Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager 11:29 - Jan 15 with 6990 viewsWeirdFishes

They really are scraping the barrel.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 14:00 - Jan 15 with 1779 viewsuncle

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 11:38 - Jan 15 by solemio

Yes, Stoke have never had any good players.

Well, I suppose that Stanley Matthews fellow wasn't too bad.

Mick Mills?
Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 14:01 - Jan 15 with 1774 viewsPJH

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 14:00 - Jan 15 by uncle

Mick Mills?

Jimmy Robertson too.
Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 14:59 - Jan 15 with 1739 viewsParisBlue

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 14:01 - Jan 15 by PJH

Jimmy Robertson too.

And Graham Harbey...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 15:08 - Jan 15 with 1733 viewsGeoffSentence

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 12:16 - Jan 15 by farkenhell

Stoke, Suffolk?

Stoke City, I recall a thread from some while back where someone said they had played for them. Think it might have been someone with a 'paul' in their username. I appreciate this is all a little vague.

Sometime ago, not sure how long, someone who might have had 'paul' in their username said that they used to play for Stoke City, if I remember it correctly.

Not exactly conclusive, but good enough for social media.

Oh, and Budgycrusher definitely said he had a trial with them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 18:04 - Jan 15 with 1711 viewsmonty_radio

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 11:50 - Jan 15 by PJH

Although probably the very best of Stanley Matthews was at Blackpool.

I saw him play at PR for Stoke in the F.A. Cup in 1964 when he was just short of his 49th birthday.

If that's the game I'm thinking of I remember him standing on the touchline and pretty much making sure the grass in that spot stayed dry.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 18:13 - Jan 15 with 1708 viewsmonty_radio

According to BBC site Lambert, as well as managing Wolves, "also had spells in charge of Colchester, Wycombe Wanderers and Blackburn" - how soon the rain drowns those old open-bus paraders!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 18:17 - Jan 15 with 1705 viewsBackToRussia

Apparently Stoke wouldn't even interview a candidate unless they had PL experience.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 21:44 - Jan 15 with 1669 viewsBloomBlue

Really funny how the Stoke fans wanted Hughes out and ended up with Lambert, be careful what you wish for
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 22:01 - Jan 15 with 1657 viewswitchdoctor

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 11:50 - Jan 15 by PJH

Although probably the very best of Stanley Matthews was at Blackpool.

I saw him play at PR for Stoke in the F.A. Cup in 1964 when he was just short of his 49th birthday.

me too...did he score direct from a corner in that game or has senility got the better of me?..🤪
Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 22:09 - Jan 15 with 1651 viewsPJH

Paul Lambert to be appointed Stoke manager on 22:01 - Jan 15 by witchdoctor

me too...did he score direct from a corner in that game or has senility got the better of me?..🤪

The game finished 1-1 with Billy Baxter scoring for us(confirmed by The Men Who Made The Town) but no mention of who scored for Stoke but I certainly do not remember Matthews scoring from a corner or otherwise.
Apparently we played 81 minutes with 10 men because Gerry Baker went off injured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024