Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' 12:20 - May 26 with 4967 viewsSwansea_Blue

apparently.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40057215

Personally, I'd call it child abuse and have these people up in front of a judge.
If it was a dog, these people would be charged with animal cruelty wouldn't they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:49 - May 26 with 1221 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:26 - May 26 by flashblue

Why ever not? I would say 99% of people who pay for petrol leave their kids in the car. Frankly the safest place for them to be at a petrol station.

Im not sure leaving a 7 month old baby for 7 hours in 25 degrees is quite the same as leaving a child in a car when getting petrol for 2 minutes in the shade

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:51 - May 26 with 1217 viewsjeera

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 12:22 - May 26 by Weekender

this makes me so cross. Who is retarded enough to do this?

Gross neglect - prison is the only answer

Imprison someone whose life is already destroyed?

Not exactly in the public interest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 19:14 - May 26 with 1199 viewsEireannach_gorm

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:48 - May 26 by jeera

Different scenarios entirely. No other party involved and I can't see the comparison.

If I leave my car unlocked it doesn't give someone else the right to take it, nor rob my home if I forget to lock a window etc.

It is terribly sad though, yes. And horrific for the parents to face.

You are quite correct they are different. The McCann's deliberately left their children unattended. I was just trying to contrast the widespread sympathy people showed for this case with the mistaken abandonment in Ireland. Your car analogy is a little suspect and yes it is extremely sad. I suspect a mother would not have done this as all the alarm bells would have gone off and I also surmise that it will have major consequences to that relationship.
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 20:20 - May 26 with 1179 viewsYaffle

I remember reading about this happening regularly in the US a couple of years ago. Far from being a rare occurrence, there have been 707 deaths of children left in cars (due to heat) in the USA since 1998. There was 39 last year, an average of 37 per year during this period and 7 this year already even before the hotter weather arrives.

http://noheatstroke.org/index.htm

Over 50% of these poor children are 'forgotten about' rather it being deliberate or some other such accident and around 50% are 1 years old or under. Being new parents, fatigue constantly changing routines all probably contribute.

I have enormous sympathy for these poor people and unlike some on here I can see how this could have happened, there were times when I was getting used to being a father, little sleep and juggling job and home life that I didn't know my arse from my elbow. I cannot imagine their pain and being human and fallible I think there for the grace of God...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024