Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn is a massive game... 11:45 - Jan 8 with 3688 viewsITFCBlues

If we lose that, we're dragged right into the relegation scrap. Especially with the games we have for the remainder of Jan and then Feb - it's hard to see where we'd pick up many points...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:01 - Jan 8 with 1062 viewsPJH

Blackburn is a massive game... on 14:54 - Jan 8 by Dyland

We need to put our opinions of the manager and his tactics/selections to one side during the game and get behind the team. You can't help groaning when players duff it up but please don't jeer/boo/chant against anything ITFC during the game. Leave it until the end.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Which is perfectly sensible but getting the right response to it might depend on the people that are going to games negative or worse being perfectly sensible.

At the moment the players must dread playing at PR because in an actual away game they know which parts of the ground are against them,currently at home they do not find that out until the game has been ongoing for a few minutes.

If everyone that goes to games claiming to support ITFC actually do support ITFC during games then it would be so much better for those on the pitch and those off the pitch.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:04 - Jan 8 with 1047 viewsTractorWood

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:01 - Jan 8 by PJH

Which is perfectly sensible but getting the right response to it might depend on the people that are going to games negative or worse being perfectly sensible.

At the moment the players must dread playing at PR because in an actual away game they know which parts of the ground are against them,currently at home they do not find that out until the game has been ongoing for a few minutes.

If everyone that goes to games claiming to support ITFC actually do support ITFC during games then it would be so much better for those on the pitch and those off the pitch.

True to an extent and some go to just be poisonously negative. However, that said about 50% sit in silence whatever the scenario!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:08 - Jan 8 with 1042 viewsPJH

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:04 - Jan 8 by TractorWood

True to an extent and some go to just be poisonously negative. However, that said about 50% sit in silence whatever the scenario!

Also true but even silence has to be better than chants against your own team doesn't it?

Almost every game is an away game for the players at the moment which cannot be good for anyone.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:17 - Jan 8 with 1028 viewsTractorWood

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:08 - Jan 8 by PJH

Also true but even silence has to be better than chants against your own team doesn't it?

Almost every game is an away game for the players at the moment which cannot be good for anyone.

Marginally better perhaps, but equally questionable. A few tried to get a super Mick chant going early yesterday in the North and a few robustly shouted them down.

I will go to Lincoln away and then might take a small break from aways, watching Ipswich feels very difficult and our followings have been a bit unproductive. Also to be brutally honest I'm sick of the same tactical shortcomings not being addressed or acknowledged.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 15:22]

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:23 - Jan 8 with 1015 viewsPJH

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:17 - Jan 8 by TractorWood

Marginally better perhaps, but equally questionable. A few tried to get a super Mick chant going early yesterday in the North and a few robustly shouted them down.

I will go to Lincoln away and then might take a small break from aways, watching Ipswich feels very difficult and our followings have been a bit unproductive. Also to be brutally honest I'm sick of the same tactical shortcomings not being addressed or acknowledged.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 15:22]

I was in Churchmans yesterday for the first time since (I think) 1980 and from there did not realise that anybody said anything in the North Stand.

I intend to go to Lincoln and have got tickets for Huddersfield.

Going to Ipswich games is also difficult for me at the moment but in my case it is because of what goes on off the pitch during games.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:27 - Jan 8 with 1006 viewsTractorWood

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:23 - Jan 8 by PJH

I was in Churchmans yesterday for the first time since (I think) 1980 and from there did not realise that anybody said anything in the North Stand.

I intend to go to Lincoln and have got tickets for Huddersfield.

Going to Ipswich games is also difficult for me at the moment but in my case it is because of what goes on off the pitch during games.

My first memories of Town are at the age of 4/5 in the early 90's in the Churchman's 8 or so rows back from the seemingly massive Craig Forrest in goal. TWTD.

Have sat in most sections of all stands and only really feel comfortable in the lower North.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 15:29]

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:36 - Jan 8 with 984 viewsPJH

Blackburn is a massive game... on 15:27 - Jan 8 by TractorWood

My first memories of Town are at the age of 4/5 in the early 90's in the Churchman's 8 or so rows back from the seemingly massive Craig Forrest in goal. TWTD.

Have sat in most sections of all stands and only really feel comfortable in the lower North.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 15:29]

During my 55/56/57 years of going to PR I graduated from standing on a stool on the wall in the West Stand to West Stand without a stool to North Stand(1968-1973)followed by Churchmans until getting a season ticket in 1980/81.

I do feel fortunate to have been born at the right time to see what I have seen from our club but I get wound up now by all the negativity off the pitch.

My seat in Churchmans yesterday was seemingly more or less where I used to stand throughout the mid to late 1970's.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:07 - Jan 8 with 929 viewsbraveblue

We are in it already!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:24 - Jan 8 with 909 viewsDebenBlue

Blackburn is a massive game... on 14:45 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

Something would need to change for us to be in a relegation battle though, we'd need to have a run of defeats (which hasn't happened all season) and the sides below us would also need to experience an upturn in form. If we carry on as we have been we'll finish safely in mid table. That's not even an opinion, that's simply a fact based on our form over the 25 games we've already played this season.

