Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers 13:19 - Feb 1 with 1433 viewsQuayside_Blue

Cant see a thread on this but given that Mick's position doesn't look safe beyond the end of the season I do wonder who we will go for. Evans policy of choosing managers with a Championship promotion on their CV regardless of how this was achieved in context to ITFC (Keane & Jewell) would naturally suggest Pearson from the out of work bunch.

Really hope we don't go down this road. The feeling I have got on here and twitter is that we need a younger up and coming manager with a clear philosophy who can allow us to punch above our weight financially. Ideally we want a David Wagner mark 2. Ok Huddersfield have spent some money this season but wages wise as the excellent Swiss Ramble website shows have been below ours based on recent accounts.

Jackett would be a safe choice and has a good track record of man management especially picking up the pieces at Wolves. Rowett has shown he can do a good job on limited resources at Brum but not convinced his style of football would be that different from what we have seen with MM.

Cowley brothers would be an exciting risk but I cannot imagine them ditching Lincoln if they go up. Interested to hear peoples thoughts.
Managers on 13:24 - Feb 1 with 1405 viewshype313

"Jackett would be a safe choice and has a good track record of man management"

Might aswell stick with Mick then, I bet if you asked most fans across the leagues who they would view as a better manager out of the two, Mick would come out on top.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Managers on 13:24 - Feb 1 with 1403 viewstaximan

quite a while ago i suggested paul lambert or paul clement

both suggestions were ridiculed by the usual suspects

any manager will struggle to build a team under our cretinous owner

unfortunately
Managers on 13:29 - Feb 1 with 1359 viewsWacko

Taricco for me - good coaching experience including in the Prem, might know a few technically gifted Spanish / Latinos, and will bring the passion back to the fans

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Managers on 13:31 - Feb 1 with 1347 viewstaximan

Managers on 13:29 - Feb 1 by Wacko

Taricco for me - good coaching experience including in the Prem, might know a few technically gifted Spanish / Latinos, and will bring the passion back to the fans

you would appoint a manager with no managerial experience, to sort this mess out ??!!
Managers on 13:32 - Feb 1 with 1340 viewsGuthrum

The accounts used by Swiss Ramble were from two seasons ago (2014-15), when Huddersfield finished 16th. With new signings and Prem loans, I doubt they're that low still.

I wouldn't dislike a Wagner-style manager, but he'd need to be backed to achieve similar results. Jackett and Rowett are ok. Would prefer McGreal to the Cowleys - after all, they've only beaten a shambolic Ipswich and Brighton reserves in one-off games, not yet a full-strength Newcastle, Leeds or even QPR on a weekly basis.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Managers on 13:32 - Feb 1 with 1334 viewsLankHenners

Managers on 13:24 - Feb 1 by hype313

"Jackett would be a safe choice and has a good track record of man management"

Might aswell stick with Mick then, I bet if you asked most fans across the leagues who they would view as a better manager out of the two, Mick would come out on top.

Depressingly, it's going to be him or Rowett though isn't it?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Managers on 13:35 - Feb 1 with 1310 viewshype313

Managers on 13:32 - Feb 1 by LankHenners

Depressingly, it's going to be him or Rowett though isn't it?

I really don't know, it's quite concerning, for all MIck's faults it does make me think be careful what you wish for.

If Marcus isn't going to give any funds to the next guy then what's the point?

Managers on 13:35 - Feb 1 with 1310 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I genuinely worry 1) who Evans will appoint & 2) who we will even be able to attract right now.

The word is out that Evans doesn't give his managers a lot of money so I think that will rule out a few higher profile managers. If it comes down to the likes of Jackett, Pearson etc then I would genuinely just give up with ITFC.

For me, if Evans wants to stick to his 5 point plan then he needs to appoint a manager that will work closely with the academy as well as the first team. We have gone down the tried & tested managers and they havent worked, its a bit like the players-I think we tend to build reputations rather than enhance them, we have never been good with a big reputation coming in whether its players or managers.

Lets maybe go for a forward thinking, young, hungry manager who is happy to work to the 5 point plan. Think the fans could buy into that, especially if the likes of Dozzell, Kenlock etc are getting more and more game time.

Sack Milne as well as the guy is a liability and appoint a director of football to help the manager and be that bridge to the fans.

Who we appoint though is anyone's guess!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Login to get fewer ads

Managers on 13:36 - Feb 1 with 1296 viewswkj

Keith Vaz

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Managers on 13:41 - Feb 1 with 1258 viewsLankHenners

Managers on 13:35 - Feb 1 by hype313

I really don't know, it's quite concerning, for all MIck's faults it does make me think be careful what you wish for.

If Marcus isn't going to give any funds to the next guy then what's the point?

