Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Keeper 11:03 - Oct 3 with 11533 viewsbluejake78

Everyone loves Bart but I still think Gerks is better on the reflex.Drop him and put Crawford on the bench.
Town Keeper on 14:51 - Oct 3 with 3626 viewsSwailsey

on 12:20 - Oct 3 by _

I'm sure that's definitely you trolling now Libby!

Price, Pullen, Bywater and Marshall were far worse!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 15:12 - Oct 3 with 3606 views_

Town Keeper on 14:51 - Oct 3 by Swailsey

I'm sure that's definitely you trolling now Libby!

Price, Pullen, Bywater and Marshall were far worse!

Town Keeper on 20:17 - Oct 3 with 3542 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Town Keeper on 11:40 - Oct 3 by Bluebell

If you think that, you can't be here often!

No, this is an exceptional post. I had to check the original poster to make sure it wasn't a Norwich fan on a deliberate wind-up. To my surprise, it seems to be a genuine poster and post.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Town Keeper on 20:40 - Oct 3 with 3526 viewsjas0999

I think you know your wrong don't you.
Town Keeper on 20:59 - Oct 3 with 3516 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Town Keeper on 20:40 - Oct 3 by jas0999

I think you know your wrong don't you.

You know that Benson and Hedges moment in Mike Bassett England Manager? This beats that.

MMcCarthyisaGod

Town Keeper on 21:10 - Oct 3 with 3514 viewsconnorscontract

on 12:20 - Oct 3 by _

No, no, no, no, no.

Pullen's debut (and last ever game for Town) remains etched on my mind.

Gerken is comfortably Championship back-up quality. Pullen never was. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke though, and his mum loves him etc. Professional sport is very cruel.
Town Keeper on 21:22 - Oct 3 with 3509 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Town Keeper on 21:10 - Oct 3 by connorscontract

No, no, no, no, no.

Gerken is comfortably Championship back-up quality. Pullen never was. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke though, and his mum loves him etc. Professional sport is very cruel.

IMHO (my Dads opinion anyways) Jim Thorburn was the worst GK we've ever had. Conceded 36 goals in 10 games which is impressive by anyone's standards. He'd run out to the halfway line too much and left the goal wide and exposed (quote from my Dad). Paul Overton was pretty poor too (another Dad link). He played once and conceded 6. I reckon Ray Crawford would do a better job than either of them, even at 81. But glad Jake isn't likely to take over from MM at the end of the season. Or is he????

MMcCarthyisaGod

on 21:25 - Oct 3 with 3504 views_

Town Keeper on 21:10 - Oct 3 by connorscontract

No, no, no, no, no.

Login to get fewer ads

Town Keeper on 22:09 - Oct 3 with 3485 viewsPJH

Town Keeper on 21:22 - Oct 3 by BrettenhamBlue

IMHO (my Dads opinion anyways) Jim Thorburn was the worst GK we've ever had. Conceded 36 goals in 10 games which is impressive by anyone's standards. He'd run out to the halfway line too much and left the goal wide and exposed (quote from my Dad). Paul Overton was pretty poor too (another Dad link). He played once and conceded 6. I reckon Ray Crawford would do a better job than either of them, even at 81. But glad Jake isn't likely to take over from MM at the end of the season. Or is he????

Paul Overton's one and only game was at Villa a week before the 1978 F.A.Cup Final when some of the player's did not take kindly to Colin Viljoen playing instead of Roger Osborne.
I did not see the game but Sir Bobby was quoted as saying that Paul Overton was our best player.

I have already said on this thread that Jim Thorburn was probably the worst goalkeeper I have seen for us.
Town Keeper on 22:11 - Oct 3 with 3484 viewsPJH

on 21:25 - Oct 3 by _

I think that Pullen played with a view to him playing at Carrot Rud a week or two later because there was a reluctance to play Andy Marshall up the road.
In the end Marshall played and, I think, kept a clean sheet in that one.
Town Keeper on 23:21 - Oct 3 with 3464 viewsjaykay

Town Keeper on 22:09 - Oct 3 by PJH

Paul Overton's one and only game was at Villa a week before the 1978 F.A.Cup Final when some of the player's did not take kindly to Colin Viljoen playing instead of Roger Osborne.
I did not see the game but Sir Bobby was quoted as saying that Paul Overton was our best player.

I have already said on this thread that Jim Thorburn was probably the worst goalkeeper I have seen for us.

i reckon wilf hall was not far behind him

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Town Keeper on 23:48 - Oct 3 with 3460 viewsCurrie10

Now while I like Bart and think he's a decent keeper, Gerken is nowhere near as bad as what people say. At times can do the ridiculous well, yet makes some basic mistakes.

