Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Apple AirPod owners around? 14:16 - Oct 26 with 3279 viewsipswich78

I've been looking at these and think I will make a purchase shortly, however I have yet to find anyone who owns a pair.

Now I have read all the reviews etc. and understand the pros and cons (i.e. sound quality etc.) however for me, from a convenience point of view and ease of use across multiple devices they seem to tick more boxes than other similar products on the market.

For those that have them - how have you found them?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:01 - Oct 26 with 3258 viewsBOjK

I bought a pair (I'm listening to music with them at the moment) and am very happy with them. They are much better than I expected tbh.

Really convienent. Decent battery last. Super-fast recharge when in that little carrying case thingy. Double-tap to pause music (or take one out). Plus various Siri features that I never use.

What's not to like?

I read a fairly lengthy and serious report the other day saying that Apple doesn't overprice its accessories in the way people think they do. And the Airpods are an example of that. I don't think there were more than a handful of similar products on the market when they launched (if that) and Airpods were better and cheaper than all of those. Same with the Apple Watch (except that *was* more expensive, but was far superior to the competition). Anyway Apple seems to have this strategy of selling their accessories at a low price to keep you in the eco-system. (Their lightning cables are a notable exception to this).

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:02 - Oct 26 with 3255 viewschicoazul

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:01 - Oct 26 by BOjK

I bought a pair (I'm listening to music with them at the moment) and am very happy with them. They are much better than I expected tbh.

Really convienent. Decent battery last. Super-fast recharge when in that little carrying case thingy. Double-tap to pause music (or take one out). Plus various Siri features that I never use.

What's not to like?

I read a fairly lengthy and serious report the other day saying that Apple doesn't overprice its accessories in the way people think they do. And the Airpods are an example of that. I don't think there were more than a handful of similar products on the market when they launched (if that) and Airpods were better and cheaper than all of those. Same with the Apple Watch (except that *was* more expensive, but was far superior to the competition). Anyway Apple seems to have this strategy of selling their accessories at a low price to keep you in the eco-system. (Their lightning cables are a notable exception to this).

Apols for barging in on the thread. Do they sit in your ears ok? I have never found the buds Apple supply to be comfortable and they fall out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:08 - Oct 26 with 3246 viewsBOjK

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:02 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

Apols for barging in on the thread. Do they sit in your ears ok? I have never found the buds Apple supply to be comfortable and they fall out.

They do, yes. I was concerned about that, but tried them out in the Apple shop and they assured me that I had 14 days to return them if they didn't work out for me, so I bought them.

Haven't regretted it at all.

That said I didn't experience your problem with apple buds falling out.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:08 - Oct 26 with 3241 viewsGlasgowBlue

They don't sit well in the ear so no good for sports use. Go for Sony Gear Icon X .

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:09 - Oct 26 with 3233 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

and what happens if one falls out and you lose it?
Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:09 - Oct 26 with 3232 viewsipswich78

That was one of my concerns as well, however there appears to be quite a few things on the market which can help with that if they don't quite fit your ears.

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:09 - Oct 26 with 3224 viewschicoazul

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:08 - Oct 26 by BOjK

They do, yes. I was concerned about that, but tried them out in the Apple shop and they assured me that I had 14 days to return them if they didn't work out for me, so I bought them.

Haven't regretted it at all.

That said I didn't experience your problem with apple buds falling out.

Thank you brother.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:10 - Oct 26 with 3223 viewsipswich78

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:09 - Oct 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

and what happens if one falls out and you lose it?

Same as if you lose your wallet, phone, car keys etc... Or if you are nearby you can use a find feature which makes an audible noise.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 15:10]

Login to get fewer ads

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:11 - Oct 26 with 3210 viewschicoazul

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:08 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

They don't sit well in the ear so no good for sports use. Go for Sony Gear Icon X .

TYB. I want a pair but I find the buds I got with the phone fall out at anything other than a light walk, obviously I have weird ears.

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:12 - Oct 26 with 3208 viewsGlasgowBlue

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:10 - Oct 26 by ipswich78

Same as if you lose your wallet, phone, car keys etc... Or if you are nearby you can use a find feature which makes an audible noise.

When you pay that sort of money for them you tend to look after them.

Iron Lion Zion

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:13 - Oct 26 with 3202 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:10 - Oct 26 by ipswich78

~It's the embarrassment of scrabbling around on hands and knees under someone elses seat on the plane that bothers me. Or the iPhone advert in London that basically says "please stick a knife in my face"
Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:14 - Oct 26 with 3199 viewsGlasgowBlue

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:11 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

TYB. I want a pair but I find the buds I got with the phone fall out at anything other than a light walk, obviously I have weird ears.

I think I have weird ears because I also had problems with most ear phones being lose. The Samsung Icon X had great suction and they are the only ones I have had no problem with,

Poor battery life though so only good for sports. They won't last you all day.

Iron Lion Zion

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:24 - Oct 26 with 3176 viewsipswich78

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:13 - Oct 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

~It's the embarrassment of scrabbling around on hands and knees under someone elses seat on the plane that bothers me. Or the iPhone advert in London that basically says "please stick a knife in my face"

Can you actually use wireless headphones on planes yet?

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 16:29 - Oct 26 with 3148 viewsBOjK

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:24 - Oct 26 by ipswich78

Can you actually use wireless headphones on planes yet?

Everyone does.

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 16:30 - Oct 26 with 3144 viewsBOjK

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 15:13 - Oct 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

You'd want something with active noise cancelling for a plane.

Any Apple AirPod owners around? on 16:57 - Nov 2 with 2974 viewsipswich78

Update... I decided to get a paid and will say so far I am not disappointed at all. For convenience factor (and connectivity) they are superb. Battery life seems to be very solid, I will mostly be listening to podcasts / audiobooks so no issues on the sound quality front in that respect. Will be testing them a little more with music soon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024