Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… 18:54 - Oct 11 with 4739 viewsKieran_Knows

… but won’t pay compensation for him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 18:58 - Oct 11 with 4303 viewsTrequartista

Middlesbrough and West Bromwich are only 4 or 5 places above on us on the ladder and don't have any greater potential than us regarding financial backing and size of club.

He won't go to either of them.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

When it’s a managerless club with 30k+ crowds, bigger history/fan base and mon on 19:48 - Oct 11 with 4003 viewsunstableblue

… then we can worry!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:50 - Oct 11 with 3980 viewsMullet

Genuinely don't think they could prise him away even if they were willing to stump up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:50 - Oct 11 with 3978 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would like a Ferrari but I am not prepared to pay the price nor the insurance for one. As I am not a thief either I won't be getting one. Why is no one Tweeting about this as well? What a ridiculous Tweet.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:52 - Oct 11 with 3947 viewsRadlett_blue

Given McKenna has made a promising start at Town & ticks a few boxes (ex Man U coach etc) I think we have to prepare ourselves for him being put in the frame when almost every Championship club sacks a manager. Unless he gets a really attractive offer, I think he realises he's better off getting some solid achievement under his belt here, rather than moving on. If we go up & then he feels he isn't being backed, then a different matter.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:53 - Oct 11 with 3937 viewsJ2BLUE

It's something he can claim without any proof, that will never need any proof because he's said he doesn't want to pay compensation and that makes this tweet more interesting to two big fanbases...

I'm sceptical there's anything at all in this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:56 - Oct 11 with 3876 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

My son & I were talking at the weekend about what makes a club "big". I maintain that history is one important factor, albeit does fade to some extent over time. Whilst as a youngster he can't remember when ITFC were a real force, it means that some clubs can legitimately claim that to have won various things that other clubs can't, even if they have spent more time in the Premier League more recently.

Football did not start with the creation of the Premier League.
So, what have Boro won?
Division 2 4 times, most recently 94/95.
Never been champions of England
Never won the FA Cup
Never won a European competition (runners up UEFA Cup 2005/6.)
Average home attendance this season: 24,878

And West Brom:
Champions of England 1919/20
5 FA Cup wins, most recently 1968
UEFA Cup: Quarters 1978/79
Average home attendance: 22,214

West Brom have excellent domestic history, but hardly any within living memory.

Compare to ITFC:
Champions of England 61/62
FA Cup Winners 1978
UEFA Cup winners 80/81
Average home attendance: 25,298

Added to that who wants a relegation battle compared to a charge to promotion and possibly being a league higher this time next year? Or a club with a Board who have record of making terrible decisions, and sacking managers every year, compared to GC20 who are fully invested and will back him to the hilt?
Kieran is a lot smarter than that.

Poll: would you rather

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:56 - Oct 11 with 3873 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:53 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

It's something he can claim without any proof, that will never need any proof because he's said he doesn't want to pay compensation and that makes this tweet more interesting to two big fanbases...

It would only be of any interest if McKenna was out of work. To state they won't pay compensation means there is only a point in speculating over out-of-work managers. It is a ridiculous Tweet.

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:57 - Oct 11 with 3861 viewsBobsthename

They can all fcuk right off.
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:58 - Oct 11 with 3848 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I don't see any need for us to worry about losing him. He's taken such a patient path into management, speaks so thoughtfully about the game and seems genuinely happy. Will take much, much bigger than Harry Ramsden FC to prise him away from us.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:04 - Oct 11 with 3792 viewsthe_toff

I don’t think there are any Championship clubs KM would leave for right now. He’s smart enough to know that we could be there ourselves in 6 months and it’ll be far more impressive to get there through promotion than jumping ship.

There’s a handful of clubs we can realistically lose him to over the next few months and they’re the lower PL clubs. Leicester, Villa or Southampton being the main threats I would say, should they show interest. Celtic perhaps another if Ange moves on.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 20:07]
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:08 - Oct 11 with 3736 viewsEastTownBlue

"held in high regard" = "want McKenna" ?
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:20 - Oct 11 with 3623 viewsChurchman

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:04 - Oct 11 by the_toff

I don’t think there are any Championship clubs KM would leave for right now. He’s smart enough to know that we could be there ourselves in 6 months and it’ll be far more impressive to get there through promotion than jumping ship.

There’s a handful of clubs we can realistically lose him to over the next few months and they’re the lower PL clubs. Leicester, Villa or Southampton being the main threats I would say, should they show interest. Celtic perhaps another if Ange moves on.

A Villa or a Leeds maybe. There’s nothing to gain going to a Leicester, Southampton or Brighton.

