Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! 10:09 - Nov 3 with 2026 viewsSitfcB

Suffolk/Norfolk police take not.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:12 - Nov 3 with 2022 viewsSarge

Friday night is a sh1t time for a football game
So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:16 - Nov 3 with 2009 viewsSitfcB

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:12 - Nov 3 by Sarge

Friday night is a sh1t time for a football game

Maybe so, but no reason why we can't have a Sat 3pm KO if they're having a Friday night 19:45KO

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:17 - Nov 3 with 2006 viewsSarge

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:16 - Nov 3 by SitfcB

Maybe so, but no reason why we can't have a Sat 3pm KO if they're having a Friday night 19:45KO

True although the fact it is inevitably and regrettably televised means no chance of Sat 3pm.
So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:18 - Nov 3 with 2007 viewsclive_baker

Maybe they're taking note of when they let it be played on a Thursday night a few years back. Norwich pulled our pants down, I've never seen so many smashed people in a football stadium and there were c. 50 arrests and countless other incidents across the afternoon and evening.

As much as it sucks, and I agree 12 is too early, a Sunday does make sense. Perhaps 1:30 would be better though. Or here's a novel idea, 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:19 - Nov 3 with 2004 viewsRadlett_blue

The big difference is that in the Sheffield derby, most of the fans live in & around Sheffield & come to the came from various parts of the city. So making it a "bubble" match isn't practical. A more valid comparison is the Newcastle - Sunderland game.
That having been said, I think the policing & kick off times for the Norwich game are way over the top. I would only say that it shouldn't kick off later than 3pm on a weekend. Was there really much trouble when we last played the game on Saturday at 3pm?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:33 - Nov 3 with 1964 viewsSteve_M

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:19 - Nov 3 by Radlett_blue

The big difference is that in the Sheffield derby, most of the fans live in & around Sheffield & come to the came from various parts of the city. So making it a "bubble" match isn't practical. A more valid comparison is the Newcastle - Sunderland game.
That having been said, I think the policing & kick off times for the Norwich game are way over the top. I would only say that it shouldn't kick off later than 3pm on a weekend. Was there really much trouble when we last played the game on Saturday at 3pm?

When was the last one at 3pm on a Saturday? The 5-0? Actually with TV coverage and the police I think we've only played them twice on a Saturday at 3pm since 1992 (the other one being the Megson one).

Have I missed any?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:49 - Nov 3 with 1933 viewsWickets

Be nice to win one whatever time it starts!
So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 11:12 - Nov 3 with 1915 viewsRadlett_blue

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 10:33 - Nov 3 by Steve_M

When was the last one at 3pm on a Saturday? The 5-0? Actually with TV coverage and the police I think we've only played them twice on a Saturday at 3pm since 1992 (the other one being the Megson one).

Have I missed any?

I think you're right. Was just wondering if there was much trouble last time it was a 3pm kick off. The endless 12:00 Sundays & bubble type policing don't make for a great day for the 90% of fans who are law abiding.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 13:30 - Nov 3 with 1813 viewsIllinoisblue

So the Sheffield Derby is allowed to be played on a Friday night....! on 11:12 - Nov 3 by Radlett_blue

I think you're right. Was just wondering if there was much trouble last time it was a 3pm kick off. The endless 12:00 Sundays & bubble type policing don't make for a great day for the 90% of fans who are law abiding.

I think for the 5-0 a lot of budgies left early so probbaly reduced the chance of trouble.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024