Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi with Pulse Build 08:40 - Nov 8 with 9507 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Are any of you using Pulse on Kodi? If so, have you been experiencing problems?
For the past 5 days I've hardly been able to access anything from the TV and movies section. Pulse starts up OK and updates the add-ons when necessary. it scans for streams and then gives you a choice of what stream to watch. That's when it all goes wrong. Some streams just fail, while others state working but as it's about to change to the player it goes back to the previous menu.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:17 - Nov 8 with 3292 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:07 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

I’m not sure what you’re saying. You’ve bought the CD, the vinyl? Both? Neither?

The price descrepencies between the CD buying public or the people that exclusively buy vinyl.
If I'm forking out £20+ on vinyl, I'm sure as hell not spending another £5/£6.99 on purchasing it again on CD, when I can find a place to download the entire album on MP3 for free.

That was my point about paying twice/three times as much.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 21:19]
Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:19 - Nov 8 with 3289 viewsStokieBlue

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:17 - Nov 8 by Johnny_Boy

The price descrepencies between the CD buying public or the people that exclusively buy vinyl.
If I'm forking out £20+ on vinyl, I'm sure as hell not spending another £5/£6.99 on purchasing it again on CD, when I can find a place to download the entire album on MP3 for free.

That was my point about paying twice/three times as much.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 21:19]

Is that actually illegal though? If you've purchased the content (in this case on vinyl) I am not sure the medium is the copyrighted thing?

So you can download the mp3 for your own consumption.

Need a legal bod to confirm though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:24 - Nov 8 with 3284 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:19 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

Is that actually illegal though? If you've purchased the content (in this case on vinyl) I am not sure the medium is the copyrighted thing?

SB

No idea.

Thankfully, when it comes to new albums coming out on vinyl, selected artists tend to include a download code for the album you've just purchased in digital format. You simply head to a website, punch in the individual code, usually get a choice of what format you would like (FLAC or MP3), then you get 1 individual zipped folder download to your computer. Job done.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 22:34]
Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:45 - Nov 8 with 3264 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:19 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

SB

It isn’t legal. If you’re downloading a dodgy MP3, it’s still dodgy, however many times you’ve previously bought it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:47 - Nov 8 with 3264 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:24 - Nov 8 by Johnny_Boy

No idea.

Thankfully, when it comes to new albums coming out on vinyl, selected artists tend to include a download code for the album you've just purchased in digital format. You simply head to a website, punch in the individual code, usually get a choice of what format you would like (FLAC or MP3), then you get 1 individual zipped folder download to your computer. Job done.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 22:34]

It’s not a grey area. It’s illegal.

Of an album includes a download code, you’re buying both the vinyl and a download. If you buy a format with Autorip from Amazon, you’re legitimately buying both.

If you buy a vinyl album, it isn’t legal to rip an MP3 from a dodgy download site.

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:56 - Nov 8 with 3259 viewsStokieBlue

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:45 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

It isn’t legal. If you’re downloading a dodgy MP3, it’s still dodgy, however many times you’ve previously bought it.

Fair enough.

It's not something I do as streaming is far easier but I thought you were paying for the content not the medium. Same for ROMs on emulators back in the day and such things.

For instance, you own the content on your CD so if you then rip that to mp3 for your use on your computer that's not illegal - you've paid for the content not the medium.

Happy to be corrected if that's wrong.

SB

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 3254 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:56 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

Fair enough.

It's not something I do as streaming is far easier but I thought you were paying for the content not the medium. Same for ROMs on emulators back in the day and such things.

For instance, you own the content on your CD so if you then rip that to mp3 for your use on your computer that's not illegal - you've paid for the content not the medium.

Happy to be corrected if that's wrong.

SB

It’s not legal to rip a CD in the Uk. That’s precisely because you are paying for the format, not the content.

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:03 - Nov 8 with 3251 viewsStokieBlue

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:00 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

It’s not legal to rip a CD in the Uk. That’s precisely because you are paying for the format, not the content.

Fair enough, I see it was legal for a short time but been illegal since July 2015.

Still no idea why anyone would though given the services available nowadays.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 3238 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:03 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

Fair enough, I see it was legal for a short time but been illegal since July 2015.

Still no idea why anyone would though given the services available nowadays.

SB

Indeed. Personally, I access all my music via my Spotify account. For £10 a month, being able to listen to pretty much any music from the history of music is a fantastic deal.

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:24 - Nov 8 with 3234 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:00 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

How else would people put songs onto their iPods / generic MP3 players? You would need to RIP it onto your hard drive.

If you were to then use that ripped digital format (which you've already paid for) & BURN it onto a CD-R & it's exclusively for your own use (in your car) how can that be seen as criminal? Surely as long as you weren't distributing that said CD.....freely or for a profit.

