Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight 13:57 - Apr 4 with 2473 viewsMullet

Only Bristol have a better GD.

Realistically then how many do we have to lose in a row to slip into the bottom three? The chances of them all wining in the next 2 games or so to leapfrog us seems impossible even without checking who plays who.

What would it actually take do we think? Next 4 all losses?

Even Wigan need another six to drag themselves level with bottom 3rd.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:01 - Apr 4 with 1347 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, I think so.

It's a good job that those below us are considerably worse.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:02 - Apr 4 with 1342 viewsStokieBlue

Most likely survive with 7 incredibly dull draws.

3 losses in a row would really make it brown trousers time though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:08 - Apr 4 with 1320 viewsCaptainObvious

i suspect if forest and blackburn catch us on points, their goal difference will also overtake us.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:10 - Apr 4 with 1315 viewsBinner

Although you correctly point out that as things stand only Bristol City have a better gd, I'd have to say that, if Blackburn win and win their next two, Forest win and draw and we lose and lose then both of those clubs will be ahead of us on gd.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:12 - Apr 4 with 1299 viewsBinner

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:08 - Apr 4 by CaptainObvious

i suspect if forest and blackburn catch us on points, their goal difference will also overtake us.

You beat me to it...no wonder you're 'captain'...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:21 - Apr 4 with 1248 viewstheipswichman

The thing that we should highlight is the fact that we don't lose very often, whilst incredibly dull and boring it will accumulate enough points for survival.
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:23 - Apr 4 with 1238 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:08 - Apr 4 by CaptainObvious

Well yes. I presumed that was self-evident in fairness!

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:24 - Apr 4 with 1225 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:02 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

Most likely survive with 7 incredibly dull draws.

3 losses in a row would really make it brown trousers time though.

SB

I think we will win tonight if we can avoid the self-sabotage of Saturday's game.

Skuse is a massive loss with CM already so depleted. Time for McGoldrick to take centre stage. If he and Pitman repeat what they did in the reverse fixture we could end up handing out a beating.

Login to get fewer ads

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:24 - Apr 4 with 1223 viewshype313

Forest away last day could be interesting!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:27 - Apr 4 with 1210 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:24 - Apr 4 by hype313

Forest away last day could be interesting!

Hopefully it won't be. I rarely enjoy going there as we seem to break our own hearts most fixtures there in the past decade.

We should be easily safe and playing 4 or 5 kids and wishing Mick well if all goes as well as can be expected.

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 1206 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rotherham are gone and Wigan would struggle to catch us so we have to look at the form of the other teams around us.

Based on the six game form table; Town are picking up .83 points per game, Brum 1, Burton 1.5, Forest 1, Blackburn 1.17, Bristol C 1.33.

So over the next 7 games, if form continues, we have:

Burton 54
Ipswich 53
Brum 53
Forest 52
Blackburn 48

We'd be safe by 5 points.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 1208 viewsCaptainObvious

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:23 - Apr 4 by Mullet

Well yes. I presumed that was self-evident in fairness!

In which case 'only Bristol have a better goal difference' is merely a statement of current fact, rather than a variable in the run-in.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 1206 viewsStokieBlue

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:24 - Apr 4 by Mullet

I think we will win tonight if we can avoid the self-sabotage of Saturday's game.

Skuse is a massive loss with CM already so depleted. Time for McGoldrick to take centre stage. If he and Pitman repeat what they did in the reverse fixture we could end up handing out a beating.

I'd be astonished if we could give anyone a beating at the moment, I admire your optimism though!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:30 - Apr 4 with 1197 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:28 - Apr 4 by CaptainObvious

In which case 'only Bristol have a better goal difference' is merely a statement of current fact, rather than a variable in the run-in.

Surely it's still a variable as it as subject to change as anything else?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:35 - Apr 4 with 1165 viewsSomethingBlue

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:28 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

I'd be astonished if we could give anyone a beating at the moment, I admire your optimism though!

SB

Astonished? All our games are nip and tuck! (and I don't mean in a good way btw, but you see the point)

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:37 - Apr 4 with 1157 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:28 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

SB

I was talking about the nature of their performance in the away leg.

