Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Cladding debacle 22:32 - Jun 25 with 6948 viewsVic

Is it still being blamed on the Government? Seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front the last couple of days.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

This Cladding debacle on 12:17 - Jun 28 with 1168 viewsLord_Lucan

This Cladding debacle on 12:06 - Jun 28 by No9

The 'Governemnt of the day' picks' up responsibilities for what the previous governent did - UNLESS it changes the laws. - Differentiate between govnerment & political party-

Building Reg's are ongoing and are the responsibility of the governemnt in power - at the time- who have a duty & responsibility to see that whatever changes are made are safe etc.

The dodgy cladding may have passed the tests in place at the time but modified or more stringent tests may find things are not what the original tests showed. As wesee in Norwich the Housing Association materials passed the test but now don't - & worse the privately owned apparentment snext door will not be tested????

As the surveyor said, Grenfell tower as designed and built, in 1974 could not have been destroyed as it was.

In this case the critical date is 2013 because that is when the coroner made the pronouncement about sprinklers

What about wiring in millions of houses in the UK that was done by an electrician before a 2356 Electrotechnical NVQ was required, or gas work before Corgi was required?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This Cladding debacle on 12:29 - Jun 28 with 1147 viewsNo9

This Cladding debacle on 12:17 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

What about wiring in millions of houses in the UK that was done by an electrician before a 2356 Electrotechnical NVQ was required, or gas work before Corgi was required?

Good question
I believe as far as gas is concerned it may well be illegal

As for electric, I am now going through that it is scary = will send you a pm
This Cladding debacle on 12:35 - Jun 28 with 1135 viewsLord_Lucan

This Cladding debacle on 12:29 - Jun 28 by No9

Good question
I believe as far as gas is concerned it may well be illegal

As for electric, I am now going through that it is scary = will send you a pm

I had a major extension built about 13 years ago and the electrical work didn't need to be signed off by "Something or another"but a year after it was done it would have had had to have been. I am sure it is fine but where do you draw the line.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

This Cladding debacle on 13:20 - Jun 28 with 1107 viewsNo9

This Cladding debacle on 12:35 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

I had a major extension built about 13 years ago and the electrical work didn't need to be signed off by "Something or another"but a year after it was done it would have had had to have been. I am sure it is fine but where do you draw the line.

If you wanted to sell, you may find a buyer would want it 'certified' before buying -
This Cladding debacle on 13:35 - Jun 28 with 1095 viewsLord_Lucan

This Cladding debacle on 13:20 - Jun 28 by No9

If you wanted to sell, you may find a buyer would want it 'certified' before buying -

My house is impossible to sell at the moment.

When I had my extension the building nazis advised that I required an extra door between my hallway and my kitchen which I refused to do as it is impractical and daft.

If I wanted to sell it the door issue will come up.

This Cladding debacle on 13:48 - Jun 28 with 1082 viewsNo9

This Cladding debacle on 13:35 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

My house is impossible to sell at the moment.

When I had my extension the building nazis advised that I required an extra door between my hallway and my kitchen which I refused to do as it is impractical and daft.

If I wanted to sell it the door issue will come up.

Depends where your house is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024