Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad as it stands 10:05 - May 18 with 7903 viewsitfcjoe

GK (3) - Walton, Hladky, Hayes
RB (2) - Clarke, Donacien
LB (2) - Davis, Leigh
CB (4) - Woolfenden, Burgess, Edmundson, Ndaba, Baggott*
CM (6) - Morsy, Evans, Ball, Camara, El Mizouni, Harper, Humphreys*
W/AM (6) - Burns, Chaplin, Harness, Jackson, Edwards, Broadhead
ST (4) - Ladapo, Ahadme, Pigott, Yengi

That makes us at 27 - which is the squad limit, plus 2 youngsters in Baggott and Humphreys

It doesn't include any of the out of contract players, most notably Luongo

So we really are in a 1 in, 1 out position....because I think we can safely say Harper and Pigott will play no part for us next season

Likely that all of Ndaba, Ahadme, Yengi and El Miz fall into that category too.

But does feel we will be right up against that 25 man limit - even if those 4 don't play, we will need to lose a couple more out as well
[Post edited 18 May 2023 10:06]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad as it stands on 10:11 - May 18 with 4317 viewsKeno

Hi Joe

Whats the 'youngster' rule next year?

Would Wolfie & Clarke fi into that?
[Post edited 18 May 2023 10:12]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Squad as it stands on 10:11 - May 18 with 4318 viewsjoey_itfc

I think Ndaba/Baggott/Humphreys all go out on loan, Jackson/Harper/Ahadme/Pigott/Yengi/El Mizouni are all sold in my opinion.

It’s going to be an interesting summer but we will need to take losses on players like Ahadme/Harper/Pigott, won’t recoup much in transfer fees for them.
Squad as it stands on 10:11 - May 18 with 4306 viewsPinewoodblue

How many spaces do you feel we have to free up for new signings?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Squad as it stands on 10:15 - May 18 with 4271 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with this Joe.

I cannot see Nbada, El Miz, Harper, Ahadme, Piggott or Yengi being in the squad next season, which would create space for four new additions. I can only see Luongo being offered a new deal and that for me is not a given as KM may want some younger legs in CM next season.

I also think that Baggott and Humphreys are most likely to be out on loan to get regular game time. Although that does not change the numbers.

So assuming four players, then I would imagine 1 CB, 1 CM and 2 FW

After this, there may be some upgrading of positions.
Squad as it stands on 10:17 - May 18 with 4269 viewsxrayspecs

Squad as it stands on 10:11 - May 18 by Keno

Hi Joe

Whats the 'youngster' rule next year?

Would Wolfie & Clarke fi into that?
[Post edited 18 May 2023 10:12]

The youngster rule is the same as this season, U21 on 1 January which is odd as it is halfway through the season.

Clarke and TJJ are now counted as seniors. Humphreys and Baggott would be U21s if they are part of the first team squad. Wolfie is 24, so not a youngster anymore!
[Post edited 18 May 2023 10:18]
Squad as it stands on 10:22 - May 18 with 4233 viewsKeno

Squad as it stands on 10:17 - May 18 by xrayspecs

The youngster rule is the same as this season, U21 on 1 January which is odd as it is halfway through the season.

Clarke and TJJ are now counted as seniors. Humphreys and Baggott would be U21s if they are part of the first team squad. Wolfie is 24, so not a youngster anymore!

Thats ok, I wasnt sure if it was linked to being involved in a youth squad at some time.

I expect there will be some exits, possibly

JD
Leigh
Ball
Keogh
Harness
Evans ... maybe
Fridge ... maybe

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Squad as it stands on 10:22 - May 18 with 4231 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Squad as it stands on 10:11 - May 18 by joey_itfc

I think Ndaba/Baggott/Humphreys all go out on loan, Jackson/Harper/Ahadme/Pigott/Yengi/El Mizouni are all sold in my opinion.

