Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window 13:01 - Aug 31 with 1429 viewsJimmyJazz

Should shut when the season starts, and not re-opened until the next summer.

The squad you have on day 1 should see you through the whole season

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Transfer Window on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 1403 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I disagree because that would encourage stock-piling of players at all levels? I think it should be open until March.
Transfer Window on 13:33 - Aug 31 with 1344 viewsITFC_Forever

Transfer Window on 13:10 - Aug 31 by PrideOfTheEast

I disagree because that would encourage stock-piling of players at all levels? I think it should be open until March.

Indeed, should be abolished altogether.

For all the good intentions, it's now causing more harm than good.

But the authorities won't change it as it'll mean admitting something is fundamentally wrong in the game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Transfer Window on 13:45 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsJimmyJazz

Transfer Window on 13:10 - Aug 31 by PrideOfTheEast

but no transfer window allows richer clubs to pick off players from smaller clubs who are having a good season.

As an example when West ham signed Payet and then had a good first half to the season, they were safe in the knowledge that no one could poach him until January

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Transfer Window on 13:57 - Aug 31 with 1320 viewschristiand

Jimmy, that makes complete sense and I 100% agree. It allows a manager and his coaching staff to work with the players knowing that none of them are going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Having the window close at end of August just serves to disrupts teams especially if they have started well and their players are in demand.

* Just re-read your last sentence from the original post, I still think that the January transfer window is left open, so 95% agree!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 14:05]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Transfer Window on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 1295 viewsWestSussexBlue

Totally agree.
I don't envisage clubs would stock pile players, in fact it would teach clubs to manage what they had a lot better and balance the players and budgets.
Transfer Window on 14:36 - Aug 31 with 1285 viewsJ2BLUE

The FA Cup final took place on the 27th May. The window opened on July 1st. Why not open the window on June 1st and close it on July 31st?

Any change would have to be Europe wide IMO. Our window couldn't close weeks earlier than anywhere else, it just wouldn't work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024