I just don't see us picking up many point over the next 6 weeks, I hope I'm mistaken but confidence looks at an all time low after yesterday. Blackburn are improving, I'm honestly believe those beneath us will catch up by End of Feb and we will have a battle on our hands, we are in decline and wins over Wigan & Bristol City do not inspire me with confidence.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:25 - Jan 8 with 903 viewsoldbluestu

Blackburn is a massive game... on 12:55 - Jan 8 by ITFCBlues

I didn't assume we'd lose? I said if we did lose? There's a lot of difficult games coming as well - we've shown little sign of beating anyone half decent recently

But neither have the sides below us shown much sign of beating anybody.
No way will we be relegated
Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:38 - Jan 8 with 884 viewsGuthrum

Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:07 - Jan 8 by braveblue

We are in it already!!!

No, we're not. As things stand, we're 7 points and 7 places (plus 7 GD) above the team in 22nd, with better form than all bar two of those below us (Wolves and Cardiff) and a fair bit better than Birmingham a couple of places above.

Unless something changes (i.e. we get much worse), Ipswich aren't anywhere near being in a relegation battle. We're only 11 points off a total which would have kept us safe in four out of the last five seasons (the exception being 2012-13, when Peterborough were relegated on 54 and they were the lowest of nine teams separated by just 6 points).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 861 viewsPJH

Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:38 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

No, we're not. As things stand, we're 7 points and 7 places (plus 7 GD) above the team in 22nd, with better form than all bar two of those below us (Wolves and Cardiff) and a fair bit better than Birmingham a couple of places above.

Unless something changes (i.e. we get much worse), Ipswich aren't anywhere near being in a relegation battle. We're only 11 points off a total which would have kept us safe in four out of the last five seasons (the exception being 2012-13, when Peterborough were relegated on 54 and they were the lowest of nine teams separated by just 6 points).

Think you need to edit "We're only 11 points" bit.

I think we will stay up comfortably,but not with 42 points.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 18:48 - Jan 8 with 827 viewsGuthrum

Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:42 - Jan 8 by PJH

Think you need to edit "We're only 11 points" bit.

I think we will stay up comfortably,but not with 42 points.

Actually, yes. It should have read 13 points.

Going back 5 seasons, the team in 22nd place has had 40, 41, 44, 54, 40 points (average 43.8).

Don't think it's going to be an issue, but we're already not that far from probable safety, which was my point.

Blackburn is a massive game... on 18:48 - Jan 8 with 826 viewsHerbivore

Blackburn is a massive game... on 17:24 - Jan 8 by DebenBlue

I just don't see us picking up many point over the next 6 weeks, I hope I'm mistaken but confidence looks at an all time low after yesterday. Blackburn are improving, I'm honestly believe those beneath us will catch up by End of Feb and we will have a battle on our hands, we are in decline and wins over Wigan & Bristol City do not inspire me with confidence.

Okay, but that's a view that you've basically plucked out of nowhere. You're anticipating, for no obvious reason, that our form is going to dip to the lowest point it's been this season (and possibly ever under MM) and that sides below us who have been struggling to pick up points all season are now going to start doing so. It could happen sure, but basing panic on a prediction that's founded on a lot of unlikely things happening seems odd to me. We're frustratingly inconsistent and being in mid table is painfully dull, that's where we're at in reality. No better, but no worse than that either. And as Guthrum has pointed out elsewhere, we're not in decline either. Our form over the past 6-8 games is average (like the whole season really). And Blackburn have 4 points from their last 6 games, which is worse than us.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 18:55]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blackburn is a massive game... on 18:53 - Jan 8 with 810 viewsPJH

Blackburn is a massive game... on 18:48 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

Actually, yes. It should have read 13 points.

Going back 5 seasons, the team in 22nd place has had 40, 41, 44, 54, 40 points (average 43.8).

Don't think it's going to be an issue, but we're already not that far from probable safety, which was my point.

I should have looked through the final league listings that I have made over the last few years because I was thinking more of another 21 points because I had it in my head that you usually needed 50 or more to be safe.
I would not have queried your 11 points if I had checked.
Blackburn is a massive game... on 19:00 - Jan 8 with 797 viewsGuthrum

Blackburn is a massive game... on 18:53 - Jan 8 by PJH

I should have looked through the final league listings that I have made over the last few years because I was thinking more of another 21 points because I had it in my head that you usually needed 50 or more to be safe.
I would not have queried your 11 points if I had checked.

50-55 is enough to be really sure. Aiming for 45 can leave you embarrassingly short if there's a surge from the bottom teams as in 2012-13 (including us).

Blackburn is a massive game... on 19:43 - Jan 8 with 759 viewsStowTractorBoy

If we only have the players that were available yesterday we will in all probability lose and I know MM will say it but on paper Blackburn have a very good looking line up. They now have a goal scorer and we don't, and they have a strong midfield which currently we do not have at our disposal. Yesterday proved to me that Dozzell and Bru in the centre of midfield does not work so cue the down votes but I hope that Skuse and or Douglas are fit to play. Hopefully we can get in a couple of new faces before next weekend to lift the morale as it is pretty low at the moment and I for one am very worried about retaining our Championship status. Lose Saturday and we are in a real relegation scrap. McCarthy has already lost many of the fans backing but he will not resign so we need to get behind the team, not create the poisonous atmosphere flying around the stadium at the moment. Here is hoping we can turn it around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024