It’s going to be an interesting summer but we will need to take losses on players like Ahadme/Harper/Pigott, won’t recoup much in transfer fees for them.

Is there a chance we’d have to buy Pigott out of his contract? Assuming he’s as well paid as people say then we’d be reliant on him agreeing a pay cut to move elsewhere.

I’d be very surprised if Harness isn’t moved on, an area we definitely need an upgrade so that we have some quality cover for Chaplin and Broadhead. Windass looks likely to leave Sheff Weds if (when) they don’t go up. Twine will probably be available- can’t see him getting games for Burnley in the Prem.
Squad as it stands on 10:28 - May 18 with 4172 viewsKieran_Knows

LB (2) - Davis, Leigh

I think from that list, we could see the following go;
Burgess or Edmundson
Ndaba - loan
Baggott - loan
Camara - loan
El Mizouni
Harper
Humphreys - loan
Harness
Jackson
Edwards
Pigott
Ahadme
Yengi

I keep seeing people say we don't need much, but I think it'll be a quite high turnover of players again this summer. 7-8 to come in I imagine.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Squad as it stands on 10:29 - May 18 with 4154 viewsiamipswich

Maybe Camara? If Rak-Sakyi comes in, I imagine he'll still be underage but could allow one of Harness or Edwards to go?

Poll: Who will return first?

Squad as it stands on 10:38 - May 18 with 4096 viewsitfcjoe

Squad as it stands on 10:17 - May 18 by xrayspecs

There is a difference as well, in that PL loanees who are U21 don't count in L1 and L2 as are just an u21 player - but in the Champ they are needed to be included in 25 man squad so even tighter on regs

Squad as it stands on 10:39 - May 18 with 4083 viewsVaughan8

I would suspect 6 or 7 of those have no real chance of playing (will be sold or loaned out) and i'm sure a few other fringe players who want to play regularly will go too.
Squad as it stands on 10:45 - May 18 with 4009 viewsJakeITFC

I would imagine we lose at least one of those first team players from each area there - for example Hladky, Burgess, Evans, Jackson and Ladapo (on top of the fringe players you’d expect to go).

Think this will be a summer of real upheaval tbh - it may be ruthless but these guys are at their peak value to us now and aren’t going to get a team competing for promotion in the Championship.
Squad as it stands on 10:47 - May 18 with 4002 viewsitfcjoe

Just to add my 2 pence as to what I think could happen

GK - leave as is. We need 3 and are well set, if we can find a good U21 keeper to buy and swap him with Hayes to free up a squad place then all good but feels unlikely

RB - Fine as is

LB - Fine as is

CB - Ndaba to go (loan again?) and sign a high end left footed centre back to leave us with a nice balance of 4 senior CBs. Baggott to go on loan.

CM - Harper to go, El Miz to go (loan?), one of Evans or Camara to go - new big money signing. Humphreys to stay as think we'll want 5 to cover this area and a free squad player better served staying here

W/AM - Potential to freshen up here with Jackson and Edwards most at risk

ST - Ahadme (loan), Pigott (loan/Mutual Consent), Yengi (loan)
Sign new big money number 9, sign another player with TJJ profile if not necessarily him (i.e. a 9 who can play in behind as well)

Leaves us like this

LB (2) - Davis, Leigh
CB (4) - Woolfenden, Burgess, Edmundson, NEW LCB
CM (4) - Morsy, Ball, Evans/Camara, NEW CM, Humphreys*
W/AM (6) - Burns, Chaplin, Harness, NEW RW, Jackson/Edwards, Broadhead
ST (3) - Ladapo, NEW CF, NEW VERSATILE FORWARD

That leaves us with 24, so room for another player if needed towards end of window to cover an injury or the like

That effectively is 5 new signings, that feels an absolute minimum of what we do, but think we'll end up with 7/8 and a couple more departures

Squad as it stands on 10:50 - May 18 with 3967 viewsDubtractor

Squad as it stands on 10:28 - May 18 by Kieran_Knows

LB (2) - Davis, Leigh

I think from that list, we could see the following go;
Burgess or Edmundson
Ndaba - loan
Baggott - loan
Camara - loan
El Mizouni
Harper
Humphreys - loan
Harness
Jackson
Edwards
Pigott
Ahadme
Yengi

I keep seeing people say we don't need much, but I think it'll be a quite high turnover of players again this summer. 7-8 to come in I imagine.