But anything is possible. We've clearly underperformed and struggled, now with a few getting on the players' backs. Would surprise me if we pick up wins at Burton and Rotherham just to get the job done.

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:38 - Apr 4 with 1147 viewshype313

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:37 - Apr 4 by Mullet

I was talking about the nature of their performance in the away leg.

But anything is possible. We've clearly underperformed and struggled, now with a few getting on the players' backs. Would surprise me if we pick up wins at Burton and Rotherham just to get the job done.

Big game between Wolves and Forest tonight, could do with Mick's old club doing us a favor.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:41 - Apr 4 with 1118 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

If we cant get something out of tonight and against Burton & Rotherham before the season is out then we deserve to go down.

As others have said, we are fortunate that other teams have been poorer than us this season otherwise we would have gone down.

If we lose tonight though I think that panic button can officially be hit!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:43 - Apr 4 with 1105 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:41 - Apr 4 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

If we cant get something out of tonight and against Burton & Rotherham before the season is out then we deserve to go down.

As others have said, we are fortunate that other teams have been poorer than us this season otherwise we would have gone down.

If we lose tonight though I think that panic button can officially be hit!

And presumably unfortunate that other teams have been better?

This type of thinking just baffles me frankly.

Like the morons who claimed we "crept in" the playoffs or 7th was a false position. It just doesn't make sense. The reason the "panic button" can be hit is an element almost wishing to make it so.

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 1096 viewsLord_Lucan

It won't happen.

Realistically one more win and we should be safe, and I think we will win tonight.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:48 - Apr 4 with 1068 viewsPJH

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:43 - Apr 4 by Mullet

Like the morons who claimed we "crept in" the playoffs or 7th was a false position. It just doesn't make sense. The reason the "panic button" can be hit is an element almost wishing to make it so.

Yes but you have got to admit that Derby unluckily missed the playoffs just because they did not get enough points.
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:50 - Apr 4 with 1060 viewsRadlett_blue

I think we're worrying unduly. Our form is really no worse than it has been all season. The only difference is we are persistently drawing games, which is a far less efficient way of picking up points. A point a game from the last 7 would leave us with 53 points, which would be comfortably clear. I would accept we have some hard looking fixtures left - Fulham, Newcastle & Wednesday. A win tonight, though, would leave us pretty safe as we should be able to beat Rotherham away. None of the clubs below us are actually picking up many more points than us, either.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:53 - Apr 4 with 1038 viewsSteve_M

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:50 - Apr 4 by Radlett_blue

I think we're worrying unduly. Our form is really no worse than it has been all season. The only difference is we are persistently drawing games, which is a far less efficient way of picking up points. A point a game from the last 7 would leave us with 53 points, which would be comfortably clear. I would accept we have some hard looking fixtures left - Fulham, Newcastle & Wednesday. A win tonight, though, would leave us pretty safe as we should be able to beat Rotherham away. None of the clubs below us are actually picking up many more points than us, either.

It's just a pity we didn't pick up another couple of wins when we played well, and deserved to, in February. All would look a lot more comfortable now but, yes, I agree it's only natural pessimism that is making fans think we are likely to go down.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:55 - Apr 4 with 1016 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:43 - Apr 4 by Mullet

We only made it into the play-offs due to Derbys complete and utter implosion-fortunate???

Think most fans that actually sat and watched us the following season would agree that 7th definitely flattered us that season as we were incredibly poor.

I get what you are saying though.

If you want to call me a moron then go for it, only posting my opinion on a open forum. I like to hope that no fan would genuinely want us to lose, I certainly dont and never will. I just hope for an Ipswich era without the likes of Mick, Milne & Evans.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:56 - Apr 4 with 991 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:55 - Apr 4 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

We only made it into the play-offs due to Derbys complete and utter implosion-fortunate???

Think most fans that actually sat and watched us the following season would agree that 7th definitely flattered us that season as we were incredibly poor.

I get what you are saying though.

If you want to call me a moron then go for it, only posting my opinion on a open forum. I like to hope that no fan would genuinely want us to lose, I certainly dont and never will. I just hope for an Ipswich era without the likes of Mick, Milne & Evans.

Teams finish where they deserve.

I wasn't calling you a moron at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024