Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carayol 18:24 - Feb 24 with 5963 viewsbluehook

Just looked at the player ratings.
He looked like he had some pace, scored the goal and should have scored another. He played half the match and he’s rated 8.1 at the moment. Really??
Carayol on 18:25 - Feb 24 with 4500 viewsHerbivore

In fairness Bart usually gets that just for showing up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Carayol on 20:39 - Feb 24 with 4347 viewsCrock

He was very good. Not his fault he only played half the game.

Poll: Favourite number?

Carayol on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 4336 viewspoppiesman

When I first saw him play a few years ago for my other team , Kettering Town, he was quick but very raw. Didn't see much of him though as he pulled a hamstring after about 4 games and we never saw him again!
Good goal today though.
Carayol on 23:11 - Feb 24 with 4207 viewshowdonblue

Carayol on 20:50 - Feb 24 by poppiesman

When I first saw him play a few years ago for my other team , Kettering Town, he was quick but very raw. Didn't see much of him though as he pulled a hamstring after about 4 games and we never saw him again!
Good goal today though.

Hear hear class goal
Carayol on 06:57 - Feb 25 with 4107 viewschristiand

Carayol on 20:50 - Feb 24 by poppiesman

Good goal today though.

Yep he hasn’t even played 90 minutes in total here. Too many going overboard as if he is the new messiah, there’s a reason he was a free transfer from Forest. A good performance at PNE especially after illness, but far too early to really judge.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Carayol on 08:30 - Feb 25 with 4026 viewsHerbivore

Carayol on 18:25 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

In fairness Bart usually gets that just for showing up.

To emphasise this point, Bart is currently MoM for yesterday where he barely has a save to make. He's MoM for the Cardiff game where his only touch was to pick the ball out of the net. Insane.

Carayol on 08:46 - Feb 25 with 4011 viewsBrixtonBlue

Carayol on 06:57 - Feb 25 by christiand

Yep he hasn’t even played 90 minutes in total here. Too many going overboard as if he is the new messiah, there’s a reason he was a free transfer from Forest. A good performance at PNE especially after illness, but far too early to really judge.

He also put in a good performance in his brief cameo against Burton.

I don't see ANYONE "going overboard as if he is the new messiah" let alone "too many". Are you one of those who was writing him off before he even kicked a ball for Town?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Carayol on 08:55 - Feb 25 with 3992 viewschristiand

Carayol on 08:46 - Feb 25 by BrixtonBlue

He also put in a good performance in his brief cameo against Burton.

I don't see ANYONE "going overboard as if he is the new messiah" let alone "too many". Are you one of those who was writing him off before he even kicked a ball for Town?

Not at all BrixtonBlue, but when a player has been at other clubs and their supporters are all saying the same thing is that just a coincidence? He is a new player, he'll be wanting to impress and shock horror he had a good half yesterday and made a decent start at PR. Lets see what is he is like after a run of games, there's a reason a player is a free transfer. Lets not forget he is playing for a contract too!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Carayol on 09:22 - Feb 25 with 3948 viewsbackwaywhen

I went yesterday ....he has the talent without a doubt , very good in first half ...I dare say that somewhere in there , is a player with possible attitude, hence blows hot and cold and also upsets others around him ! .....only my opinion.
Carayol on 09:36 - Feb 25 with 3922 viewsBrixtonBlue

Carayol on 08:55 - Feb 25 by christiand

Not at all BrixtonBlue, but when a player has been at other clubs and their supporters are all saying the same thing is that just a coincidence? He is a new player, he'll be wanting to impress and shock horror he had a good half yesterday and made a decent start at PR. Lets see what is he is like after a run of games, there's a reason a player is a free transfer. Lets not forget he is playing for a contract too!!!

We've had loads of players on free transfers that have been excellent for us.

I totally advocate seeing what he's like after a run of games - that's why I don't understand this negativity from you and others. Can't you just say "he played well' and leave it at that? No-one is calling him the messiah.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Carayol on 09:44 - Feb 25 with 3894 viewschristiand

Carayol on 09:36 - Feb 25 by BrixtonBlue

We've had loads of players on free transfers that have been excellent for us.

I totally advocate seeing what he's like after a run of games - that's why I don't understand this negativity from you and others. Can't you just say "he played well' and leave it at that? No-one is calling him the messiah.

I have already acknowledged he played well in that first half yesterday, but what I am also saying it is very early days, lets not go overboard. My brother is a Forest fan and he goes regularly he said Carayol has unbelievable pace, but is too inconsistent - pretty much what every supporter has said about him at each club he has played for. Can't see that suddenly changing in a 29/30 year old player in the latter part of his career.

Although I will add he has made a decent start here at PR.

