Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. 11:30 - Apr 8 with 22707 viewsIpswichTownNL

This week I was talking to an Ipswich mate when he mentioned he heard a rumour that ‘Town would get a Dutch manager that was currently not working in the Eredivisie (Dutch PL)’. I asked where he heard this and his answer was ‘a gas station in Cardiff’. I obviously laughed it away and told him that there would only be one manager in the Dutch Championship (Jupiler League) that I would want to see at Town; Maurice Steijn. He’s the current manager of VVV-Venlo a club that I support since I can walk.

I didn’t put much thought into the whole thing. This week the rumours of a ‘Dutch consortium’ came about and I still didn’t think much of it. Last night at the VVV game we were talking about Steijn and how he hasn’t renewed his contract yet despite VVV going up in a matter of days. I told a mate I heard a rumour that Town would get a Dutch Manager and that it might be Steijn. He immediately said ‘Well, in that case ‘The Carpet King’ has be involved. And that actually makes sense.

Who’s ‘The Carpet King’? His name is John van Zweden. A former ADO den Haag Hooligan who bought 1/5 of Swansea City about 25 years ago for 50k. Fast forward 25 years and last year van Zweden sold his interest in Swansea for about 20 million pound. Van Zweden and Steijn are very good mates. I also know van Zweden has a huge soft spot for Ipswich. I follow him on twitter where I repeatedly seen him talk about Ipswich with Tom van Hulsen (writher of the book ‘Game Changers’ on Muhren and Thijssen) about how the club should be in in the Premier League and just last night he tweeted that Steijn would be a perfect manager for Town.

He’s also a bit of controversial person. Like I said he’s former Hooligan with ‘f*ck you money’ and pretty much behaves that way. He called the current Chinese owner of ADO a gook and what not. He’s called The Carpet King (actually The Wall Paper King, but I like Carpet King better, lol) because he — still — has a wallpaper and carpet shop in The Hague.

So, if there is such a thing as a Dutch Consortium odds are likely van Zweden is involved. Obviously 20 Million Pounds isn’t going to get you anywhere but maybe he got some people interested in repeating the Swansea story at Ipswich. I would like him being involved in Town very much over some Chinese or Arab fellow. He’s a proper football man that for sure.

With regard to Steijn. Good manager. Though as nails and doesn’t seem to have any favourites in a team. I haven’t disagreed with his starting line up once in 3 years.

So, make of this what you want. Probably not much but thought it was worth sharing.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:34 - Apr 8 with 8643 viewsClausThomsen

I hope this happens.

I hope anything happens.

ASAP.
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:41 - Apr 8 with 8604 viewsmonty_radio

Just the sort of new owner we need who can wallpaper over our fading infrastructure and carpet the loos. Not sure the ex-hoolie bit would sit well with the likes of Sheepie and Lady Cobbold though.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:42 - Apr 8 with 8594 viewssolemio

Thanks for this, ITNL.

Interesting speculation - unlike so much speculation. Time will tell and all that.
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:46 - Apr 8 with 8583 viewsNorthern_Blue81

He tweeted this last night -

To add fuel to the fire!
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:54 - Apr 8 with 8486 viewsMJallday

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:46 - Apr 8 by Northern_Blue81

To add fuel to the fire!

see now i find this weird. why would he even message town?

i guess the truth will become clear soon

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:56 - Apr 8 with 8452 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just cum.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:58 - Apr 8 with 8463 viewsNorthern_Blue81

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:54 - Apr 8 by MJallday

see now i find this weird. why would he even message town?

i guess the truth will become clear soon

From reading his twitter page, he does not seem like the kind of man who would mince his words. Either way a man with a passion for football and ITFC will do me.
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:01 - Apr 8 with 8437 viewsRonFearonsHair

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 11:46 - Apr 8 by Northern_Blue81

To add fuel to the fire!

