Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football 14:04 - Feb 3 with 3254 viewsDolly2.0

was a 6-0 home win over Bristol City in 2007. TEN YEARS AGO!

We had a crowd of over 22,000 that day as well.

Maybe we never should've got rid of Jim Magilton.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 23:35 - Feb 3 with 688 viewsDolly2.0

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:22 - Feb 3 by RoyKeanesDog

Whilst they have been few and far between, Mick has produced some good performances.

Middlesbrough at home two seasons ago was a better performance than that Bristol City game, and was brilliant, exciting, attacking.

It was very good but not sure how you can say it was a better performance than the Bristol city 6-0.

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 23:44 - Feb 3 with 688 viewsDolly2.0

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:37 - Feb 3 by StokieBlue

Even better - what would we give for a midfielder like Jim now.

That would make a huge difference.

SB

I've said this for a few years. Not been the same since Jim's (playing) powers waned. We've never replaced him.

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 00:01 - Feb 4 with 674 viewsbournemouthblue

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 21:15 - Feb 3 by RoyKeanesDog

I agree his inexperience shined in terms of media management etc, but he was treated poorly by fans and local media considering his career with the club.

I think he was worth another year, but we'll never know. I've heard from the horses mouth that he feels uncomfortable going back to Ipswich after the treatment he was subjected to as manager.

He got his final season wrong really, it would have been interesting to see how he may have looked to sort it out

Keane was completely the wrong man at the time

Mick McCarthy or even Paul Jewell would have been a better choice then. I suspect would have stood a better chance than they did at the time we got them

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 00:57 - Feb 4 with 656 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 23:35 - Feb 3 by Dolly2.0

It was very good but not sure how you can say it was a better performance than the Bristol city 6-0.

Because we smashed an automatic promotion rival as opposed to disposing a very poor relegation outfit.

Poll: Best Football Song

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 08:47 - Feb 4 with 616 viewsbournemouthblue

The best home performance under Mick was probably a 4 - 1 against Leeds where we turned the screw for about 15 minutes in the second half and finished them off

The 2 - 0 over Middlesbrough in the play-off season was definitely our most complete pressing performance

The 4 - 2 at Brentford away was decent?

We haven't been particularly good for 18 months now and you could even argue that the decline began in the second half of the play-off season.

The best performance under Jewell was the 5 we put past West Ham, JET played to his potential that night. A rare occurence sadly :(

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 08:49 - Feb 4 with 612 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 08:47 - Feb 4 by bournemouthblue

The best home performance under Mick was probably a 4 - 1 against Leeds where we turned the screw for about 15 minutes in the second half and finished them off

The 2 - 0 over Middlesbrough in the play-off season was definitely our most complete pressing performance

The 4 - 2 at Brentford away was decent?

We haven't been particularly good for 18 months now and you could even argue that the decline began in the second half of the play-off season.

The best performance under Jewell was the 5 we put past West Ham, JET played to his potential that night. A rare occurence sadly :(

And none of them are as good as Ian McParland's best performance!

Poll: Best Football Song

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 09:00 - Feb 4 with 589 viewsbournemouthblue

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 08:49 - Feb 4 by RoyKeanesDog

And none of them are as good as Ian McParland's best performance!

He got more out of Priskin in one game than Keane got in his entire term

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 09:03 - Feb 4 with 583 viewsDolly2.0

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 00:57 - Feb 4 by RoyKeanesDog

Because we smashed an automatic promotion rival as opposed to disposing a very poor relegation outfit.

I take your point although I'm not sure a 2-0 win can be described as "smashed".

That 6-0 could easily have been 10 as I recall.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024