue and white army " for 20 minutes in the 93-94 season when things looked bleak. It was pretty awe-inspiring.

It's just that so many of the fans go to games with the specific intention of not getting behind the team or being supportive. It's as if they have given up on the team and want them to fail so that it justifies the abuse of MM. I think it is shameful for so -called fans to behave like this. I am not saying the league position is the fans' fault but I do think that being a supporters means doing your best to support the team through thick and thin - as we are in a relegation fight and the players in the main are giving 100%.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 17:46 - Feb 3 with 3071 viewsYallop

I loved your first paragraph. An uppie for that.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 17:56 - Feb 3 with 3036 viewsFrimleyBlue

" for the supporters to take some responsibilty

Im sorry. At what point are the supporters to blame for this current plight?

If the supporters ran the club we wouldnt be putting up with a lacklustre transfer kitty and having to watch douglas every week.

Yes theyve booed. So what the footballs been shte and as paying customers as the club continues to call us. The customers have a right to boo. Ita not like they can ask for a refund for not getting the service they want.

Mick and Evans between them and the players themseleves are to blame. Feck this whole being nice stuff. They get paid a nice sum of money to perform and they arent if they cant take negative songs buck uo and perform and the customers will applaud

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 3016 viewsBlueLikeJazz

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 17:56 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

If the supporters ran the club we wouldnt be putting up with a lacklustre transfer kitty and having to watch douglas every week.

Yes theyve booed. So what the footballs been shte and as paying customers as the club continues to call us. The customers have a right to boo. Ita not like they can ask for a refund for not getting the service they want.

Mick and Evans between them and the players themseleves are to blame. Feck this whole being nice stuff. They get paid a nice sum of money to perform and they arent if they cant take negative songs buck uo and perform and the customers will applaud

"The customers have a right to boo"

Sure they do. But they're being part of the problem if they do, and if it hurts for that to be pointed out, then tough.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 3011 viewsMaySixth

Good lad

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:04 - Feb 3 with 3000 viewsMaySixth

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 17:56 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

lol

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:09 - Feb 3 with 2981 viewsgtsb1966

Bravery????? No it doesn't take bravery. There are people on this forum who have fought serious illnesses and addictions. That takes bravery, not singing at a football match.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:15 - Feb 3 with 2955 viewssuperfan

You go for it, but leave me out of it. The sooner MM is gone the better for all of us. I shall continue to support the players as I always have done, but for Mick, no chance.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:30 - Feb 3 with 2904 viewsDebenBlue

Totally agree with your sentiment, but MM has to also be brave and more adventurous, otherwise after the initial 20 mins of singing etc, it will revert back to type IF the team are set up not to concede, just like every home game. It is just as much down to the players/MM to get the fans going as it is for the fans to get the players confidence up !!
Login to get fewer ads

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:38 - Feb 3 with 2881 viewsFrimleyBlue

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:03 - Feb 3 by BlueLikeJazz

"The customers have a right to boo"

Sure they do. But they're being part of the problem if they do, and if it hurts for that to be pointed out, then tough.

Real men would take a boo on the chin and work hard to turn the boos into cheers. If they dont, They lack steel and in times like this. We need players with steel.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 18:39]

Waka waka eh eh

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:44 - Feb 3 with 2848 viewsblustutu

For the supporters to take some responsibility for supporting the club is what it says. I don't think anyone is saying it's the fans fault, but the only thing we can do to help the team is get behind them.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:48 - Feb 3 with 2811 viewsBlueBadger

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:09 - Feb 3 by gtsb1966

Bravery????? No it doesn't take bravery. There are people on this forum who have fought serious illnesses and addictions. That takes bravery, not singing at a football match.

In all fairness, quite a few of our supporters have led VERY sheltered lives.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:48 - Feb 3 with 2813 viewslupadon81

I mirror your views , does seem to be a fair number of fans not interested in getting behind the team when things are bad
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:49 - Feb 3 with 2812 viewsFrimleyBlue

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:44 - Feb 3 by blustutu

For the supporters to take some responsibility for supporting the club is what it says. I don't think anyone is saying it's the fans fault, but the only thing we can do to help the team is get behind them.

There is nothing we can do.

Theyve been cheered. Had songs sung. They continue to have fans turn up to watch them play.. what more do theu want?

Lets face it

Mick doesnt want to be here. Players dont want to be here. Evans doesnt want to be here and the fans dont want to be part of this situation.

Its a horrid horrid time to support the club.
Signing songs and hugging isnt going to change anything.

Waka waka eh eh

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 2799 viewsBlueBadger

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:38 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

Real men would take a boo on the chin and work hard to turn the boos into cheers. If they dont, They lack steel and in times like this. We need players with steel.

Similarly, real men would take being told that booing is essentially the act of a petulant child on the chin and get behind their team...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 2789 viewsBackToRussia

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:09 - Feb 3 by gtsb1966

There's different scales of bravery, it doesn't mean the word is off limits unless you've had a life threatening illness.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 2799 viewscasanovacrow

lets hope there is something to cheer in the first 20mins then.
I would find it bonkers if we were meant to be cheering 10men sitting behind the ball with aimless punts up field ...or even worse picking the ball out the back of our own net.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:54 - Feb 3 with 2774 viewsblustutu

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:49 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

There is nothing we can do.

Theyve been cheered. Had songs sung. They continue to have fans turn up to watch them play.. what more do theu want?

Lets face it

Mick doesnt want to be here. Players dont want to be here. Evans doesnt want to be here and the fans dont want to be part of this situation.

Its a horrid horrid time to support the club.
Signing songs and hugging isnt going to change anything.

It does make it more fun though! Being serious I think it's partly to do with the demographic of our fans, when I was in my teens and twenties we were pretty awful at times but the was generally a pretty good atmosphere because there were a lot of young lads who sang regardless and they don't seem to have been replaced.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:58 - Feb 3 with 2733 viewsgtsb1966

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:50 - Feb 3 by BackToRussia

There's different scales of bravery, it doesn't mean the word is off limits unless you've had a life threatening illness.

And that is very true but cheering for someone at a football match does not make you brave. Enthusiastic yes, supportive yes, but not brave.
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 21:36 - Feb 3 with 2588 views3_5_2

The sentiment here is fine but in reality most fans have already given up.

I went v Derby with a Spurs fan who couldn't believe how easily the home fans just accepted being 3 nil down and playing so badly

As someone said to me at work the next day, most towns fans can't even be arsed to boo any more.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 2585 viewsZacak

It's not about who's fault it is though is it. We are all in this together and surely our bit as fans is to support the team and try to help the players. It's not as if we have a team full of prima donnas just picking up a wage. The team may be playing poorly but just how does booing help during a game?
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 21:56 - Feb 3 with 2513 viewstextbackup

I've sung my fcking heart out for this club enough, I will fiercely do this at Norwich because I don't want them thinking they've won the off pitch noise battle, but the mixture of poor football, awful leadership and players that have lost the ability to pass a bag of air between them they've sucked the support out of me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 22:25 - Feb 3 with 2389 viewscoolcat

Well said! Great idea. :)
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 09:05 - Feb 4 with 2203 viewsbraveblue

Happy to sing for the team. I think most are.

Will nit support idiot and arrogant manager. He has basically said that he will be off in the summer. inspirational!!
For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 13:20 - Feb 4 with 2076 viewsSomethingBlue

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 18:38 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

Are you a real man?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

For those going tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we sang our hearts out for MM on 14:28 - Feb 4 with 1999 viewsjeera

Real men don't start making silly noises like baboons every time something isn't going their way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024