Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoldrick is back to being crap I see 15:13 - Jan 4 with 3705 viewsBluefish

Out fans really are dickheads

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:15 - Jan 4 with 3699 viewstheipswichman

Surely people haven't said that? quality player, however since he's off at the end of the season anyway i'm not too bothered if he plays or not.
McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:18 - Jan 4 with 3685 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Well, at least you have come clean to being a dickhead!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:21 - Jan 4 with 3674 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:15 - Jan 4 by theipswichman

Surely people haven't said that? quality player, however since he's off at the end of the season anyway i'm not too bothered if he plays or not.

Of course they have. It happens regularly in the season and then he comes back in the team and they say how brilliant he is

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:21 - Jan 4 with 3669 viewsstig4532

Football is a team game and the team haven't been particularly amazing this season.
McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 3659 viewsIllinoisblue

leaving aside your trolling/hysteria for one moment, it's interesting to look at his appearance stats since he's been with us. He's got a bit of a reputation as a sicknote, but his appearance totals aren't that terrible:

16/17 - 33 appearances
15/16 - 29 appearances
14/15 - 31 appearances
13/14 - 34 appearances

He's clearly not a 46-game warrior a la Chambo, but not like he's missing half of every season either.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:35 - Jan 4 with 3638 viewsSW6Tractor

I don't think many people will have said that in seriousness...

His level of production for us in the last 3 years have not matched expectation. He has the best first touch and ability to beat the first man in the club, but often lacks an end product. Given he's a (likely) a top wage earner and we have Dozzell on the up, maybe time to move on from DMG?
McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:40 - Jan 4 with 3624 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:35 - Jan 4 by SW6Tractor

I don't think many people will have said that in seriousness...

His level of production for us in the last 3 years have not matched expectation. He has the best first touch and ability to beat the first man in the club, but often lacks an end product. Given he's a (likely) a top wage earner and we have Dozzell on the up, maybe time to move on from DMG?

Just seen him described as an average player than standouts for us just because he can control the ball.

Seen lots of worse ones in the past saying he is rubbish and over rated.

I drinking from my David McGoldrick mug as I type this. The man is a thing of beauty

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:41 - Jan 4 with 3619 viewsWeirdFishes

He’s clearly not crap in the slightest. I personally don’t think he fits into our best side and would rather we got a bit of a fee for him and brought someone in who does rather than squeeze in DMG out of position.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:51 - Jan 4 with 3599 viewsStenvict

I don't rate him, and haven't for a while.

I admit he has had some good games, but in general I don't believe he suits how we are trying to play these days. Any footballer should be able to turn with the ball and play a simple pass, like DM does that gets standing ovations sometimes. Waghorn and Garner are more important to the team than DM IMO.

Poll: What will be announced first?

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:17 - Jan 4 with 3554 viewstextbackup

I dream of seeing our team with him teddy and dozzell in it, but as he is desperate to get back to the midlands (would take a drop in wages and league to do so) I doubt I’ll see my dream

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:22 - Jan 4 with 3530 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:17 - Jan 4 by textbackup

I dream of seeing our team with him teddy and dozzell in it, but as he is desperate to get back to the midlands (would take a drop in wages and league to do so) I doubt I’ll see my dream

We can dream of a midfield with teddy, Dozzell and nydam

I have massive hopes for nydam

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:24 - Jan 4 with 3520 viewsSuperfrans

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:40 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

Just seen him described as an average player than standouts for us just because he can control the ball.

Seen lots of worse ones in the past saying he is rubbish and over rated.

I drinking from my David McGoldrick mug as I type this. The man is a thing of beauty

Anyone who doesn’t rate him knows nothing - and I mean, nothing - about football. I don’t care who they are. He’s the most naturally talented footballer we’ve had signed to the club for a decade,

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:28 - Jan 4 with 3502 viewstheipswichman

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 15:41 - Jan 4 by WeirdFishes

He’s clearly not crap in the slightest. I personally don’t think he fits into our best side and would rather we got a bit of a fee for him and brought someone in who does rather than squeeze in DMG out of position.

I have an idea, there's this guy in league 1 scoring a few goals called Kieffer Moore - Maybe we could get him?
McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:38 - Jan 4 with 3477 viewsGuthrum

He's not "crap" by any stretch of the imagination, but equally I don't think he's capable of changing a game entirely on his own (see the difference between last season, lacking support, and this, with better players around him). Plus, since returning from the groin injury, his form has not yet recovered.

He also doesn't fit in that well with our recent tactic of long diagonal balls for Waghorn to chase, especially when he has to play deeper in the midfield, or out wide.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 17:05 - Jan 4 with 3442 viewsSuperfrans

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 16:38 - Jan 4 by Guthrum

He's not "crap" by any stretch of the imagination, but equally I don't think he's capable of changing a game entirely on his own (see the difference between last season, lacking support, and this, with better players around him). Plus, since returning from the groin injury, his form has not yet recovered.

He also doesn't fit in that well with our recent tactic of long diagonal balls for Waghorn to chase, especially when he has to play deeper in the midfield, or out wide.

People do have such short memories. He was one of our best players from the start of the season until the Sheff Wed match, getting over 7/10 in the vast majority of games. Since then he’s been injured and struggled in his two appearances. But he was definitely still got it. If he leaves, he’ll be very hard to replace...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see (n/t) on 17:46 - Jan 4 with 3401 viewsBackToRussia

[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:46]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 17:50 - Jan 4 with 3392 viewsPJH

McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 17:05 - Jan 4 by Superfrans

People do have such short memories. He was one of our best players from the start of the season until the Sheff Wed match, getting over 7/10 in the vast majority of games. Since then he’s been injured and struggled in his two appearances. But he was definitely still got it. If he leaves, he’ll be very hard to replace...

I agree.
He had a very good start to the season and looked the class player that he undoubtedly is.
He could get back to that form again because the talent is there.

He could not be replaced by anyone that we have here at the moment because he is,when on form, better than anyone else with that we have apart from maybe Celina

Having said that I would think his leaving would do us less damage than Bart leaving.
McGoldrick is back to being crap I see on 17:59 - Jan 4 with 3377 viewsTheBlueBarca

Didz's early form and fitness was one of the main reasons we're now in the top half, rather than the bottom. Lets face it, if we're begin realistic, aside from the first 5 games Garner hasn't been all that great for us either (hardly a shock given the way the team set up to be fair) but he doesn't get any of the backlash for it the same way as Didz and even Sears do.

He'll move on, Evans will like the fee to loss manage and we'll drop down the table, while Didz, like Murph, will earn one last payday and promotion.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024