I’ll be very surprised if he goes any time soon. But tbh, the structure of the club has been put in place and it is moving forward. If KM wants part of it brilliant - I think he’s got a great future and can do an awful lot here before he moves on. It’ll take more than a club like M’boro with its green air to tempt him away.
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:41 - Oct 11 with 3419 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:20 - Oct 11 by Churchman

A Villa or a Leeds maybe. There’s nothing to gain going to a Leicester, Southampton or Brighton.

I’ll be very surprised if he goes any time soon. But tbh, the structure of the club has been put in place and it is moving forward. If KM wants part of it brilliant - I think he’s got a great future and can do an awful lot here before he moves on. It’ll take more than a club like M’boro with its green air to tempt him away.

I actually think he would (EDIT: ONLY) consider a club that is well run and appropriately backed. He came to us for a reason. Even if ME had been imaginative enough to have approached him, I doubt he would have joined us.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 20:44]

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:48 - Oct 11 with 3355 viewsIllinoisblue

I too would like to win the lottery without buying a ticket.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 00:45 - Oct 12 with 2819 viewsBigCommon

Yeah, they want him so much, that they think he's worth fk/all.
Not that he'd go there.
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:05 - Oct 12 with 2312 viewsitfcjoe

Leicester, Southampton and Brighton are streets ahead of us as a club whilst being of a similar size. Training grounds, academies, sports science and the like - they are the sort of clubs we need to be worried about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:06 - Oct 12 with 2286 viewsJ2BLUE

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:56 - Oct 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

It would only be of any interest if McKenna was out of work. To state they won't pay compensation means there is only a point in speculating over out-of-work managers. It is a ridiculous Tweet.

You're literally commenting about it on a thread about the tweet!

Anything remotely Town related gets repeated/shared to death. I'm sure it's the same with Coventry.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:14 - Oct 12 with 2194 viewsGarv

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 20:04 - Oct 11 by the_toff

I'm not sure any of those three would be looking anywhere near McKenna to be honest, especially Villa and Leicester.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:15 - Oct 12 with 2186 viewsSteve_M

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 19:53 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Well quite, the implicit meaning that they won't go for McK because they don't want to pay compensation is not exactly hidden.

The bed wetting every time a club changes manager is getting a little bit tedious.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:16 - Oct 12 with 2166 viewschicoazul

Nothing to gain by going to Premier League clubs??? Lulz. The delusion of some fans knows no bounds.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:37 - Oct 12 with 2038 viewspelles321

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:05 - Oct 12 by itfcjoe

Leicester, Southampton and Brighton are streets ahead of us as a club whilst being of a similar size. Training grounds, academies, sports science and the like - they are the sort of clubs we need to be worried about

I agree, and the positive about this is when was the last time a club of that level appointed a league 1 manager with less than a year of management experience?

From our perspective he has been great so far and we feel he’ll go a long way in the game. The clubs we are worried about, I would expect they’d want to at least see he could manage in the championship. Makes sense to do that with us with a league 1 promotion on the cv.
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:37 - Oct 12 with 2024 viewsstonojnr

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:16 - Oct 12 by chicoazul

Nothing to gain by going to Premier League clubs??? Lulz. The delusion of some fans knows no bounds.

The point being he is at the beginning of his career and if he jumps to the PL too soon, and fails in whatever crazy way the PL teams consider not success now, that could be game over for his career, however well regarded he is, he's not a Lampard who clubs at the top tier will just keep giving jobs to however badly they do hoping he eventually gets it right.

The more success he achieves lower leagues first the easier it will be to move to the PL and then be given more time to find the success there
Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:59 - Oct 12 with 1895 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

This has to be a joke.....

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 10:18 - Oct 12 with 1797 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Middlesbrough want McKenna as new manager… on 09:37 - Oct 12 by stonojnr

The point being he is at the beginning of his career and if he jumps to the PL too soon, and fails in whatever crazy way the PL teams consider not success now, that could be game over for his career, however well regarded he is, he's not a Lampard who clubs at the top tier will just keep giving jobs to however badly they do hoping he eventually gets it right.

The more success he achieves lower leagues first the easier it will be to move to the PL and then be given more time to find the success there

“and fails in whatever crazy way the PL teams consider not success now”

I know it’s popular to act like PL teams are sacking managers left right and centre but it’s a myth. Statistcally he’s more likely to be sacked in League One - 39% of teams in League One have sacked a manager mid-season compared to 31% in the PL

Even if he did get sacked he’d just fall back down to a similar level that he’s at now, so hardly game over

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024