Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. 21:02 - Jan 13 with 48972 viewsartsbossbeard

..there's always a decent atmosphere.

What I don't understand is their reliance on coach travel. A simple train journey to London, a couple of beers around the station then back up to the 1970's would be a better option, surely?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:06 - Jan 13 with 12432 viewsRonFearonsHair

I'm glad we left it later to score today. Usually we are a couple of goals up against them by the hour mark and they all go quiet.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:52 - Jan 13 with 12331 viewsVerloc

We're Yorkshire men. Coach travel is cheaper.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:55 - Jan 13 with 12311 viewspointofblue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:52 - Jan 13 by Verloc

We're Yorkshire men. Coach travel is cheaper.

I don't know if there was an accident blocking the road down from Leeds but the coaches didn't get to the ground until around 2.30pm.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:56 - Jan 13 with 12311 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:06 - Jan 13 by RonFearonsHair

I'm glad we left it later to score today. Usually we are a couple of goals up against them by the hour mark and they all go quiet.

At least we bring enough to make a noise in the first place. Remind me again how many Ipswich supporters were at Elland Road.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:58 - Jan 13 with 12291 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:55 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

I don't know if there was an accident blocking the road down from Leeds but the coaches didn't get to the ground until around 2.30pm.

Held back by the police as far as I'm aware. They always have a rendez-vous point don't they and then bring them all in together?
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:58 - Jan 13 with 12283 viewsBackToRussia

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:56 - Jan 13 by Verloc

At least we bring enough to make a noise in the first place. Remind me again how many Ipswich supporters were at Elland Road.

Remind us of the respective populations of Leeds and Ipswich.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:01 - Jan 13 with 12262 viewspointofblue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:58 - Jan 13 by Verloc

Held back by the police as far as I'm aware. They always have a rendez-vous point don't they and then bring them all in together?

Possibly but I would have thought the Police would want the visiting fans in the ground well before the Ipswich fans arrived? Unless one coach got held up somewhere and the remainder had to wait for it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:02 - Jan 13 with 12254 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:58 - Jan 13 by BackToRussia

Doesn't explain why you bring fewer than 1,000 to Elland Road. Your home gates are not that catastrophic
Login to get fewer ads

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:03 - Jan 13 with 12241 viewsBackToRussia

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:02 - Jan 13 by Verloc

Doesn't explain why you bring fewer than 1,000 to Elland Road. Your home gates are not that catastrophic

I suppose it's because people don't like rocks being chucked at them.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:04 - Jan 13 with 12232 viewsDeano69

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:58 - Jan 13 by BackToRussia

Leeds about 750,000
Ipswich less than 150,000

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:05 - Jan 13 with 12222 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:01 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

Possibly but I would have thought the Police would want the visiting fans in the ground well before the Ipswich fans arrived? Unless one coach got held up somewhere and the remainder had to wait for it.

Don't know. Would have to ask the police. But I know I've occasionally missed KO due to the police pratting around. It's why I rarely use coach travel. I don't like to be "organised" by folk who don't give a damn about you.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:07 - Jan 13 with 12215 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:03 - Jan 13 by BackToRussia

I suppose it's because people don't like rocks being chucked at them.

A long time since that happened. And you never brought many before that anyway.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:09 - Jan 13 with 12195 viewsDeano69

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:56 - Jan 13 by Verloc

What difference does that even make?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:10 - Jan 13 with 12186 viewsPJH

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:07 - Jan 13 by Verloc

A long time since that happened. And you never brought many before that anyway.

Well I have been there several times, going back to 1969.
But you are right, we do not take huge numbers to Elland Road.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:10 - Jan 13 with 12182 viewsBackToRussia

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:04 - Jan 13 by Deano69

Leeds about 750,000

Mm, so 1000 of our away fans to 3500 of theirs, seems about right. Funny that.

Then add in all the Leeds fans who live in the rest of the country who don't have to travel as far.... yep, even righterer.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:11 - Jan 13 with 12177 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:04 - Jan 13 by Deano69

Leeds about 750,000

Population of catchment areas might be more relevant. But folk are so much more geographically mobile now in any case.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:14 - Jan 13 with 12162 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Remind us your crowds from 3,4,5 years ago. Half empty or at times more than half empty Elland Road. Big club, heh !
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:14 - Jan 13 with 12159 viewsDeano69

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:11 - Jan 13 by Verloc

Population of catchment areas might be more relevant. But folk are so much more geographically mobile now in any case.

180,000 in the Ipswich region and surrounding areas.

Still stacks up that proportionally our support away is bigger than yours. Not that it is as important to me as it seems to be for you.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:16 - Jan 13 with 12145 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:09 - Jan 13 by Deano69

What difference does that even make?

The suggestion that we "go quiet"? The implication that we are not "good supporters"? I'd rather be part of a Leeds away support than an Ipswich away support. That's what difference it makes.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:17 - Jan 13 with 12133 viewsDeano69

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:16 - Jan 13 by Verloc

The suggestion that we "go quiet"? The implication that we are not "good supporters"? I'd rather be part of a Leeds away support than an Ipswich away support. That's what difference it makes.

Of course you would, you support Leeds.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:17 - Jan 13 with 12135 viewsBloomBlue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 21:55 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

Stowmarket was full of them before the game. 6 coaches parked near the station, 3 coach loads at Stow football club all having beers before the game and 4 coaches in Combs Ford.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:18 - Jan 13 with 12130 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:14 - Jan 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

Remind us your crowds from 3,4,5 years ago. Half empty or at times more than half empty Elland Road. Big club, heh !

Far bigger than Ipswich.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:19 - Jan 13 with 12122 viewsnc41

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:11 - Jan 13 by Verloc

If we sent 1000 and you having 5 times the population, shouldn't you have brought 5,000?
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:19 - Jan 13 with 12122 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:18 - Jan 13 by Verloc

Far bigger than Ipswich.

Leeds are a densely populated place so to get 17k-18k at some matches at Elland Road have been quite embarrassing.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:21 - Jan 13 with 12105 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:10 - Jan 13 by BackToRussia

Mm, so 1000 of our away fans to 3500 of theirs, seems about right. Funny that.

Then add in all the Leeds fans who live in the rest of the country who don't have to travel as far.... yep, even righterer.

You generally bring fewer than 1,000. We'd have brought 5,6,7,000 easily if you'd given us the tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024