That we signed 4 players I'm January, from a strong starting position, should make your last point clear really.

There will be some coming and going without any doubt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Squad as it stands on 10:50 - May 18 with 3967 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad as it stands on 10:45 - May 18 by JakeITFC

I would imagine we lose at least one of those first team players from each area there - for example Hladky, Burgess, Evans, Jackson and Ladapo (on top of the fringe players you’d expect to go).

Think this will be a summer of real upheaval tbh - it may be ruthless but these guys are at their peak value to us now and aren’t going to get a team competing for promotion in the Championship.

'Think this will be a summer of real upheaval tbh - it may be ruthless but these guys are at their peak value to us now and aren’t going to get a team competing for promotion in the Championship.'

This, absolutely this.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad as it stands on 10:51 - May 18 with 3945 viewsFrimleyBlue

Out

Hladky
Kvy
Ndaba
Idris
Evans
Harper
Ahadme
Pigott
Jackson
Yengi

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Squad as it stands on 10:58 - May 18 with 3874 viewsxrayspecs

Squad as it stands on 10:38 - May 18 by itfcjoe

There is a difference as well, in that PL loanees who are U21 don't count in L1 and L2 as are just an u21 player - but in the Champ they are needed to be included in 25 man squad so even tighter on regs

Good shout. Had forgotten that bit.
Squad as it stands on 11:00 - May 18 with 3847 viewsPinewoodblue

Squad as it stands on 10:47 - May 18 by itfcjoe

GK - leave as is. We need 3 and are well set, if we can find a good U21 keeper to buy and swap him with Hayes to free up a squad place then all good but feels unlikely

RB - Fine as is

LB - Fine as is

CB - Ndaba to go (loan again?) and sign a high end left footed centre back to leave us with a nice balance of 4 senior CBs. Baggott to go on loan.

CM - Harper to go, El Miz to go (loan?), one of Evans or Camara to go - new big money signing. Humphreys to stay as think we'll want 5 to cover this area and a free squad player better served staying here

Sign new big money number 9, sign another player with TJJ profile if not necessarily him (i.e. a 9 who can play in behind as well)

Leaves us like this

LB (2) - Davis, Leigh

That leaves us with 24, so room for another player if needed towards end of window to cover an injury or the like

That effectively is 5 new signings, that feels an absolute minimum of what we do, but think we'll end up with 7/8 and a couple more departures

Sure to be a few surprises. For example if the opportunity arose could see us signing a younger, upgraded, RB and Donacien departing.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Squad as it stands on 11:15 - May 18 with 3713 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I think it'll be two players for each position. Like you say, GK, RB & LB and even W/AM on the right and C/AM we are covered.

The way I see it is Burns/Jackson for W/AM and Chaplin/Harness for C/AM.

That leaves gaps at CB, CM, W/AM and ST. For me, the spine of these positions are massive recruitment wise and probably will be the difference in pushing this squad on another level and pushing for more than just a mid table finish.

Finding another Broadhead will be key. The only name I can really think of is Scott Twine and I'd say he's better than Broadhead too. It's this type of ruthlessness in the market that'll be interesting over the summer to see what we can attract.

Players like Dom Ball will have an important role too. His versatility will be handy with the restrictions in place - 3rd/4th choice midfielder, 5th choice CB, 3rd choice full back if needed.

