Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One slightly amusing thought… 07:24 - May 9 with 3312 viewshoppy

Stadium:MK will be hosting League 2 games next season.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One slightly amusing thought… on 07:37 - May 9 with 3230 viewsEly_Blue

Whilst the sh!te hole that is Kenilworth Road could be hosting premier league games

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

One slightly amusing thought… on 07:48 - May 9 with 3165 viewshoppy

One slightly amusing thought… on 07:37 - May 9 by Ely_Blue

Whilst the sh!te hole that is Kenilworth Road could be hosting premier league games

What is their capacity there?

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:02 - May 9 with 3081 viewsChurchman

One slightly amusing thought… on 07:48 - May 9 by hoppy

I think it’s about 10,000. They are building a new stadium but I’ve no idea when for.

Kenilworth Road was always a dump of a ground. Despite roofing what was the open end, it still is by the look of it.

As it goes, hav8ng watched Sunderland yesterday, I suspect we will be playing Luton again next season.
One slightly amusing thought… on 08:04 - May 9 with 3043 viewsFunge

One slightly amusing thought… on 07:48 - May 9 by hoppy

About 11k.

Went there for a Carling cup game against them maybe 6 years ago - Waghorn's debut, Woolf's too, I think.

Think we won 2-0.

It's obviously a pretty crap ground - but I'd rather have 10 trips there than, say, 1 to Reading.
One slightly amusing thought… on 08:16 - May 9 with 2988 viewsFtnfwest

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:02 - May 9 by Churchman

I think it’s about 10,000. They are building a new stadium but I’ve no idea when for.

Kenilworth Road was always a dump of a ground. Despite roofing what was the open end, it still is by the look of it.

As it goes, hav8ng watched Sunderland yesterday, I suspect we will be playing Luton again next season.

new stadium is a minimum of 3-4 years away
One slightly amusing thought… on 08:18 - May 9 with 2965 viewshoppy

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:16 - May 9 by Ftnfwest

new stadium is a minimum of 3-4 years away

They could always do a ground swap up the road for now!

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:20 - May 9 with 2954 viewswkj

Even more amusing is that we got promoted and don't have to go to The Madejski hell hole!

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:24 - May 9 with 2923 viewswkj

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:02 - May 9 by Churchman

I looked this up and was surprised. The Premier Leagues minimum required capacity is 5000 with 2000 seated which is a Football League rule that applies to L2 and above. It seems crazy really.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:30 - May 9 with 2891 viewsFixed_It

I drove past Stadium MK yesterday. My only thought...what a waste!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:50 - May 9 with 2829 viewsRadlett_blue

One slightly amusing thought… on 07:37 - May 9 by Ely_Blue

Luton Town should merge with Milton Keynes & move to their stadium. Sorted!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:56 - May 9 with 2783 viewsKeno

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:30 - May 9 by Fixed_It

Did you need to include the Stadium in the post?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

One slightly amusing thought… on 10:01 - May 9 with 2639 viewsADStephenson

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:30 - May 9 by Fixed_It

Maybe dropping down a division will revitalise their fan base and see them drawing huge increases in home support. They might even get 2000 home fans for a couple of matches...
Is there any chance that our total away support over the past few seasons will exceed the total away support for all of next season? What sort of numbers do League 2 teams take to away games?

www.adstephenson.com

One slightly amusing thought… on 10:08 - May 9 with 2584 viewsFunge

One slightly amusing thought… on 10:01 - May 9 by ADStephenson

Maybe dropping down a division will revitalise their fan base and see them drawing huge increases in home support. They might even get 2000 home fans for a couple of matches...
Is there any chance that our total away support over the past few seasons will exceed the total away support for all of next season? What sort of numbers do League 2 teams take to away games?

Bradford and (weirdly) Carlisle both travel in good numbers in that league, both regularly take over 1k to away games, and I'd imagine that Wrexham and Notts County (if they make it) will travel in numbers too....

Otherwise, as we've seen with FGR, Morecambe, Accy and Burton - you'll be looking at a couple of hundred, at most.

I'd be surprised if there were more than 7k away fans, in total, at MK next year.
One slightly amusing thought… on 10:19 - May 9 with 2550 viewsSharkey

One slightly amusing thought… on 10:01 - May 9 by ADStephenson

Some regular away fans still decline to give MK their money. Northampton have been promoted and will not be in that league, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their fans would have refused to go there.

