Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not one for the faint hearted today 20:02 - Oct 6 with 5157 viewsitfcjoe

Think we are now on a point total that we have deserved over opening quarter of season, but maybe we've got points where we ahven't deserved them and dropped them elsewhere but that doesn't really matter.

Great character and fight today - Chambers especially was an absolute warrior at the back and organised and led superbly through the second half where I'd consider us relatively untroubled.

To get back and win it from 2-2 after the start we've had is really really good, and can't be underestimated.

Will this buy Hurst more time? I guess we'll see - but whatever happens, that 3 points today was absolutely vital.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:04 - Oct 6 with 5121 viewsDanTheMan

Absolutely over the moon with the win. With or without Hurst, long may it continue.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:09 - Oct 6 with 5082 viewsRoyKeanesDog

How people suggest dropping Chambers is beyond me.

Poll: Best Football Song

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:12 - Oct 6 with 5071 viewsBlueBadger

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:09 - Oct 6 by RoyKeanesDog

How people suggest dropping Chambers is beyond me.

It's not hard to work out, it's because he was 'Mick's man' apparently.
See also: Knudsen and Skuse.
Never mind that those three have consistently failed to hide and never ducked any responsiblity all season, unlike some of the others, they're 'the old guard' and must be blamed and dropped.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 20:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:52 - Oct 6 with 4979 viewsunstableblue

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:12 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

It's not hard to work out, it's because he was 'Mick's man' apparently.
See also: Knudsen and Skuse.
Never mind that those three have consistently failed to hide and never ducked any responsiblity all season, unlike some of the others, they're 'the old guard' and must be blamed and dropped.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 20:15]

You're becoming a bit like a stuck record I'm afraid.

If you actually really step back...really put your prejudices aside and have a cold light of day look at this then I really feel the right answer is this:

- Chambo has made some absolutely terrible errors this season and perhaps cost us a number of points, but he is the club captain an absolute leader and when on form is a mountain. Hurst I'm sure would be completely agree with this - WHO GIVE A FLYING TOSS WHETHER HE WAS MICKS MAN OR NOT?

- Knudsen - whilst having good passages of play and occasional strong defending AND being left sided, he is poor going forward BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY is giving away a large amount of possession through errors but more importantly POOR distribution and judgement - PERIOD, that is the fact, hide from it if you want but its just true. He probably deserved to be dropped. BUT i;m not sure Donacien in a left back was any better!

So yes Knudsen does 'hide' by switching off his concentration and quality. Thats a fact. not your prejudgement.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Not one for the faint hearted today on 21:05 - Oct 6 with 4913 viewsSomethingBlue

Not one for the faint hearted today on 20:52 - Oct 6 by unstableblue

If you actually really step back...really put your prejudices aside and have a cold light of day look at this then I really feel the right answer is this:

- Chambo has made some absolutely terrible errors this season and perhaps cost us a number of points, but he is the club captain an absolute leader and when on form is a mountain. Hurst I'm sure would be completely agree with this - WHO GIVE A FLYING TOSS WHETHER HE WAS MICKS MAN OR NOT?

- Knudsen - whilst having good passages of play and occasional strong defending AND being left sided, he is poor going forward BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY is giving away a large amount of possession through errors but more importantly POOR distribution and judgement - PERIOD, that is the fact, hide from it if you want but its just true. He probably deserved to be dropped. BUT i;m not sure Donacien in a left back was any better!

So yes Knudsen does 'hide' by switching off his concentration and quality. Thats a fact. not your prejudgement.

Could you remind me of Chambers' other absolutely terrible errors? Boro of course but I'm genuinely drawing a blank after that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not one for the faint hearted today on 21:26 - Oct 6 with 4817 viewsitfcjoe

Becoming a stuck record?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not one for the faint hearted today on 21:56 - Oct 6 with 4751 viewsLord_Lucan

Chambers is almost single handedly keeping this club together.

