Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone 21:35 - Oct 31 with 4338 viewsMaySixth

get him back

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 21:40 - Oct 31 with 3582 viewsKieran_Knows

He’ll be back in January and I’ll imagine we’ll terminate Edun’s loan.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 21:43 - Oct 31 with 3563 viewsitfcjoe

Waste of time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 02:55 - Nov 1 with 3368 viewsharlingblue

If he is surplus to their requirements, get him back, far too good to be bench warming at his age. I also think that Emanuel, Woolfenden, Morris and even Dinan should be back here, pushing for a 1st team place? What do you think?
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 04:01 - Nov 1 with 3343 viewswkj

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 02:55 - Nov 1 by harlingblue

If he is surplus to their requirements, get him back, far too good to be bench warming at his age. I also think that Emanuel, Woolfenden, Morris and even Dinan should be back here, pushing for a 1st team place? What do you think?

Woolfy - Yes
Emanuel - I am beginning to think he won't make the grade here
Morris - Needs loan time to get broken in to prof. footy, although the depth in attack would be nice
Drinian - I can't possibly say

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 06:17 - Nov 1 with 3258 viewsKieran_Knows

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 02:55 - Nov 1 by harlingblue

Even if we did recall him now, he wouldn’t be able to play again until January. His loan was only into January anyway, so can’t see St Johnstone wanting to extend it given they’ve hardly played him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 07:46 - Nov 1 with 3153 viewsStokieBlue

The thing is that whilst I agree he could be a great player he can't even get in the St Johnston midfield and you're advocating bringing him back to not warm the bench here.

There is a huge amount of blue tinted specs when it comes to our homegrown players.

Of course I hope they all make it and are magnificent for us but just thought I'd point it out.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:21 - Nov 1 with 3030 viewsbraveblue

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 07:46 - Nov 1 by StokieBlue

The thing is that whilst I agree he could be a great player he can't even get in the St Johnston midfield and you're advocating bringing him back to not warm the bench here.

There is a huge amount of blue tinted specs when it comes to our homegrown players.

Of course I hope they all make it and are magnificent for us but just thought I'd point it out.

SB

Correct. Afraid he may not be good enough.
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:25 - Nov 1 with 3023 viewsbluewein

SB

My first thoughts when I read the OP.

People mock the SPL (mainly because it's crap) and Nydam can't get on the pitch at the moment.

3 managers can't all be wrong, can they?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:34 - Nov 1 with 2996 viewsitfcjoe

SB

The difference there to here is that they have no long term stake, or in reality, interest in his development.

He played 20 games last season, we’ve all seen enough to know he can cope at this level, and ideally should be kicking on - has he had Edun’s minutes here it would have been much better for us as a club.

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:42 - Nov 1 with 2970 viewsStokieBlue

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:34 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

The difference there to here is that they have no long term stake, or in reality, interest in his development.

He played 20 games last season, we’ve all seen enough to know he can cope at this level, and ideally should be kicking on - has he had Edun’s minutes here it would have been much better for us as a club.

They have an interest in fielding the best possible side though so I'm not sure your first point is valid.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:42 - Nov 1 with 2965 viewsTractorJack

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:25 - Nov 1 by bluewein

My first thoughts when I read the OP.

People mock the SPL (mainly because it's crap) and Nydam can't get on the pitch at the moment.

3 managers can't all be wrong, can they?

3 managers? Mick clearly rated him. Are you trying to imply that Hurst is one of the three that can't be wrong? lol
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:50 - Nov 1 with 2954 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:42 - Nov 1 by TractorJack

3 managers? Mick clearly rated him. Are you trying to imply that Hurst is one of the three that can't be wrong? lol

Nydam has to earn the right to play. If he was a capable of making an impact for us right now he would have forced his way into the St Johnston team comfortably. He's a prospect but he needs to fight hard for his place there. If not inwoupd say he probably needs to go play some games somewhere else on loan still.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:54 - Nov 1 with 2939 viewsbluewein

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:42 - Nov 1 by TractorJack

I haven't talked about him being rated though. He's still learning and growing. Still a kid, ain't he?

Mick rated him but clearly wanted to protect him and not throw him in at the deep end. (Producing outrage and foaming at the mouth when he didn't play)
Hurst saw it as an idea to send him out on loan to toughen him up a bit. (Not what I wanted btw)
Jock McJockstrap (I don't know who the St Johnstone manager is) isn't using him.

It might just be that he's just not ready for week in, week out football at the moment...