Players like Evans, Camara, and Edwards will need a massive pre season to fit themselves into the plans for next season.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 11:16]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Squad as it stands on 11:15 - May 18 with 3709 viewskpblues

My guess is there will be about 10 players moved on and I think the midfield will be strengthened heavily. Probably about 5 experienced coming in plus a couple of youngsters.
More than I thought at first so it could be another busy summer for the recruitment team.

My thoughts :
Leigh - decent back up but may want more game time.
Ndaba - chances limited
Baggott - Maybe stay on loan
Evans - Ok but Luongo has raised the bar so better quality required now
Ball - Never let us down but older so KM may want younger
Camara - Seems ok but Its not worked for him
Harper - League 1 rather than championship player
El Mizouni - loan or transfer.
Harness - Good player but may want more game time
Edwards - Love him but again he may want more game time
Ahadme - Hasn't really worked out
Pigott - Good player - could get some money back
Yengi - bit of an unknown t me so not sure

Whatever we do I can see a back to back promotion on the cards.

Good times.

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Squad as it stands on 11:18 - May 18 with 3684 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

RB - Fine as is

LB - Fine as is

Leaves us like this

LB (2) - Davis, Leigh

That squad is going to need serious serious upgrades to be competing for the top half imo.

Rak Sakyi would be a great start.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Squad as it stands on 11:27 - May 18 with 3623 viewsArnieM

My tuppence worth is we will need stronger CB’s, and a proven number 9 at Championship level. It’s a step higher and what we managed very well in League One might not be as effective in the Championship. We know the squad is being constantly developed with the next level (PL) in mind.
Current Players we have that I think that will be comfortable in the championship:

Walton
Clarke
Davis
Burgess
Morsy
Luongo
Humphreys
Edwards
Chaplin
Burns
Broadhead

Players who might struggle.
Woolfie
Luongo
KVY
Jackson
Edmundson
Leigh
Evans
Donacian

Loan out:
Baggott
Ndaba

Try and sign
Hirst
John -Jules

Sell:
Pigott
Ahadme
Harper
El Mizouni
Hladky
Penney
Ball

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Squad as it stands on 11:34 - May 18 with 3586 viewsHorsham

RB - Fine as is

LB - Fine as is

Leaves us like this

LB (2) - Davis, Leigh

Yeah, that looks fairly probable, maybe Luongo as the 25th player though.

Poss names:

Cashin
Taylor
Twine
Rak-Saki
TJJ
Hirst
Luongo as the 25th

All previous links apart from Cashin.
Squad as it stands on 11:50 - May 18 with 3478 viewsGavTWTD

Squad as it stands on 10:15 - May 18 by xrayspecs

Agree with this Joe.

I cannot see Nbada, El Miz, Harper, Ahadme, Piggott or Yengi being in the squad next season, which would create space for four new additions. I can only see Luongo being offered a new deal and that for me is not a given as KM may want some younger legs in CM next season.

I also think that Baggott and Humphreys are most likely to be out on loan to get regular game time. Although that does not change the numbers.

So assuming four players, then I would imagine 1 CB, 1 CM and 2 FW

After this, there may be some upgrading of positions.

I definitely think that Luongo will be offered a 1 year. Maybe a 2nd year club option. He's been so good for us and and worth a short extension but he's proven his fitness and may want a longer contract at this time of his career.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Squad as it stands on 11:55 - May 18 with 3433 viewsburnbudgiesburn

For me, we would struggle to upgrade Donacien & Leigh with better quality understudies to LB/RB.

Technically they are both more than capable at Champ level for me and crucially can cover CB if needed.

I also feel any signings made by us will look to improve the current incumbent not the 'next inline' players. So any upgrades will be to either Davis or Clarke in this situation and Leigh/JD would naturally get shifted down the pecking order.

Similarly with Harness and Edwards, you won't find many better reserves for the no.10 postion who are willing to have limited game time.

CM depends a lot on whether Luongo is here next season and if Camara is fully fit and ready to go. I'd keep Humphreys with us next season regardless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024