What about buying an album on ITunes in MP3 format & you wish to burn it onto a CD-R for your own consumption?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 22:30]
Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:28 - Nov 8 with 3229 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:24 - Nov 8 by Johnny_Boy

How else would people put songs onto their iPods / generic MP3 players? You would need to RIP it onto your hard drive.

If you were to then use that ripped digital format (which you've already paid for) & BURN it onto a CD-R & it's exclusively for your own use (in your car) how can that be seen as criminal? Surely as long as you weren't distributing that said CD.....freely or for a profit.

What about buying an album on ITunes in MP3 format & you wish to burn it onto a CD-R for your own consumption?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 22:30]

This is not an opinion. It’s a fact. Sorry.

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:32 - Nov 8 with 3225 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:28 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

This is not an opinion. It’s a fact. Sorry.

So, how would one put their cd selection onto a iPod?
Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:39 - Nov 8 with 3223 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:32 - Nov 8 by Johnny_Boy

So, how would one put their cd selection onto a iPod?

You’d buy downloads.

I think you’re a bit confused though. I’m not saying it’s my opinion, it’s simply fact.
Do a little Google research and you’ll get it confirmed for you.

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:39 - Nov 8 with 3222 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 21:47 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

It’s not a grey area. It’s illegal.

Of an album includes a download code, you’re buying both the vinyl and a download. If you buy a format with Autorip from Amazon, you’re legitimately buying both.

If you buy a vinyl album, it isn’t legal to rip an MP3 from a dodgy download site.

I never said it was legal - I just gave my reasoning for doing it. You may not like that.

The reasoning you glossed over when I said a specific album was £20.99 on vinyl & only £5.99 on CD.

(and no, the vinyl didn't come with a download code!)
Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:43 - Nov 8 with 3220 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:12 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

Indeed. Personally, I access all my music via my Spotify account. For £10 a month, being able to listen to pretty much any music from the history of music is a fantastic deal.

You are aware the artists get virtually nothing of that!
Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:53 - Nov 8 with 3215 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:39 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

You’d buy downloads.

I think you’re a bit confused though. I’m not saying it’s my opinion, it’s simply fact.
Do a little Google research and you’ll get it confirmed for you.

Again. Wouldn't that require me to purchase every single CD album I have ever owned again as a digital download?! You see my predicament.

For somebody that happily pays £10 to Spotify, where the artists receive virtually nothing from that, I do find your morally-tutting a bit rich when you hypothetically claim the artists "can't afford to eat" stance.
Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:04 - Nov 8 with 3208 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 22:53 - Nov 8 by Johnny_Boy

Again. Wouldn't that require me to purchase every single CD album I have ever owned again as a digital download?! You see my predicament.

For somebody that happily pays £10 to Spotify, where the artists receive virtually nothing from that, I do find your morally-tutting a bit rich when you hypothetically claim the artists "can't afford to eat" stance.

Artists don’t receive “virtually nothing” from Spotify. What they receive depends entirely on their label deals. If an artist doesn’t have a label, he/she earns directly from Spotify.

Spotify pays out 70% of its income from subs and ads to rights holders, and retains the other 30%. Its all pretty transparent.

I didn’t say artists “can’t afford to eat”. I said you aren’t paying them for the MP3s you steal. And no amount of obfuscating changes that, I’m afraid.

Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:20 - Nov 8 with 3191 viewsbournemouthblue

Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:04 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

Artists don’t receive “virtually nothing” from Spotify. What they receive depends entirely on their label deals. If an artist doesn’t have a label, he/she earns directly from Spotify.

Spotify pays out 70% of its income from subs and ads to rights holders, and retains the other 30%. Its all pretty transparent.

I didn’t say artists “can’t afford to eat”. I said you aren’t paying them for the MP3s you steal. And no amount of obfuscating changes that, I’m afraid.

Don't artists make the bulk of their money from touring, they use YouTube as a promotion for this ultimately?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:25 - Nov 8 with 3182 viewsJohnny_Boy

Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:04 - Nov 8 by Superfrans

The labels themselves make the thick wedge of the profits from music streaming sites. Not technically the artists themselves, unless you happen to be of the elite - like the Ga Ga's etc...

The fact of the matter is, if I were to only purchase 1 vinyl record a month - the artist sees more of that than practically any of that £10 you give to Spotify.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 23:28]
Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:39 - Nov 8 with 3173 viewsSuperfrans

Kodi with Pulse Build on 23:25 - Nov 8 by Johnny_Boy

The labels themselves make the thick wedge of the profits from music streaming sites. Not technically the artists themselves, unless you happen to be of the elite - like the Ga Ga's etc...

The fact of the matter is, if I were to only purchase 1 vinyl record a month - the artist sees more of that than practically any of that £10 you give to Spotify.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 23:28]

Both the Spotify income and the vinyl album will be governed by the same record deal. So I wouldn’t be so confident.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024