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 2933 viewsGuthrum

There's a little bit of the Luke Hyam about him. Can do well, but not really exceptional or consistent. Dozzell has more talent but less consistency at the moment. Downes I currently rate the highest out of the three.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:05 - Nov 1 with 2900 viewsJimmyJazz

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 04:01 - Nov 1 by wkj

Woolfy - Yes
Emanuel - I am beginning to think he won't make the grade here
Morris - Needs loan time to get broken in to prof. footy, although the depth in attack would be nice
Drinian - I can't possibly say

Emmanuel only played 3 games (according to Wikipedia) for a struggling Shrewsbury side

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:05 - Nov 1 with 2904 viewsIpswichKnight

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:57 - Nov 1 by Guthrum

There's a little bit of the Luke Hyam about him. Can do well, but not really exceptional or consistent. Dozzell has more talent but less consistency at the moment. Downes I currently rate the highest out of the three.

I'm not sure where his best position is for us, I can't see him as a defensive midfielder, he's not a winger, which only leaves attacking midfielder and both Dozzell and Nolan are ahead of him.
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:07 - Nov 1 with 2897 viewsTractorJack

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:50 - Nov 1 by Terry_Nutkins

Nydam has to earn the right to play. If he was a capable of making an impact for us right now he would have forced his way into the St Johnston team comfortably. He's a prospect but he needs to fight hard for his place there. If not inwoupd say he probably needs to go play some games somewhere else on loan still.

I just don't agree with that. If he was yet to make an appearance for us then fine, but he played enough last season and showed enough quality to at least be a bench option for us now.
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:08 - Nov 1 with 2889 viewsTractorJack

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:54 - Nov 1 by bluewein

I haven't talked about him being rated though. He's still learning and growing. Still a kid, ain't he?

Mick rated him but clearly wanted to protect him and not throw him in at the deep end. (Producing outrage and foaming at the mouth when he didn't play)
Hurst saw it as an idea to send him out on loan to toughen him up a bit. (Not what I wanted btw)
Jock McJockstrap (I don't know who the St Johnstone manager is) isn't using him.

It might just be that he's just not ready for week in, week out football at the moment...

Mick started him away at Leeds - he played well. Is that not the deep end?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 10:09]
Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:12 - Nov 1 with 2867 viewsbluewein

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:08 - Nov 1 by TractorJack

Mick started him away at Leeds - he played well. Is that not the deep end?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 10:09]

At a time when we had next to no midfielders..

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:16 - Nov 1 with 2855 viewsGuthrum

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:05 - Nov 1 by IpswichKnight

I'm not sure where his best position is for us, I can't see him as a defensive midfielder, he's not a winger, which only leaves attacking midfielder and both Dozzell and Nolan are ahead of him.

Not to mention Huws, if and when he ever reappears.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:37 - Nov 1 with 2816 viewsLeagueOne

I can't say I am inspired by the thought of a player who can't get a starting position for St Johnstone coming back here and doing any better than what we currently have... I mean some of us could probably make their bench....

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:50 - Nov 1 with 2792 viewshector_clifford

I think he may be better suited to left back. He seems a bit too slight at the moment for a place in midfield.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:54 - Nov 1 with 2780 viewsitfcjoe

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:12 - Nov 1 by bluewein

At a time when we had next to no midfielders..

He played 20 games and missed 3 months of the season injured, its fair to say Mick trusted him - and I’d value Micks opinion over Hurst or whoever the St Johnstone manager is

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:56 - Nov 1 with 2774 viewsitfcjoe

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 09:42 - Nov 1 by StokieBlue

They have an interest in fielding the best possible side though so I'm not sure your first point is valid.

SB

They play 2 in CM, one of which is there club captain and the other a senior player.

The loan system, is more often that not, a waste of anyone’s time.

Ben Morris looked good as a sub in The Championship, but yet can barely get in the 18 for Forest Green. It’s stupid, and a poor system for developing players unless you can insist players play like bigger clubs do to us.

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 22:28 - Nov 1 with 2544 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Once again, Nydam an unused sub for St Johnstone on 10:07 - Nov 1 by TractorJack

I just don't agree with that. If he was yet to make an appearance for us then fine, but he played enough last season and showed enough quality to at least be a bench option for us now.

Fair enough i respect tour opinion. Its a tricky situation. For me you are only as good as your last game. The fact he has played some games for us does not get him in our side now. Maybe he isn't cutting it in training and not kicked on. We just dont know. I dont buy it being a wasted excercise. He needs to use the loan there as a life experience and see that a career wont just happen. He has to force his way into playing. He is well down the pecking list at Ipswich.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024