Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre Backs 16:18 - Jul 17 with 1690 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Looking at who we have, are we all happy with where we're at if we go into the season as we are, with Chambers, Webster, Smith, Knudsen, Spence, Iorfa and Kenlock

Natural Central Defenders:
Chambers / Webster / Smith

Can play centrally:
Knudsen, Spence, Iorfa

Fullbacks:
Spence, Kenlock, Iorfa, Knudsen

You could argue we are short of natural central defenders, but ultimately we have the numbers and should be able to cope with the inevitable injury or suspension. Though it does perhaps highlight that Mick might not be looking at a back 3 system we used last season...
Centre Backs on 16:39 - Jul 17 with 1625 viewsrickw

Maybe not - Spence and Knudsen both played several games in a back 3 last season, so plenty of cover if he wanted to do that again

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Centre Backs on 16:43 - Jul 17 with 1616 viewsLuk38644

I think CB cover is Chambo, Webster, Smith and Iorfa. I can't see Mick playing Spence or Knudsen in a back two. Spence/Iorfa are RB competition and Knudsen/Kenlock are LB competition.

Pretty confident we'll be playing four-at-the-back for the start of the season at least.
Centre Backs on 16:48 - Jul 17 with 1596 viewsFreddy

Yes happy with what we have
Centre Backs on 17:29 - Jul 17 with 1535 viewsKeaneish

Centre Backs on 16:43 - Jul 17 by Luk38644

I think CB cover is Chambo, Webster, Smith and Iorfa. I can't see Mick playing Spence or Knudsen in a back two. Spence/Iorfa are RB competition and Knudsen/Kenlock are LB competition.

Pretty confident we'll be playing four-at-the-back for the start of the season at least.

He may have to play Knudesn if Smith gets injured and decides he needs the balance of another left footer against certain oppo.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Centre Backs on 22:17 - Jul 17 with 1439 viewsLuk38644

Centre Backs on 17:29 - Jul 17 by Keaneish

He may have to play Knudesn if Smith gets injured and decides he needs the balance of another left footer against certain oppo.

In a three, Knudsen and Spence at left or right sided CB respectively is fine but there is no way Mick will play either of them at CB in a two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024