Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The way to win back the fans and start winning games 22:41 - Jan 31 with 1442 viewsCharlieITFC

For me, the squad we have is good enough to be a force in this division, but unfortunately we defend first and that stifles us.

Ignoring the long term absentees, for me, the team should pick itself:

Bart
Emmanuel
Chambers
Berra
Kenlock
Skuse (holding, dropping deep when attacking to allow the full backs to roam)
Bishop
Dozzell
Ward
Lawrence
McGoldrick

Put the ball on the deck, let the front 5 play with freedom, support them with extra width from the full backs, and make teams worry about us for a change

Blog: An Optimistic Approach (For Real This Time)

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:43 - Jan 31 with 1413 viewsreusersfreekicks

Too little too late. Have you seen Berra in action recently?
The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:47 - Jan 31 with 1340 viewsmadmouse1959

As it stands.....ya won,t win much with that team ba. Our only chance now rests on the 7 new recruits !!! (Even the Leeds fella can,t manage a full game, so amend that, we have to rely on the 6 new recruits)

shampoo dave

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:48 - Jan 31 with 1329 viewsRegencyBlue

Well for me the opposite is the case!

I think the squad is on the verge of needing a complete rebuild. Years of failing to invest properly in the team have finally caught up with us IMHO.
The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:48 - Jan 31 with 1323 viewsCharlieITFC

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:43 - Jan 31 by reusersfreekicks

Too little too late. Have you seen Berra in action recently?

I agree, but am including Smith as long term. Webster/Smith is the future without doubt.

The most ridiculous thing is that the season isn't over yet. We are completely mid table. 10 points above relegation, 11 points from play offs. However unlikely it is, a run of 6 wins in 8, and suddenly we could be having a great season again. There are a lot of games left.

We are terrible at the moment, and I'm not saying it will happen, I just think we have nothing to lose and should go out to beat teams

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:51 - Jan 31 with 1278 viewsSonOfSpock

What prescription antidepressants are you on,and,mores the point,can I have them?
The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:54 - Jan 31 with 1249 viewsreusersfreekicks

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:48 - Jan 31 by CharlieITFC

I agree, but am including Smith as long term. Webster/Smith is the future without doubt.

The most ridiculous thing is that the season isn't over yet. We are completely mid table. 10 points above relegation, 11 points from play offs. However unlikely it is, a run of 6 wins in 8, and suddenly we could be having a great season again. There are a lot of games left.

We are terrible at the moment, and I'm not saying it will happen, I just think we have nothing to lose and should go out to beat teams

You seem to be in some kind of parallel universe.
A few home truths are in order:
We got outplayed by Non-league Lincoln twice
We have been appalling a number of times this season
We are on the way down not up
Bishop has not played well at any point this season
Dozzell rarely impresses from the start
McG is injury prone
Webster has been at fault for a number of goals this season
Berra has been terrible especially in a back 3
Knudsen just doesn't seem to be good enough
The morale of the players and the crowd is rock bottom
We've just signed reserves from 3 other championship clubs
The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:57 - Jan 31 with 1230 viewsitfcjoe

The sooner our fans realise that our squad is not good enough due to the chronic underinvestment over the ladt few years the easier it will be.

Look at the quality Derby had on their bench - everyone of their outfield subs would improve us - we are just not competing and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 23:00 - Jan 31 with 1192 viewsReuser_is_God

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:57 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

The sooner our fans realise that our squad is not good enough due to the chronic underinvestment over the ladt few years the easier it will be.

Look at the quality Derby had on their bench - everyone of their outfield subs would improve us - we are just not competing and the chickens are coming home to roost.

The excuse some fans have made for our under investment is that players with a price tag have an attitude & don't work hard.

They can't say that anymore, all you need to do is point to the performance of Tom Ince tonight.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 23:01 - Jan 31 with 1173 viewsCharlieITFC

The way to win back the fans and start winning games on 22:54 - Jan 31 by reusersfreekicks

You seem to be in some kind of parallel universe.
A few home truths are in order:
We got outplayed by Non-league Lincoln twice
We have been appalling a number of times this season
We are on the way down not up
Bishop has not played well at any point this season
Dozzell rarely impresses from the start
McG is injury prone
Webster has been at fault for a number of goals this season
Berra has been terrible especially in a back 3
Knudsen just doesn't seem to be good enough
The morale of the players and the crowd is rock bottom
We've just signed reserves from 3 other championship clubs

I think you're kind of missing my point... I don't disagree with anything you've said
Yes, we got outplayed by Lincoln
Yes, we've been appalling a number of times this season
On current form, we are on the way down not up
Bishop and Dozzell haven't impressed (but, I think this is because they are being asked to do a job they're not comfortable with and that doesn't suit them)
Yes, McGoldrick has had injury problems, and he might get injured again, if he does, Pitman is technically almost as good
Webster has made mistakes, but so has the whole team. If you can't see he's a class act, you must be in a parallel universe
I've not mentioned a back 3 anywhere, and have said if fit, Smith should play ahead of berra
Morale is low, hence the title of the post
None of those signings have been mentioned at all...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024