Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abuse 16:49 - Sep 3 with 30859 viewsPhilTWTD

No idea what's come over some people this weekend, but getting a little fed up with all the sniping, abuse, wilful misinterpretation, baiting and general unpleasantness. Think we generally run the site with a fairly light hand but even we eventually run out of patience, particularly with those who seem to go out of their way to cause us unnnecessary and time-consuming hassle.
Abuse on 09:03 - Sep 5 with 2660 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Abuse on 08:16 - Sep 5 by Bluebell

What amazes me is that posters "are always running to us".

Why do people feel the need to whinge and complain about other posters? That is what the 'ignore' button is for surely.

These posters who take everything personally and start the abuse would never do so face to face but seem to think they can get away with it on the internet.

I hate seeing anyone banned (apart from idiotic budgies of course) but can understand why it has to be done.

This is a great forum but, as others have said, ruined by a few who feel that their opinions are always the correct one.

If anyone is not happy with another poster, take a break, forget what has been said and get on with your life. Don't come back here time and time again to continue the argument.

Life is too precious to spend hours arguing on the internet.

For what it's worth BB.. I think Phil is saying in that post that people aren't running to him as made out by some.

I'm not quite sure who the rows were last week as I wasn't on as much. Thankfully, for once, I wasn't involved.

Too much going on sadly in the real world

You at qpr Saturday?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 9:04]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Abuse on 10:52 - Sep 5 with 2585 viewsBergholtBru

Abuse on 08:16 - Sep 5 by Bluebell

What amazes me is that posters "are always running to us".

Why do people feel the need to whinge and complain about other posters? That is what the 'ignore' button is for surely.

These posters who take everything personally and start the abuse would never do so face to face but seem to think they can get away with it on the internet.

I hate seeing anyone banned (apart from idiotic budgies of course) but can understand why it has to be done.

This is a great forum but, as others have said, ruined by a few who feel that their opinions are always the correct one.

If anyone is not happy with another poster, take a break, forget what has been said and get on with your life. Don't come back here time and time again to continue the argument.

Life is too precious to spend hours arguing on the internet.

Totally agree BB and why your post could be downvoted heaven only knows. The sort of people you refer you are those, mainly of a left wing bias, who can`t accept the views of others and then run to admin wanting people banned merely because they disagree with them. I shan`t name names.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Abuse on 11:12 - Sep 5 with 2552 viewsRyorry

Abuse on 10:52 - Sep 5 by BergholtBru

Totally agree BB and why your post could be downvoted heaven only knows. The sort of people you refer you are those, mainly of a left wing bias, who can`t accept the views of others and then run to admin wanting people banned merely because they disagree with them. I shan`t name names.

Maybe you also missed the threads Phil was alluding to? - they weren't on politics anyway, if that's what you meant.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Abuse on 11:13 - Sep 5 with 2547 viewsBergholtBru

Abuse on 11:12 - Sep 5 by Ryorry

Maybe you also missed the threads Phil was alluding to? - they weren't on politics anyway, if that's what you meant.

Maybe, but politics is the usual topic that causes these rows.

on 11:59 - Sep 5 with 2505 views_

Abuse on 12:37 - Sep 5 with 2468 viewsBergholtBru

on 11:59 - Sep 5 by _

Well it does seem to be the case doesn`t it. To be honest mate, having seen and responded to your post concerning your current problems, you would be better off steering clear of these type of discussions as it obviously causes you stress, which you should avoid like the plague. As to "insinuations", there are a number of culprits here, I wasn`t refering specifically to you, although it was you who downvoted BB`s post for whatever reason.

on 12:44 - Sep 5 with 2455 views_

Abuse on 12:37 - Sep 5 by BergholtBru

Well it does seem to be the case doesn`t it. To be honest mate, having seen and responded to your post concerning your current problems, you would be better off steering clear of these type of discussions as it obviously causes you stress, which you should avoid like the plague. As to "insinuations", there are a number of culprits here, I wasn`t refering specifically to you, although it was you who downvoted BB`s post for whatever reason.

Abuse on 12:50 - Sep 5 with 2445 viewsPhilTWTD

Perhaps because you're making things up and doing precisely what I was referring to in the post above.
Login to get fewer ads

Abuse on 12:53 - Sep 5 with 2441 viewsPhilTWTD

Abuse on 11:13 - Sep 5 by BergholtBru

Maybe, but politics is the usual topic that causes these rows.

It's not really the subject matter that's the issue but people deliberately picking at and poking others just to get a reaction. Certain users basically spent their weekend doing that.
Abuse on 12:59 - Sep 5 with 2432 viewsBergholtBru

on 12:44 - Sep 5 by _

It`s not condescending at all. I mentioned it as somewone who has suffered with simillar, if not so serious, problems in the past and merely relate to you what I found were the best do`s and don`ts. You mentioned your problem on here so please have a bit of respect for those who at least attempt to offer some advice.

on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 2428 views_

Abuse on 12:59 - Sep 5 by BergholtBru

It`s not condescending at all. I mentioned it as somewone who has suffered with simillar, if not so serious, problems in the past and merely relate to you what I found were the best do`s and don`ts. You mentioned your problem on here so please have a bit of respect for those who at least attempt to offer some advice.

Abuse on 13:01 - Sep 5 with 2426 viewsBergholtBru

Abuse on 12:53 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

It's not really the subject matter that's the issue but people deliberately picking at and poking others just to get a reaction. Certain users basically spent their weekend doing that.

To be honest I don`t think I am the person you should be talking to, as I am not guilty of the activities you brought up. Please don`t use me as an easy target, as it will get you knowhere.

Abuse on 13:09 - Sep 5 with 2406 viewsPhilTWTD

Abuse on 13:01 - Sep 5 by BergholtBru

To be honest I don`t think I am the person you should be talking to, as I am not guilty of the activities you brought up. Please don`t use me as an easy target, as it will get you knowhere.

I wasn't particularly singling you out, other than to point out Libero wasn't involved in what I was referring to in the earlier post.
Abuse on 13:09 - Sep 5 with 2404 viewsRyorry

Well I couldn't find an image for "threadlock?" ! ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Abuse on 13:22 - Sep 5 with 2371 viewsBigalhunter

nowhere
Abuse on 13:27 - Sep 5 with 2367 viewsSeablu

It's his toy. Arguing with him will actually get you 'knowhere'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024