Carayol on 09:47 - Feb 25 with 3888 viewsstrikalite

Carayol on 08:55 - Feb 25 by christiand

Something seems rather odd that he can put in a performance like that yesterday and be up for a free transfer, so what's the Forest board saying? Has it been down to injuries? Attitude? I know I'm cynical, but you don't just end up with a player with such pace and athleticism in your hands for no reason....
Carayol on 09:52 - Feb 25 with 3879 viewsHerbivore

Carayol on 09:47 - Feb 25 by strikalite

Something seems rather odd that he can put in a performance like that yesterday and be up for a free transfer, so what's the Forest board saying? Has it been down to injuries? Attitude? I know I'm cynical, but you don't just end up with a player with such pace and athleticism in your hands for no reason....

Forest haven't exactly provided a good environment for players to thrive in recent years. There's a reason players who have struggled elsewhere often come here and do well.

Carayol on 10:01 - Feb 25 with 3866 viewschristiand

Carayol on 09:52 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Forest haven't exactly provided a good environment for players to thrive in recent years. There's a reason players who have struggled elsewhere often come here and do well.

Middlesborough I suppose is another environment where players struggle to perform? He's gone to a few clubs on loan: Brighton, Huddersfield and Leeds United and never signed permanently. Like I said, lets see what he is like after 10 games, it is still the honeymoon period.

Carayol on 10:14 - Feb 25 with 3841 viewsBrixtonBlue

Carayol on 09:44 - Feb 25 by christiand

I have already acknowledged he played well in that first half yesterday, but what I am also saying it is very early days, lets not go overboard. My brother is a Forest fan and he goes regularly he said Carayol has unbelievable pace, but is too inconsistent - pretty much what every supporter has said about him at each club he has played for. Can't see that suddenly changing in a 29/30 year old player in the latter part of his career.

Although I will add he has made a decent start here at PR.

Strange you didn't mention your brother earlier.

No-one is going overboard.

Yes he probably is inconsistent. If he wasn't he'd be playing in the Premier League. So what? If he plays like he can now and again that will be great for a club with our limited resources. And if Mick can get it out of him more often than other managers have, even better.

Carayol on 10:16 - Feb 25 with 3831 viewslinhdi

Massive pace and made all the difference first half. Not his fault he's been ill all week. Move of genius to give him the first half...
Carayol on 10:18 - Feb 25 with 3823 viewschristiand

Carayol on 10:14 - Feb 25 by BrixtonBlue

Strange you didn't mention your brother earlier.

No-one is going overboard.

Yes he probably is inconsistent. If he wasn't he'd be playing in the Premier League. So what? If he plays like he can now and again that will be great for a club with our limited resources. And if Mick can get it out of him more often than other managers have, even better.

Ultimately, think he'll prove one those frustrating type of players. If MM does get a tune out of him then great, but many have tried before and proved unsuccessful. When you have been to so many clubs and things haven't worked out long term that's no fluke.

Time will tell.

Carayol on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 3815 viewsBrixtonBlue

Carayol on 10:18 - Feb 25 by christiand

Ultimately, think he'll prove one those frustrating type of players. If MM does get a tune out of him then great, but many have tried before and proved unsuccessful. When you have been to so many clubs and things haven't worked out long term that's no fluke.

Time will tell.

So you basically are writing him off already.

Carayol on 10:26 - Feb 25 with 3809 viewschristiand

Carayol on 10:23 - Feb 25 by BrixtonBlue

So you basically are writing him off already.

No, lets wait and see, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Carayol on 10:46 - Feb 25 with 3767 viewsDennyx4

The biggest mystery to me on the ratings is that Spence is 7.7 and only played 90 seconds.

Compare that to all the other defenders that played 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet - Bonkers!!

I can see why fans would score Carayol high, good first half and a goal.
Carayol on 10:51 - Feb 25 with 3760 viewshowdonblue

He’s the best thing since sliced bread!
Carayol on 11:04 - Feb 25 with 3746 viewsNo9

Like many before him he looks very good - going forward, how long will it last?
Carayol on 11:13 - Feb 25 with 3724 viewsBrixtonBlue

Carayol on 11:04 - Feb 25 by No9

Like many before him he looks very good - going forward, how long will it last?

Can we just enjoy what's happened and not think about the bad that might happen?

Carayol on 11:20 - Feb 25 with 3720 viewsNo9

Carayol on 08:30 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

To emphasise this point, Bart is currently MoM for yesterday where he barely has a save to make. He's MoM for the Cardiff game where his only touch was to pick the ball out of the net. Insane.

Why are you so anti Bart?
It isn't logical
Carayol on 11:26 - Feb 25 with 3716 viewsPJH

Carayol on 11:20 - Feb 25 by No9

Why are you so anti Bart?
It isn't logical

I think that it is quite correctly anti TWTD ratings -they are what are not logical.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024