Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
07:12 - Jun 29 with 5933 views_

FFS... on 10:47 - Jun 29 with 713 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS... on 10:29 - Jun 29 by Guthrum

Another aspect to this is a complete lack of risk assessment based on research or careful thought.

From what it said in the article, they picked one of the most powerful handguns available and fired at absolutely point-blank range. Bet they didn't carry out penetration tests on similar books beforehand. Probably held the book perpendicular to the axis of the shot (minimum protection). Any proper training in weapon use would have told them what was likely to happen.

This is why we need to teach common sense.

I should have checked the thread before I posted similar.

Also even if it didn't go through the book or any other protection, absorbing that power in your chest area could easily kill you.

I suppose that some people will at least learn some common sense as a result of this.

Pronouns: He/Him

FFS... on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 674 viewscaught-in-limbo

FFS... on 10:18 - Jun 29 by Guthrum

At least that's the perception. In reality only an extremely tiny proportion of those who post stuff on the web achieve even a modicum of fame (mostly those with talent and a work ethic). And only a very small percentage of those actually make money from it.

If this couple's "stunt" had succeeded, it's unlikely that more than a few hundred people would ever have noticed.

Because of this perception, however, people will keep trying as a supposed easy route to fame and fortune.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 10:19]

Actually. They might have hit on a winner here.

I agree that if the stunt had come off, like you say, most probably very few people would have seen it. Those that did watch it would have called "fake" anyway.

Now however, the story has hit the international press. There must be loads of people visiting their channel at the moment. So, if we now sensationally hear that the whole thing was a big joke and actually that no one died, we have a story which can run and run. Subscribers will be waiting for the next great scam from the couple which the world falls for. It's brilliant.

Actually, I find that scenario more believable than the official one. I'm not that comfortable believing people are quite so stupid.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

FFS... on 14:49 - Jun 29 with 669 viewschicoazul

FFS... on 10:29 - Jun 29 by Guthrum

Another aspect to this is a complete lack of risk assessment based on research or careful thought.

From what it said in the article, they picked one of the most powerful handguns available and fired at absolutely point-blank range. Bet they didn't carry out penetration tests on similar books beforehand. Probably held the book perpendicular to the axis of the shot (minimum protection). Any proper training in weapon use would have told them what was likely to happen.

This is why we need to teach common sense.

Or, humanity can do without these people, so we should just leave them to it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024