He will be remembered (at least he should be) as an ITFC legend for his era.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Not one for the faint hearted today on 22:13 - Oct 6 with 4660 viewsMelford

Not one for the faint hearted today on 21:56 - Oct 6 by Lord_Lucan

He's our John Terry. Leader on and off the pitch, takes the role of captain and leader of the squad seriously, never gives any less than 100% and takes every defeat personally. I seriously reckon he'll end up managing us in the future.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Not one for the faint hearted today on 22:24 - Oct 6 with 4615 viewstextbackup

Will it buy him more time?
I was led to believe that the decision was made and PH was a goner, so if that doesn’t happen it’s either ME changing his mind, or the rumours being absolutely untrue. I think, after speaking with who I did today, that I’m going with the rumours being massively overplayed, and a big game of Chinese whispers getting massively out of hand.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Not one for the faint hearted today on 22:29 - Oct 6 with 4587 viewsLord_Lucan

Not one for the faint hearted today on 22:24 - Oct 6 by textbackup

Will it buy him more time?
I was led to believe that the decision was made and PH was a goner, so if that doesn’t happen it’s either ME changing his mind, or the rumours being absolutely untrue. I think, after speaking with who I did today, that I’m going with the rumours being massively overplayed, and a big game of Chinese whispers getting massively out of hand.

I’ll bet you a quid Texty.

You can pay Bossbeard next home game.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Not one for the faint hearted today on 23:21 - Oct 6 with 4400 viewsimsureazzure

Defenders make highlighted vital errors, especially defenders who are always involved and do not hide, we need his character and voice, he is no Mowbray etc.. but we need him.
Not one for the faint hearted today on 23:31 - Oct 6 with 4364 viewsHerbivore

That's just not accurate though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not one for the faint hearted today on 23:53 - Oct 6 with 4280 viewsGuthrum

Looked like he really enjoyed giving the fist pump today.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Not one for the faint hearted today on 23:54 - Oct 6 with 4281 viewsZacak

Post of the century
Not one for the faint hearted today on 00:00 - Oct 7 with 4247 viewsKieran_Knows

Definitely didn’t mean to down vote this. Fat thumbs whilst scrolling down, apologies!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Not one for the faint hearted today on 00:03 - Oct 7 with 4243 viewsITFCBlues

If it doesn’t buy him more time then I for one am done.

This needs to be allowed time to see how it develops, not 11 or 12 games

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Not one for the faint hearted today on 00:31 - Oct 7 with 4162 viewsBlueBadger

Yep. There's always one.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 0:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Not one for the faint hearted today on 00:34 - Oct 7 with 4157 viewsBlueBadger

Not one for the faint hearted today on 23:21 - Oct 6 by imsureazzure

Defenders make highlighted vital errors, especially defenders who are always involved and do not hide, we need his character and voice, he is no Mowbray etc.. but we need him.

As I said last night, I feel quite sorry for our defenders at the moment. We don't score enough, so they HAVE to keep everything out. Mistakes are highlighted to an extraordinary degree.

Not one for the faint hearted today on 01:00 - Oct 7 with 4116 viewsBlueBadger

Not one for the faint hearted today on 21:05 - Oct 6 by SomethingBlue

Could you remind me of Chambers' other absolutely terrible errors? Boro of course but I'm genuinely drawing a blank after that.

His main one is Being Mick's Man...

Not one for the faint hearted today on 02:49 - Oct 7 with 4025 viewsSuperblue95

Not one for the faint hearted today on 01:00 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

His main one is Being Mick's Man...

Chambers has always been a funny one. He obviously has a lot of passion and is a great leader. Anyone who questions that is just moronic.

However he can go from being a man mountain one minute to being a defensive shambles the next. Personally I like him, just wish he was that little bit more consistent.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 2:56]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Not one for the faint hearted today on 04:49 - Oct 7 with 3937 viewspowinswitch

Another succinct, common sense and correct contribution. Chambers may have made some errors this season, but boy that man gives 110% every game, and I for on one am glad we have him.
Not one for the faint hearted today on 09:40 - Oct 7 with 3721 viewsBlueBadger

Not one for the faint hearted today on 02:49 - Oct 7 by Superblue95

Chambers has always been a funny one. He obviously has a lot of passion and is a great leader. Anyone who questions that is just moronic.

However he can go from being a man mountain one minute to being a defensive shambles the next. Personally I like him, just wish he was that little bit more consistent.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 2:56]

I suspect if he WAS more consistent, he wouldn't be playing for us still.

Not one for the faint hearted today on 09:53 - Oct 7 with 3671 viewsGeoffSentence

All those caps make you look A BIT MAD.

I guess that's why you are unstableblue, well played.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024