Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) 12:26 - Mar 6 with 1418 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:28 - Mar 6 with 1410 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes, hopefully instead of Lawrence.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:30 - Mar 6 with 1383 viewsMaySixth

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:28 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, hopefully instead of Lawrence.

controversial

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:32 - Mar 6 with 1364 viewsReuser_is_God

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:30 - Mar 6 by MaySixth

controversial

What's the point?

Mick said he got a knock which he won't recover from until he has some rest in the summer.

Given that he'll never be our player there is no point in playing him.

Evans out

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:34 - Mar 6 with 1355 viewshoppy

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:32 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

What's the point?

Mick said he got a knock which he won't recover from until he has some rest in the summer.

Well, apart from a crocked Lawrence, bar Saturday, is still a class above most of the rest of our squad for the rest of this season...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:36 - Mar 6 with 1333 viewsReuser_is_God

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:34 - Mar 6 by hoppy

Well, apart from a crocked Lawrence, bar Saturday, is still a class above most of the rest of our squad for the rest of this season...

By the playing him now does nothing for the long/medium term development of our team.

Evans out

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:45 - Mar 6 with 1278 viewsitfcjoe

I think he has been for last couple of games - but in the 'travelling party' of 20/21 rather than the final 18. If you look at the players involved on Saturday, who aren't involved today there is also Luke Hyam and Paul Digby.

U23s are there for senior players to get fit in, and once they are fit they graduate back into the senior team if that makes sense - especially if we have a midweek game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:45 - Mar 6 with 1266 viewsMaySixth

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:36 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

By the playing him now does nothing for the long/medium term development of our team.

Personally I don't think we are s good enough team to rest Lawrence even though he's not technically our player.

I'd start with Lawrence and replace him with Rowe with 30 miutes to go if it's not happening.

I'd like to see Ben Morris feature at some stage this season if we are not playing Pitman.

He really impressed me for the U23s a couple of weeks ago.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:46 - Mar 6 with 1253 viewsSwailsey

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:45 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

I think he has been for last couple of games - but in the 'travelling party' of 20/21 rather than the final 18. If you look at the players involved on Saturday, who aren't involved today there is also Luke Hyam and Paul Digby.

U23s are there for senior players to get fit in, and once they are fit they graduate back into the senior team if that makes sense - especially if we have a midweek game

Thoughts on him Joe?

MM seemed pleased with his U23 performances (standing ovation and all that), but he hasn't really been mentioned regarding a first team place..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:46 - Mar 6 with 1246 viewsitfcjoe

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:45 - Mar 6 by MaySixth

Personally I don't think we are s good enough team to rest Lawrence even though he's not technically our player.

I'd start with Lawrence and replace him with Rowe with 30 miutes to go if it's not happening.

I'd like to see Ben Morris feature at some stage this season if we are not playing Pitman.

He really impressed me for the U23s a couple of weeks ago.

We've paid a presumably significant fee for Lawrence, and he has done very well for us.

Would be an unfair way to treat a player to not play him, when he is effectively in the shop window.

If he does have a genuine knock, then no need to play him through it - which is basically what happened with Fraser last year at the end.

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:47 - Mar 6 with 1236 viewsitfcjoe

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:46 - Mar 6 by Swailsey

Thoughts on him Joe?

MM seemed pleased with his U23 performances (standing ovation and all that), but he hasn't really been mentioned regarding a first team place..

I've only seen him for a half and he looked good, but is stepping up from 2 training sessions a week as a part timer to the Championship - has got a 3.5 year deal so will get his opportunity here - just no need to rush him yet

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:48 - Mar 6 with 1223 viewsSwailsey

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:47 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

I've only seen him for a half and he looked good, but is stepping up from 2 training sessions a week as a part timer to the Championship - has got a 3.5 year deal so will get his opportunity here - just no need to rush him yet

Good to hear. I'm pretty excited about what he can offer - the length of contract suggests there really is something there.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:49 - Mar 6 with 1221 viewsCaptainObvious

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:32 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

What's the point?

Given that he's our best player by a mile and we're not even winning games with him in the team, i'd say we're not safe from relegation if we drop him.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:52 - Mar 6 with 1182 viewsReuser_is_God

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:46 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

We've paid a presumably significant fee for Lawrence, and he has done very well for us.

Would be an unfair way to treat a player to not play him, when he is effectively in the shop window.

If he does have a genuine knock, then no need to play him through it - which is basically what happened with Fraser last year at the end.

Evans out

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:59 - Mar 6 with 1146 viewsitfcjoe

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:52 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

That doesn't really give much of an indication of how bad it is - would guess most players have knocks at the moment

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:05 - Mar 6 with 1097 viewsBluebell

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:52 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

Why did I read that and imagine Lawrence going to Bournemouth, taking off his leg and letting it float in the sea!
No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:06 - Mar 6 with 1084 viewsReuser_is_God

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:59 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

That doesn't really give much of an indication of how bad it is - would guess most players have knocks at the moment

Agree but to keep playing a loanee who isn't 100% fit in a nothing season is pointless.

Evans out

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:07 - Mar 6 with 1070 viewshoppy

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:05 - Mar 6 by Bluebell

Why did I read that and imagine Lawrence going to Bournemouth, taking off his leg and letting it float in the sea!

Because you're mad?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:09 - Mar 6 with 1050 viewsKieran_Knows

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:06 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

Agree but to keep playing a loanee who isn't 100% fit in a nothing season is pointless.

Tough one considering he's been our main man since the turn of the year.

Rowe needs to get himself on the bench, then get a few cameo appearances from there. IF we are safe with 4-5 games left, I would probably then look at giving Rowe the game time over Lawrence.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:10 - Mar 6 with 1044 viewsBluebell

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:07 - Mar 6 by hoppy

Because you're mad?

True......

and I have a vivid imagination.
No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 13:55 - Mar 6 with 905 viewstextbackup

No Danny Rowe for U-23s.... is he in the squad for tomorrow? (n/t) on 12:30 - Mar 6 by MaySixth

controversial

True tho. I'd also now have Berra on the bench with smith getting starts. Berra is off so pointless him playing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024