If I were him unless he's on a good wedge at us as no 2 which he surely is I'd be looking to move on. Too good to not be playing.
Town Keeper on 00:33 - Oct 4 with 3446 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Town Keeper on 23:48 - Oct 3 by Currie10

Now while I like Bart and think he's a decent keeper, Gerken is nowhere near as bad as what people say. At times can do the ridiculous well, yet makes some basic mistakes.

If I were him unless he's on a good wedge at us as no 2 which he surely is I'd be looking to move on. Too good to not be playing.

I don't think people are saying Gerken is a bad keeper Currie. They are saying Gerken as first choice and 81 year old Ray Crawford on the subs bench might not be the best combination.

MMcCarthyisaGod

Town Keeper on 02:51 - Oct 4 with 3426 viewsharlingblue

Bart is a very good keeper, but should come off his line more to help his centre backs at corners. Also his kicking from hand should be drilled more towards our attackers instead of the lofted ball that is always a 60/40% win for the facing defence.
on 06:41 - Oct 4 with 3407 views_

Town Keeper on 00:33 - Oct 4 by BrettenhamBlue

I don't think people are saying Gerken is a bad keeper Currie. They are saying Gerken as first choice and 81 year old Ray Crawford on the subs bench might not be the best combination.

Town Keeper on 07:21 - Oct 4 with 3400 viewsArnieM

Town Keeper on 13:09 - Oct 3 by Pilgrimblue

Well if Bart is the best then something is wrong with our coaching. His kicking from hand is pants, too high and just aimed anywhere. Also unlike most clubs at our level he rarely rolls out to get team in possession. He probably only throws out few times but is that because nobody is looking for ball or too slow to run into space.
As for goal kicks, I don't get it that all 20 players are massed together on one side (never in Prem!). Just occasionally (maybe once) Kenlock or Jonas has stayed out wide to receive ball in oceans of space. Last Saturday Bristol defence just collected every ball either directly or after Garner had out-jumped his marker only to give ball away. It worked with Murphy but not now!
This is what pi$$es me off about MM. His tactics are rubbish when something different is needed. I mean when did we last score from a free kick?

Spot on!

Bart for all his excellent reflex goalkeeping ( which always looks spectacular and is stunning at times), sadly he is actually no better than Gerkin when considering the basics of goalkeeping i.e.

1 Command of area
2 Ability to catch the ball and kill the opponents attack
3 Dead ball kicking , kicking from hand - he's almost incapable in some games to keep the all in play!
4. He is also on occasions slow to get down to the ball.

I welcome the down arrows - bring it on. The facts are simple . Apart from his reflex goalkeeping he is no better than an average CC goalkeeper.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town Keeper on 08:04 - Oct 4 with 3391 viewsbluejake78

It was only when Gerks got injured that gave Bart a chance.At the time Gerks was playing well.
My point is Bart is not a 100% goalie finished object....note how many clubs came in for him on the transfer window.
Leeds had 2 shots on target but scored 3.
Give Gerks a chance.
As for Ray Crawford....a slip in my original post.I saw him a couple of times in his latter career but doff my cap when playing for Colchester when they beat the mighty Leeds that was a Col u TWTD.
Town Keeper on 08:58 - Oct 4 with 3379 viewsNo9

Town Keeper on 12:32 - Oct 3 by PJH

I think Jim Thorburn probably "wins" that but you are much too young to know that.

Agreed I can't recall any worse than him
on 09:04 - Oct 4 with 3373 views_

Town Keeper on 08:04 - Oct 4 by bluejake78

It was only when Gerks got injured that gave Bart a chance.At the time Gerks was playing well.
My point is Bart is not a 100% goalie finished object....note how many clubs came in for him on the transfer window.
Leeds had 2 shots on target but scored 3.
Give Gerks a chance.
As for Ray Crawford....a slip in my original post.I saw him a couple of times in his latter career but doff my cap when playing for Colchester when they beat the mighty Leeds that was a Col u TWTD.

Town Keeper on 09:23 - Oct 4 with 3369 viewsSwailsey

Is anyone around to provide stats on ALB’s goals to game ratio, ideally in percentage form?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 09:48 - Oct 4 with 3358 views_

Town Keeper on 09:23 - Oct 4 by Swailsey

Is anyone around to provide stats on ALB’s goals to game ratio, ideally in percentage form?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024