On the whole though, League 2 fans travel in good numbers. if Notts Co come up, their revitalised fan base will probably make the shortish journey in large numbers. I suspect Wrexham will hugely increase gates everywhere they go because I think this soap opera is going to grow and grow . Bradford (if they're still down and going well) can take big support. Stockport js another team with a very enthusiastic fan base at the moment.

Even the likes of Grimsby and Colchester can take a thousand there if it's at the weekend, so I very much doubt that the Town total wouldn't be caught pretty easily.

(Edit - just re-read the post I replied to, and I see it was the Town support 'over 'he last few seasons'. That of course is more difficult to match. What would it total? )
[Post edited 9 May 2023 10:31]
One slightly amusing thought… on 12:51 - May 9 with 2268 viewsHighgateBlue

One slightly amusing thought… on 08:24 - May 9 by wkj

I looked this up and was surprised. The Premier Leagues minimum required capacity is 5000 with 2000 seated which is a Football League rule that applies to L2 and above. It seems crazy really.

I love that even an entity like the Premier League, which has been all about money since its inception, and only getting worse in that regard, lets teams in on footballing merit. I've always been dismayed by rugby union's unwillingness to let teams into the top division even where they win the league below, based on excessive criteria relating to ground and facilities.

Luton is a pretty horrid place and a ramshackle stadium, but I'd far rather have that in the Premier League (and many of us remember them in the old division one), than the likes of MK or other plastic stadia teams of a not dissimilar size.
One slightly amusing thought… on 14:29 - May 9 with 2085 viewsADStephenson

One slightly amusing thought… on 10:19 - May 9 by Sharkey

Some regular away fans still decline to give MK their money. Northampton have been promoted and will not be in that league, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their fans would have refused to go there.

On the whole though, League 2 fans travel in good numbers. if Notts Co come up, their revitalised fan base will probably make the shortish journey in large numbers. I suspect Wrexham will hugely increase gates everywhere they go because I think this soap opera is going to grow and grow . Bradford (if they're still down and going well) can take big support. Stockport js another team with a very enthusiastic fan base at the moment.

Even the likes of Grimsby and Colchester can take a thousand there if it's at the weekend, so I very much doubt that the Town total wouldn't be caught pretty easily.

(Edit - just re-read the post I replied to, and I see it was the Town support 'over 'he last few seasons'. That of course is more difficult to match. What would it total? )
[Post edited 9 May 2023 10:31]

I have no idea, but went to MK three times (did we only play there 3 times with one cancelled due to covid?). If it was 3, I would say 15,000 would be a fairly conservative estimate, maybe closer to 18k or even 20k. If we went there 4 times, obviously even higher. So my question was, will MK get more away fans than that over their 23 home games next season?

www.adstephenson.com

One slightly amusing thought… on 16:41 - May 9 with 1930 viewsSharkey

One slightly amusing thought… on 14:29 - May 9 by ADStephenson

I have no idea, but went to MK three times (did we only play there 3 times with one cancelled due to covid?). If it was 3, I would say 15,000 would be a fairly conservative estimate, maybe closer to 18k or even 20k. If we went there 4 times, obviously even higher. So my question was, will MK get more away fans than that over their 23 home games next season?

Shouldn't think so, unless the fixtures throw up a fixture list with, say, Wrexham first game up at the end of July, Notts County on a bank holiday weekend, and then Bradford going for promotion.

But there are plenty who'd say that throwing lots of money M.K.Dons's way is not something to crow about anyway. I doubt AFC Wimbledon will take many.
One slightly amusing thought… on 17:09 - May 9 with 1865 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we can all hope that MK Dons are only in league two for one season...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One slightly amusing thought… on 18:30 - May 9 with 1741 viewspointofblue

Not for the first time - they've had three seasons in League Two already (2006/2007, 2007/2008 and 2018/2019).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

One slightly amusing thought… on 20:29 - May 9 with 1531 viewshype313

"Build it and then they will come"

Unless it's Milton Keynes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If Wednesday and Sunderland both win their play-offs.... on 20:55 - May 9 with 1469 viewsolimar

then all 4 teams from the L1 Play-offs last season will be separated across all 4 divisions.
Sunderland- PL
Wednesday- Championship
Wycombe- L1
MK Dons- L2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024