Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 22:03 - Nov 25 with 1428 viewsMach_foreignBlue

There isn't much to report from the match in all honesty. The less said about the 2nd half the better. Therefore this post is also going to contain my moaning. I was bashed by some 'superfans' last week in my Hull report. So I'd advice those people to put me on ignore or just not to read it.

First half I can accept our team's performance. Effort wise it wasn't too bad. They tried. However there was no central midfield whatsoever during the entire game and many our attempts would begin with the hoofs from our central backs.

Sears who himself played in that 3 men line behind Garner tried a lot. Cooperated well with Knudsen at times but in fact was playing as a left winger. Even Stevie Wonder would have found out long ago that Sears wasn't a winger. But that one who is our manager and who himself thinks he knows best still carries on playing him in his unnatural position.
He played better though in compare to last Wednesday whereas Ward once again was completely useless.

The disallowed Garner's goal. I can't comment if it was a correct decision as it was too far from our end.

Villa fans hadn't been happy with their team's recent home performances. The defeat to Sheffield Wed followed by below par one against Sunderland last Tuesday. And it came as no surprise for me because they were poor. There was barely a threat and it was us on the front foot for the most of the time. As I've said that effort wise it was fine. I couldn't question that however we badly lacked that element of quality every time we got into their box. Their defence was shaky and that was the chance for us. Many corners however no good outcome out of that. Johnstone in the Villa's goal despite all our efforts remained untroubled.
The goal which Villa scored came against run of play and was a bit harsh on us but this is what you pay for calamitous defending. Everyone is on Iorfa's back but before the ball reached Adomah in our box no-one was bothered to challenge Whelan who set this all up.

Half time reflections? We needed more courage in the second half and the introduction of Celina and Huws. They both came on in the 2nd half but turned out to be a big disappointment. So was the entire Ipswich team.

Second half was terrible. Was extremely painful to watch. There is practically nothing to report. I mean any positive aspects. Skuse's shot was blocked by their defender and Waghorn's good delivery from the corner was followed by Garner's header that went over. Two little pointless things and nothing else.

Iorfa's fatal positioning led to their 2nd goal and the game was beyond reach. The heads dropped but that ain't excuse. Why on earth the team didn't show a bit of effort to get back to this? As had been the case in the 1st half we had no central midfield. We chase the game so we needed a few extra yards forward from everyone particularly non-existing midfield. But no ! Skuse very comfortable in his customary 'safety mode' and offering no support whatsoever for the strikers and Connolly not doing better.

And we kept hoofing. Strong, athletic Villa defenders and we hoof and hoof. Well done McCarthy ! What a genius ! Simple passes that could create an opportunity were beyond our scope. There was literally nothing to worry for their defence and Johnstone. The latter will have been bored sh1tless.

The 2nd half remainded us who we were. Just a drifting average Championship club. I can accept the defeat but I want the team to show some commitment and desire. There was none of that. Never ever have I left any football ground before the final whistle. I didn't do this today either but if I had done so I wouldn't have missed anything. We looked like a non-league outfit for the majority of 2nd half. So painful to watch.

Some people, the 'positive brigade' keeps screaming about the goals we have been scoring this season but what about our defending? Mistakes time and time again and it doesn't look we're going to eradicate that. According to some Skuse who is 'vital' part of our team and second defensive midfielder give us a protection. What protection I am asking? We keep shipping goals so what's the point in playing two defensive midfielders? Why not offering support for the strikers instead? I don't know what is going on during the team's training sessions. No extra work for defenders? But it has to be mentioned that once again lack of investment is a significant reason of that. The money weren't invested last summer to sign a proper central back.
Iorfa? Wolverhampton are sick of mediocrity and decided to go for promotion and we take of their average/poor players on loan. Ipswich Town the kings of mediocrity are happy to take up that option. But the other question is what does Iorfa offer us that Emmanuel didn't? Really stupid decision to send the latter out on loan.

I've heard comments that Villa spent a hell lot of money in compare to us. Yes and we aren't in the same league as Villa in terms of spending. But very often when I was voicing my frustration over MODERATE lack of investment from Evans in the last few years I was labelled as a member of TWTD Derby fan-club by some idiots here.

Very poor performance last week against Hull followed by the positive one against Sheffield Wed and again brought down back to earth today. 2nd half was a sheer agony . We don't eradicate our defensive mistakes, we keep playing two defensive midfielders regardless of result.

The day to forget.

Derby away , Middlesbrough away, Wolves away...... LOL ! Happy days !
Match thoughts on 01:42 - Nov 26 with 1305 viewsartsbossbeard

Keep smiling.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match thoughts on 06:28 - Nov 26 with 1232 viewsBenters

Never mind Mach.

Dont let the HC'S bring you down,if thats how you see it,share it,like you said they dont have to read it.

I know you watched it on Wednesday,and as you know i really enjoyed that game.

We really do miss Didzy when he isnt playing dont we.How long is he out for?

All the best.

Bentaz x

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024