Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bunn 11:29 - Aug 4 with 2093 viewsitfctilidie

I find it a bit strange that if as reported we have bid for Bunn yesterday, why it has taken us until the Thursday before the start of the season, surely if the club wanted him why not get this done at the beginning of the week?
Bunn on 11:32 - Aug 4 with 2066 viewsBluebell

Maybe because they are now Premier League and have to name their squad of 25.

They may not have been sure before whether he was surplus to requirements. The pre-season games have probably given them a chance to see how they all play now.
Bunn on 11:37 - Aug 4 with 2029 viewsITFCBlues

Maybe he wasn't our first choice target? Maybe they've just reduced his price? Maybe he's only just become available?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Bunn on 11:55 - Aug 4 with 1940 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

Maybe they had put the bid in days before it was actually reported? Maybe we have been in negotiations about him for some time but only now have Huddersfield decided they will listen to offers?
Bunn on 12:04 - Aug 4 with 1882 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

We signed Ward relatively late last summer didn't we?..

I'd imagine that players become available throughout the window and Huddersfield perhaps let Bunn (and his agent) know he can leave if they get the right deal and therefore we have bid for him based on the updated information that I've no doubt his agent has been circulating to various clubs
Bunn on 12:08 - Aug 4 with 1828 viewspointofblue

Bunn on 12:04 - Aug 4 by King_of_Portman_Rd

We signed Ward relatively late last summer didn't we?..

I'd imagine that players become available throughout the window and Huddersfield perhaps let Bunn (and his agent) know he can leave if they get the right deal and therefore we have bid for him based on the updated information that I've no doubt his agent has been circulating to various clubs

We'd signed Ward before opening day as he scored a hatrick against Barnsley. Even if Bunn signs today I don't think he'll be in the squad for tomorrow.

My concern is our lack of an out and out striker. For me we are a point where we should be taking calculated risks; £2m - £2.5m would be enough to prise Akinde from Barnet for example? Sunderland managed to sign Vaughan for £600,000!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 12:33]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bunn on 12:14 - Aug 4 with 1788 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Bunn on 12:08 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

We'd signed Ward before opening day as he scored a hatrick against Barnsley. Even if Bunn signs today I don't think he'll be in the squad for tomorrow.

My concern is our lack of an out and out striker. For me we are a point where we should be taking calculated risks; £2m - £2.5m would be enough to prise Akinde from Barnet for example? Sunderland managed to sign Vaughan for £600,000!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 12:33]

My point Re: Ward was that he was signed relatively out of the blue, on the 1st August (according to wiki) and that Mick said himself that he was made aware of the player's availability a few days prior and they moved quickly to sign him up.

Not all players are available from 1st July and there will be plenty more maneuvering and posturing before the window closes as players who we wouldn't be considering (price & availability etc.) suddenly become available, therefore it is very much a waiting game and a convoluted game of chess/chance in trying to get the best bang for your buck and I expect once the season starts we will see a few more clubs blink and start the money rolling
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 12:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024