Login to get fewer ads

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:06 - Apr 8 with 8348 viewsLord_Lucan

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:01 - Apr 8 by RonFearonsHair

Bentley is gonna love him

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:11 - Apr 8 with 8339 viewsblaggers

Seems he's been to see us before...

Poll: What happens next?

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 8212 viewstaximan

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:06 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

Bentley is gonna love him

if carlsberg did new owners of itfc.....
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 8224 viewsMJallday

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:11 - Apr 8 by blaggers

Seems he's been to see us before...

ill sort this. ive just asked him.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:20 - Apr 8 with 8205 viewsNorthern_Blue81

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:19 - Apr 8 by MJallday

Like it!
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:21 - Apr 8 with 8191 viewshoofer

If there is a god please let this happen,potentially could be the ignition that the club needs to propel to higher things and unite the town again and bring back ,dare I say it the good old days.
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 8154 viewsLord_Lucan

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:19 - Apr 8 by MJallday

Just when you really need a banning order

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 8165 viewsMJallday

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:20 - Apr 8 by Northern_Blue81

Like it!

hes dutch - hasnt responded yet. he'll be on a bicycle, or sh1tting up someones arm or something*

* no i dont know what dutch people do.

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 8120 viewsNorthern_Blue81

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:22 - Apr 8 by MJallday

hes dutch - hasnt responded yet. he'll be on a bicycle, or sh1tting up someones arm or something*

* no i dont know what dutch people do.

He will be watching Swansea beat West Ham...
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:27 - Apr 8 with 8094 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I've heard a rumour that within a week of buying the club he is going to change the colour of our kit to a nice floral blend of orange, yellows and purples, take the horse from the badge and add a windmill, and change our nickname to 'The Clog Boys'.

van Zweden OUT!

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:34 - Apr 8 with 8008 viewsPhilTWTD

Whisper has been around for a while re Steijn but his agent has heard only whispers.

Re John van Zweden, not sure he's of the wealth to take over Town. He's one of Tom van Hulsen's friends which may account for some of his Town-related stuff (may well have talked to Tom re the Steijn rumours, we've spoken to him this week and quotes from agent came via him [Edit]Turns out he's good mates with Steijn as well[/Edit]).

[Edit]John v Z has told Tom definitely not taking over Town, he's a Swan, he says[/edit]

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31494

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:41 - Apr 8 with 7908 viewsNorthern_Blue81

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:34 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

Whisper has been around for a while re Steijn but his agent has heard only whispers.

Re John van Zweden, not sure he's of the wealth to take over Town. He's one of Tom van Hulsen's friends which may account for some of his Town-related stuff (may well have talked to Tom re the Steijn rumours, we've spoken to him this week and quotes from agent came via him [Edit]Turns out he's good mates with Steijn as well[/Edit]).

[Edit]John v Z has told Tom definitely not taking over Town, he's a Swan, he says[/edit]

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31494

This post has been edited by an administrator

Good stuff.
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:48 - Apr 8 with 7816 viewsbournemouthblue

Roll over Messers Curbishley and Coppinger

Early runner for TWTD rumour of the year 2017

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:50 - Apr 8 with 7803 viewsMJallday

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:48 - Apr 8 by bournemouthblue

Roll over Messers Curbishley and Coppinger

Early runner for TWTD rumour of the year 2017

sorry to burst everyones bubble

edit - phil - i want a "TWTD understands" story out of this credited to me. :)

[Post edited 8 Apr 2017 12:53]

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:53 - Apr 8 with 7729 viewsLord_Lucan

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:50 - Apr 8 by MJallday

sorry to burst everyones bubble

edit - phil - i want a "TWTD understands" story out of this credited to me. :)

[Post edited 8 Apr 2017 12:53]

Feck you Allday

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:54 - Apr 8 with 7735 viewsMJallday

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:53 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

Feck you Allday

i had to ask didnt i...

The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. on 12:54 - Apr 8 with 7736 viewsitfcjoe

This sounds awesome, I would love it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024