Your last question is unfortunately what we are facing - Evans hasn't properly backed the one manager who has earned it because he got burned by Dick and Dom before him, so giving immediate backing to a new guy would seem odd when he could just as easily flop.

There's no easy answer here but we're rapidly being left behind and Evans has some crucial steps to take in the near future. Sadly, I don't trust him to take a right one.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Managers on 13:46 - Feb 1 with 1219 viewshype313

Managers on 13:41 - Feb 1 by LankHenners

Your last question is unfortunately what we are facing - Evans hasn't properly backed the one manager who has earned it because he got burned by Dick and Dom before him, so giving immediate backing to a new guy would seem odd when he could just as easily flop.

There's no easy answer here but we're rapidly being left behind and Evans has some crucial steps to take in the near future. Sadly, I don't trust him to take a right one.

For me, he needs to sell up. If he has had offers then he needs to let go, if someone else is prepared to come in and put in some investment as opposed to covering the losses then surely that's the right thing to do for all involved.

My concern is, who would want to buy us?

Managers on 13:53 - Feb 1 with 1182 viewsHARRY10

Managers on 13:46 - Feb 1 by hype313

For me, he needs to sell up. If he has had offers then he needs to let go, if someone else is prepared to come in and put in some investment as opposed to covering the losses then surely that's the right thing to do for all involved.

My concern is, who would want to buy us?

Much of the overspend has been covered by transfer fees received, that's why the debt has not really increased in the past few years.

My concern is that unless we can sell off another player for a few million we will have to make more cut.

Ask yourself why were have not really seen any sign of the Mings or Murphy money in our transfer spend.

" a hard rain's gonna fall"
Managers on 13:54 - Feb 1 with 1179 viewsWacko

Managers on 13:31 - Feb 1 by taximan

you would appoint a manager with no managerial experience, to sort this mess out ??!!

Right. Because Wagner, Karanka, Eddie Howe etc all had loads of managerial experience before they took their jobs...

All clubs are in a mess when they change their manager. That's why they change their manager...

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Managers on 13:56 - Feb 1 with 1155 viewsCaptainObvious

Managers on 13:31 - Feb 1 by taximan

the last time we appointed someone with no managerial experience when an experienced manager had took us to our lowest position in 40 years, he took us back up into the play-off zone

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Managers on 13:57 - Feb 1 with 1153 viewshype313

Managers on 13:53 - Feb 1 by HARRY10

Much of the overspend has been covered by transfer fees received, that's why the debt has not really increased in the past few years.

My concern is that unless we can sell off another player for a few million we will have to make more cut.

Ask yourself why were have not really seen any sign of the Mings or Murphy money in our transfer spend.

" a hard rain's gonna fall"

In relation to your third sentence, i think most people are starting to wake up from their slumber and smell the coffee.

Managers on 13:59 - Feb 1 with 1132 viewsWeekender

Managers on 13:24 - Feb 1 by taximan

quite a while ago i suggested paul lambert or paul clement

both suggestions were ridiculed by the usual suspects

any manager will struggle to build a team under our cretinous owner

unfortunately

So he doesn't do what you'd like but why cretinous?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Managers on 14:09 - Feb 1 with 1086 viewssoupytwist

I would like Gareth Ainsworth or Paul Tisdale

Both based on the entirely unscientific basis that they come across very well in the book "Living on the volcano".

At a push, Phil Brown at Southend if ME wants to go with someone with a bit more experience.
Managers on 14:13 - Feb 1 with 1063 viewsjpr_23

I'm going to ask for the same next manager that I asked for when Magilton left, when Keane left and when Jewell left!

I want Paul Tisdale of Exeter. He has done a fine job on a low budget, brings through players and develops them, has recently been on an amazing run taking Exeter from the relegation places to being on the cusp of the play-offs, and looks very smart on the touchline!

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Managers on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 1026 viewsdidsburyblue

Managers on 13:32 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

The accounts used by Swiss Ramble were from two seasons ago (2014-15), when Huddersfield finished 16th. With new signings and Prem loans, I doubt they're that low still.

I wouldn't dislike a Wagner-style manager, but he'd need to be backed to achieve similar results. Jackett and Rowett are ok. Would prefer McGreal to the Cowleys - after all, they've only beaten a shambolic Ipswich and Brighton reserves in one-off games, not yet a full-strength Newcastle, Leeds or even QPR on a weekly basis.

McGreal is in his first season as manager. He's had a good couple of months at Colchester after a pretty dreadful start, but wouldn't say he's done anything yet to make him a good candidate or even offer an indication as to whether he has the potential to be a decent manager.

Whilst I don't think they should be at the forefront of consideration, in comparison the Cowleys have had consistent success over the last couple of years on a nominal budget with Concord and Braintree (3rd last season) and irrespective of their Cup run, have managed Lincoln to a 4 points lead in National League. For me, they'd be a far better option than McGreal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024